Detecting West Australian Gold
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2014 FORUM MUSTER

+21
aussie18
MacRob
goldfish
Moneybox
toad
madmav
rogawilco
goldstrijk
Evan2010
homer08
shorty
Bignuggs
mark409
pip 01
Flying kiwi
NuggieDreamer
AuHunter
albo
martinjsto
cruiser1
CrazyPete
25 posters

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

2014 FORUM MUSTER - Page 4 Empty 2014 FORUM MUSTER

Post by CrazyPete Wed 26 Mar 2014, 1:18 pm

First topic message reminder :

I'll set one up ifyaz come to Vic and wear floral dresses  Razz Razz Razz Razz
CrazyPete
CrazyPete
Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

2014 FORUM MUSTER - Page 4 Empty Re: 2014 FORUM MUSTER

Post by Guest Fri 15 Aug 2014, 1:12 am

u mob have a good time and reserve a seat for me next year.

regards
oneday

Back to top Go down

Post by martinjsto Sat 16 Aug 2014, 8:35 am

you and Cliff are first on the list for next year Ray, see if we can get on a lease up your way and see what all this pilbara gold is all about.
we have been delayed a few days but will hit the road tomorrow for 5 days exploring and fishing in Northampton then on to Kookynie. happy days
martinjsto
martinjsto
Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Moneybox Sat 16 Aug 2014, 9:59 pm

Nothing went to plan yesterday so we managed to get away about 9:30 this morning. Headed to Perth for a birthday party then left just on dark up the Great Eastern Highway. Nearly got to Mundaring before a massive blowout on the RH rear. Now we're back home in Capel to fit a new tyre tomorrow morning.  Rolling Eyes 
Moneybox
Moneybox

Back to top Go down

Post by cruiser1 Sun 17 Aug 2014, 8:22 am

Gee`s what a bad start on your trip.But look on the good side,no injuries or damage and an easy fix and you will be on your way again.Best of luck on your next attempt at getting away.

Cheers

Phil
cruiser1
cruiser1

Back to top Go down

Post by Moneybox Sun 17 Aug 2014, 10:44 am

500km done and still at home but we found the hole and fixed it  A;QSCK 

2014 FORUM MUSTER - Page 4 Img_5310
Moneybox
Moneybox

Back to top Go down

Post by madmav Sun 17 Aug 2014, 11:16 am

Well ppl we are here, camped on a quartz hill at the bottom of the dam, to the right as come down,,, a fair few other vans and all spread out, but we are out of the way where we are lol
Looking forward to seeing you all
Steve, Lea and Buddy
madmav
madmav

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 17 Aug 2014, 11:17 am

Phil I reckon u should buy a troopy and a camper trailer all fitted with good tyres and bobs yah uncle..

hope everything goes ok for both of u.

regards
oneday

Back to top Go down

Post by Moneybox Sun 17 Aug 2014, 8:04 pm

oneday wrote:Phil I reckon u should buy a troopy and a camper trailer all fitted with good tyres and bobs yah uncle..

hope everything goes ok for both of u.

regards
oneday
Thanks Ray but I believe that one's been well used  lol! 
I know I have dicky tyres but even though I think I've solved the problem that caused it most of my tyres are already damaged and too expensive to throw away. I bought ten tyres and eight have been damaged by an aftermarket beadlock. The beadlocks came cheap but cost me more than the standard ones in the end.
I prefer to have my kitchen ready and my bed made 24/7. Usually I don't have to dig too far to find anything (gold excluded) and Sandra can fill any empty spaces with a couple of hundred kilos of pretty rocks.
We're camped over looking a small lake SW of Hyden. We'll decide on which road to take in the morning. We already did the Holland Track some years back so might just follow up the Victoria Rock road to Coolgardie.
Moneybox
Moneybox

Back to top Go down

Post by Moneybox Sun 17 Aug 2014, 8:08 pm

madmav wrote:Well ppl we are here, camped on a quartz hill at the bottom of the dam, to the right as come down,,, a fair few other vans and all spread out, but we are out of the way where we are lol
Looking forward to seeing you all
Steve, Lea and Buddy
Steve don't forget to record those GPS coordinates of the best spots. We'll be looking forward to some guidance when we arrive and I don't mean the spots you've already picked bare... Wink 
Moneybox
Moneybox

Back to top Go down

Post by madmav Sun 17 Aug 2014, 8:25 pm

Hey there guys, Moneybox have not even swung the detector yet, but I will tomorrow, this area is all new to me to, so just looking to have fun and hopefully some luck comes in to play lol
Happy hunting
Steve, Lea and Buddy
madmav
madmav

Back to top Go down

Post by Moneybox Sun 17 Aug 2014, 8:28 pm

I just found this little spot on Google Earth. It's a pending tenement and it just might be the place to stop tomorrow night.

2014 FORUM MUSTER - Page 4 Screen10
Moneybox
Moneybox

Back to top Go down

Post by Moneybox Fri 22 Aug 2014, 7:35 pm

We've arrived at the dam this afternoon and after doing the rounds we caught up with Steve Lea and Buddy. We camped nearby, down the bottom up on the quartz ridge to the right.
Moneybox
Moneybox

Back to top Go down

Post by toad Fri 22 Aug 2014, 7:44 pm

Be there tomorrow sometime.
toad
toad

Back to top Go down

Post by Moneybox Fri 22 Aug 2014, 9:14 pm

For anybody who's interested, the phone reception here below the dam is dam good considering we don't have an antenna. We just have the iPhone 5C stuck against the window glass for quite reasonable internet.
 Very Happy 
Moneybox
Moneybox

Back to top Go down

Post by martinjsto Fri 22 Aug 2014, 9:16 pm

same here, should arrive around 4pm all going well. had a good fish this morning getting a big shark that went back and a nice taylor for brunch. did the shopping so get the fire ready for a big feed. looks like everyone should be there for sunday so we will do the BBQ on Sunday night so grub is fresh.
see you all soon
martin and karen
martinjsto
martinjsto
Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

2014 FORUM MUSTER - Page 4 Empty Niagara

Post by toad Sat 23 Aug 2014, 8:24 pm

Madmav and wife, Moneybox and wife, Sandstone and wife and me and my wife all safely camped at the dam.  Weather's great, beer's cold so now for some yellow.  Bon chance!

Last edited by toad on Mon 25 Aug 2014, 7:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
toad
toad

Back to top Go down

Post by MacRob Sun 24 Aug 2014, 2:32 pm

Is the pub still open?

MacRob

Back to top Go down

Post by toad Mon 25 Aug 2014, 7:02 pm

Yep. It appears to be. Tell you later in the week when I've had a schooner or two up there.
toad
toad

Back to top Go down

Post by Moneybox Tue 26 Aug 2014, 7:33 am

Having a great time in fabulous weather but still waiting for the gold gods to drop some on this big brown land. Many of us are still waiting for a rattle in the pill bottle. 2014 FORUM MUSTER - Page 4 490525052
Moneybox
Moneybox

Back to top Go down

2014 FORUM MUSTER - Page 4 Empty Re: 2014 forum muster

Post by aussie18 Tue 26 Aug 2014, 12:50 pm

you people at the muster should give a pending lease about 10k's north off kookynie on the right hand side off the road a go, tampa hill old dry blowing area. haven't been there but I've heard it could be worth while. no money back guarantee though hahaha.
good luck out there
jase
aussie18
aussie18

Back to top Go down

Post by purple-dragon Tue 26 Aug 2014, 2:08 pm

Have never been to Niagara Toad ,can you swim in it in summer or is it someones water supply-Dragon
purple-dragon
purple-dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Bignuggs Tue 26 Aug 2014, 3:07 pm

Niagara Dam was a government dam for Kookynie water supply but the town died and it wasn't really used. I think I got that bit right.
the locals from Menzies used to swim in it and there used to be a lot of yabbies in it also, not sure about it now.
Bignuggs
Bignuggs
Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Moneybox Tue 26 Aug 2014, 8:36 pm

aussie18 wrote:you people at the muster should give a pending lease about 10k's north off kookynie on the right hand side off the road a go, tampa hill old dry blowing area. haven't been there but I've heard it could be worth while. no money back guarantee though hahaha.
good luck out there
jase
thanks Jase will try that one tomorrow. We've covered a lot of ground and nobody is doing very well at all. Phil ps: i'm standing on the peak of amount in the dark to get reception.
Moneybox
Moneybox

Back to top Go down

Post by madmav Tue 26 Aug 2014, 8:56 pm

thanks for the heads up Jase,,, it is on the list already for a look, there is so much good looking ground out here, but alas that doesn't mean gold, am sure there is a patch out there somewhere we can all share, am looking thats for sure
take care all
happy hunting
Steve, Lea and Buddy
madmav
madmav

Back to top Go down

Post by toad Wed 27 Aug 2014, 7:38 pm

Still plenty of yabbies and yes you can swim in it.  Originally built to supply water for the steam trains between Kalgoorlie and Laverton.  Just before it was completed, good supplies of artesian water were discovered in the region and so the dam never actually came into service.
toad
toad

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next