Detecting West Australian Gold
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FORUM MUSTER 2013

+6
Jack-Tar
snapper
hanson
Ash100456
madmax800
Bignuggs
10 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

FORUM MUSTER 2013 Empty FORUM MUSTER 2013

Post by Bignuggs Sat 31 Aug 2013, 8:06 pm

I've met a great group of people this weekend. Its bloody magic being here.  Seen some good ground and madmav gets a special mention for picking some of the hardest ground l've seen to find a target.  Well done steve  Razz

Last edited by Bignuggs on Tue 10 Sep 2013, 7:36 pm; edited 1 time in total

Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

FORUM MUSTER 2013 Empty Re: FORUM MUSTER 2013

Post by madmax800 Sun 01 Sep 2013, 8:13 am

FORUM MUSTER 2013 1214499189 l;wfh Well the day has arrived, met the group but I need to appoligise for being in an unfit state (hangovers are a bugga). Fresh today so we are all heading out soon.Then my 8 weeks are over and its time to head back East to see what my wife has been doing while I have been away , living in my gypsy wagon.

madmax800:D 
madmax800
madmax800

Back to top Go down

Post by Ash100456 Sun 01 Sep 2013, 9:00 am

Best of golding luck to you all, Wish we were there with you all getting amongst it !
G'day Chris & June, Just got home from 5 mths in Qld. Formulating plans to head off again allready !
Cheers
Ash n Ali
Ash100456
Ash100456

Back to top Go down

FORUM MUSTER 2013 Empty I'm Back

Post by Bignuggs Mon 02 Sep 2013, 2:48 pm

I got home this arvo, it was a quick trip for me but good to get away from Perth and work for a few days.  The happy hunters are set up in their camp site and there's miles and miles of ground out there to walk and some nice looking ground too.
There's no phone or internet reception where they are but they'll try getting their aerials higher.
The track in was badly corrugated in sections but they all got there.  Only one mishap with a vehicle I know of but I'll let someone else tell the story.
Have they found gold yet ???? I'll let the finders tell ya  Very Happy   it wasn't me  lol! 
Ya can't go hungry out there.  There's roos, emus, and rabbits everywhere and seen some camel tracks.  
I'll post some photo's and vid clips later, I'm buggered at the moment and I'm winding down with a coldie or 2  kwdf 

Cheers
Cliff

Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Bignuggs Mon 02 Sep 2013, 5:04 pm

2 uninteresting pics taken from the plane.  I couldn't take a lot as it was "seat belts on" and all electrical equipment of any description had to be turned off.
I spent a lot of the time looking out the window, looking at the ground on the up and back trip.  Where the big mines were, where they were drilling, you could just about pick out old workings.
The colour change of the ground from the air is amazing.  It's hard to pick from the air why they chose a particular patch to dig but I'm no expert.
Did I learn anything ???  yes I did.  Gold is where ya find it  lol!   sorry.  Nah, I did pick up something interesting but you would have to fly over the Leo/Laverton area in a plane to pick it, coz I doubt at ground level it would look the same.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Bignuggs Mon 02 Sep 2013, 5:16 pm

Leonora 8.30am Saturday morning, dead as a door nail.  but if you had heard them at the pub on Friday night (it closes at midnight) you would understand why the locals weren't out and about   lol! 

Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

FORUM MUSTER 2013 Empty 10oz nugget

Post by Bignuggs Mon 02 Sep 2013, 6:16 pm

Steve was wearing headphones but we could all here the signal.  Unfortunately it wasn't.  about 4 inches of soft dirt and then concrete.  The general consensus, it was ground noise but it sounded good.

Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Bignuggs Mon 02 Sep 2013, 7:24 pm

Steve (madmav) and his good lady Leah.  And the "Puppy" named "Buddy".  Nice people and when the dog grows up and gets bigger, god help us all   Razz 
I'll let Steve and Leah tell ya's the story about the bacon & egg sandwich  lol!   Here's a hint, sitting in the front seat was good   FORUM MUSTER 2013 3179412840 

Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Bignuggs Mon 02 Sep 2013, 7:51 pm

Col (bluedog).  A true Aussie character and a great chum to be with out in the scrub.   I highly recommend his home brewed rum   FORUM MUSTER 2013 3273188554  if ya thirsty  cheers 

Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Bignuggs Mon 02 Sep 2013, 8:19 pm

If you are in Leo and ya need a bed, I can highly recommend the Whitehouse Hotel. It has been renovated, the rooms are good. TV, fridge, electric kettle with tea or coffee and milk in the fridge, cleaned every morning. The bathrooms (shower only with dunny and hand basin) will give ya the best HOT shower you have ever had.
They have a good counter meal menu and a small restaurant and the meals were good and cheap compared to Perth.
At $55 a night (room only) it was excellent.

Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Bignuggs Tue 03 Sep 2013, 7:09 pm

John (madmax800), another good Aussie character and a good fella.  Time camping and gold hunting in the scrub would be a hoot with John.  I hope we see him again next year.  

At the camp site.  From the top and clockwise.  Steve, Karen (Martins good lady, I missed getting a photo of Martin), John, Leah and "buddy" who took a liking to John's boots  Razz 

Here's Martin  lol! 

Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Bignuggs Tue 03 Sep 2013, 7:18 pm

Craig (jack tar, I'll call him the Phantom, he turned his head at the wrong time) and his good lady Cheryl.

Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Bignuggs Tue 03 Sep 2013, 7:20 pm

I'll put up some more pics tomorrow night and I'm thinking the vid clips I'll make into 1 movie so will post it later.

Cheers
Cliff

Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by hanson Tue 03 Sep 2013, 9:12 pm

And we are only at Menzies tonight after many mishaps ;o((

Leonora tomorrow am and see what happens from then on
hanson
hanson

Back to top Go down

Post by Bignuggs Wed 04 Sep 2013, 6:49 pm

Well, it's still Friday but the sun is going down and Col is still hanging onto that tree branch.  
It had nothing to do with the home brew rum or did it  lol!  Naaah

Here's the rest of the pics.  Mostly just the guys heading in and looking for a suitable camping spot.     

We did have a swing on Saturday but just a short one.  It was a scouting trip to get the bus in.

More of the trip in on Sunday.

Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by snapper Thu 05 Sep 2013, 2:39 pm

G,day Cliff, Hope there all on high ground, iv'e been out bush for a while and its been raining for nearly 24 hours and the 2wd just managed to get back into Lavo town
snapper
snapper

Back to top Go down

Post by Jack-Tar Thu 05 Sep 2013, 5:21 pm

Hi Guys,

Cheryl and I have jumped ship and left the camp early. We have headed back to Leonora due to a light steady rain during the night and forecast thunderstorms. Our motorhome weighs in at over 10 ton and we didn't want to get stuck (or bogged) out there if the roads are closed. We managed to find a few pieces (pics to come). It was great putting names to faces and we had a great time with all. Thanks to Jason for the advice and the stories Razz . Hopefully if the roads remain open we will head back up there in the car before everyone leaves.

Thanks Cliff for organising it all and it was great to meet you. Pity there was no yella for ya Sad

Craig

Jack-Tar

Back to top Go down

Post by Bignuggs Thu 05 Sep 2013, 6:49 pm

Hi Craig & Cheryl,
It was a pleasure to meet you and hope to see you again when next in the West.
It was wise to get out. Sounds like it will get wet out there but the ground is hungry and should dry quick, hopefully.

Cheers
Cliff

Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

FORUM MUSTER 2013 Empty Vid Clips

Post by Bignuggs Thu 05 Sep 2013, 7:05 pm

Some short vid clips.

First one, Saturday morning in Leonora and I wasn't too steady on my feet  Very Happy 

Saturday scouting trip checking out tracks to get in.

Next lot are just the trip into the leases.  I'm a bit miserly with cameras and only take short clips  lol!

Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 06 Sep 2013, 9:24 pm

bra.  Jeg liker å se aussie bush.  Takk.  
I like what I see.  cheers 

Bloodaxe

Back to top Go down

Post by Bignuggs Fri 06 Sep 2013, 10:10 pm

The weather turned and the wise choice was to go.  Many thanks to those who got out there.  it was good to meet you all and I got a feeling we will do it again next year.  
Where it will be done  ??  I don't know but the planning starts now.  So get your thinking caps on, as all suggestions are welcome.

cheers 
Cliff

Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by martinjsto Mon 09 Sep 2013, 4:02 pm

hi guys, well a great trip for our first muster. many thanks to cliff for all his organizing and efforts. it wouldnt have happened without his input. it was great to meet you all and put names to faces, hopefully next time cliff you can stay a while and sample my home remedy. lweg Karen picked up a couple of little pieces under craig and Cheryl's motorhome when they left. she was so pleased with her first find.Shocked leason learned to check the camp b4 setup?  a big thanks to all who helped, you know who you are.. we left due to rain on Friday but ended up nearly getting stuck on a bit of free ground we stopped to have a look at on the way home. we decided to stay friday and saturday night as it looked fine but the sky opened up on saturday night leaving a river under our camper... FORUM MUSTER 2013 3273188554  luckily it dried out on sunday and we got out of there and home safely. we found 8 little pieces of gold there ranging from 0.07 grams to 1.5 grams pics to follow soon. l;wfh cheers . all up a further 4.5 grams a great finish to the trip. a big thanks again to Jase for all his advice and friendship, and to colin and chris and june for your assistance and help over the frw days. steve and leah and craig and cheryl and john, it was great to meet you all and to spin a yarn over a camp fire when we were able, cyas again soon we hope.  
Martin and Karen
martinjsto
martinjsto
Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 11 Sep 2013, 6:19 pm

Sounds like everybody had a great time. Looking at the photos of Leo van park, I saw some of my mate's vans in the background. I'm really sorry I couldn't get there to catch up. I have a lease nearby that spot where you were and we had planned to drop in for a day. But after 4 months of just about anything that could go wrong, did go wrong we headed back to Perth before we both threw ourselves under the 'dozer!

I'm also sorry that the deal with Navigator Mining didn't work out, but I can't control corporate law and it came at the exactly the wrong time,

Nice to see our doggy mates all on leads. The 1080 out there is everywhere and it's heartbreaking to watch your mates die a slow death for hours on end.

Hmmmmm,,,,,,,,,,,thinking,,,,,,,,,,I might start doing my gold safaris again!Laughing 

Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Jack-Tar Wed 11 Sep 2013, 9:13 pm

Gold safaris, sign us up Cat

Jack-Tar

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 12 Sep 2013, 11:50 am

Jack-Tar wrote:Gold safaris, sign us up Cat
Jack,

I used to do them back in 1995 and back then I could guarantee that a customer would find gold - and I never had a failure. I packed it in when could no longer give that same guarantee. I do have a conscience about taking money from people.

All I can offer these days is that of a guide, an advisor, access to some tenements and a rescue service with good comms!! No golden guarantees I'm afraid and I don't know how people would stand in that regard. I've seen some nasty things said and done when people don't find gold. I don't need that kinda trouble but I am thinking about starting again.

Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum