Detecting West Australian Gold
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2015 Forum Muster

+21
Ttrash
Nightjar
AUseeker
shorty
Stingray
Golditch
travelergold
old dragon
Jack-Tar
gold n beer
Charlie 59
Bignuggs
NuggieDreamer
martinjsto
CrazyPete
Peaky
purple-dragon
Moneybox
Flying kiwi
ronybaby49
cruiser1
25 posters

Page 1 of 7 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

2015 Forum Muster Empty 2015 Forum Muster

Post by martinjsto Mon 04 May 2015, 5:20 pm

hi all, we have been getting a few enquiries for the 2015 muster, thinking of sandstone this year and due to the poor attendance to Niagara muster 2014 we will be keeping it simple with no fees and consequently no BBQ or prizes awarded. just a get together of as many of us that are keen. post any suggestions on dates ETC and we can start the process of getting leaseholders info for 40E's and/or permissions as required.
cheers
martin

martinjsto
Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

2015 Forum Muster Empty Re: 2015 Forum Muster

Post by cruiser1 Mon 04 May 2015, 7:22 pm

Hi Martin.I am preety right for any time after June.

Cheers

Phil
cruiser1
cruiser1

Back to top Go down

Post by ronybaby49 Tue 05 May 2015, 7:00 am

Sounds good martin ,count me in .I missed last year as i was in shark bay fishing. you would understand that. my second most important hobby. cheers ron..

ronybaby49

Back to top Go down

Post by gold n beer Tue 05 May 2015, 1:43 pm

sounds good Martin, keep it simple is the right idea mate i think.
I've been meaning to get out to sandstone for a while now so this is a good excuse to check this spot out.
i will confirm my attendance once dates have been set, with my line of work no point me asking for a specific date as i usually don't know until about 2 weeks before i can go.
cheers
jase
gold n beer
gold n beer

Back to top Go down

Post by old dragon Tue 05 May 2015, 2:16 pm

Hi Martin We would love to be there, if it was around the end of July,it would give us time to get over to WA. Cheers Max

old dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Flying kiwi Tue 05 May 2015, 2:36 pm

good one martin as always im keen, but learned my lesson last year when things went to shite and could not make it put us down as a maybe kwdf
cheers Tom

Flying kiwi

Back to top Go down

Post by NuggieDreamer Tue 05 May 2015, 7:46 pm

Add one more Martin, anytime anywhere cheers
NuggieDreamer
NuggieDreamer

Back to top Go down

Post by martinjsto Wed 06 May 2015, 12:52 am

sounds like end of july start of august meets with most ATM. i will say tentatively 1st of August (can be modified if required) and we could all meet at the sandstone pub around 2 to 3pm, no staying for a few beers as we may not end up leaving, lweg lweg lweg lweg lweg whgirt ;xs;sp there is plenty of blue ground around there and I know of a spot just a few km (<20) south worth checking out, i will look over the ground on my next trip in a few weeks for camp ground and wood supply and of course the gold. qwk;ec get your own 40E's if you want to visit other spots. i think 5 days is good, if we stay too long the ground will be flogged and people will move on. i will see who the PLH is unless someone already knows the details and could PM me and will make a reasonable effort to contact them and make them aware of our intentions. should be a good time of year, nice and cool and dry so get ya gear in order for a great time and some long campfire yarns.
cheers
martin

martinjsto
Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Moneybox Wed 13 May 2015, 6:42 pm

We were due home by the end of July but we had to return early. The bus is still in Queensland so who knows we might be able to return at the right time to attend but I have no idea yet.

Back to top Go down

Post by purple-dragon Thu 14 May 2015, 7:16 am

I wouldn`t mind having a look in Martin and it will be my first muster-is it a weekend bash?-Dragon
purple-dragon
purple-dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by martinjsto Thu 14 May 2015, 5:52 pm

August this year starts on saturday 1st so if we say from saturday 1st to friday 7th ATM. see what everyone thinks. im heading out to Sandstone around the 27th May so when I get back i will fill you all in on the ground ETC.

martinjsto
Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Bignuggs Thu 14 May 2015, 6:04 pm

Good stuff Martin. I will be checking out some areas providing I get permissions.
It might be a case of getting your own 40e's but we'll see how we go.
It seems the Sandstone area might be the go regardless of what has happened lately.
Still a bit of time even if we have to park up in the bloody caravan park, hope not.
cheers

Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by martinjsto Wed 10 Jun 2015, 4:41 pm

just got back from the trip as posted in May trip in the murchison.

http://www.detectingwestaustraliangold.com/t5516-may-trip-in-the-murchinson

we ended up a few km from meeka and found some good gold and some lovely species. we stopped at Quinns Dry blowing and found over an oz of nuggets on the scrapes 12 in one day for me some pieces from John and Phil going 4.75g and they also got around 30 odd grams between them so plenty of gold around that area still left and a great massive place to explore so my choice is to head there for the muster and camp for a week. the old fella that had a bad attitude has died and his wife has sold all his leases so its no longer a problem getting permission. i will post the details of the company to contact for permission as its not correct on tengraph ATM but all you need to do is call them and email your details. i also know the fella who owns the Quinns dry blowing No1 lease and shouldnt have any issue getting permission to detect there. there is some good camping near the old town site where the windmill is and i will put up some co-ordinates soon. whats everyones thoughts? its a little further than sandstone but we lucked out there but scored bigtime around Meeka.
cheers
Martin

martinjsto
Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by old dragon Thu 11 Jun 2015, 4:30 pm

Hi Martin, we are looking forward to the muster and meeting up with you guys from the forum, Quinns would be great for us as it was an area we intended to detect on our trip to WA. Do we need to put in a 41E or just contact the lease holder for permission.
Cheers Max

old dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by martinjsto Thu 11 Jun 2015, 4:39 pm

hi Max, i am currently looking into the leaseholders as i was informed by another prospector whilst there that cue minerals are no longer the current leaseholders, i will post the contact details here soon and it seems all you need to do is email them asking for permission and they will grant it after submitting a few forms. no need for a 40E from what he told me but i will confirm soon. there is also a large pending area tat is full of old scrapes that we found gold on so if necessary we could all camp there.
cheers

martinjsto
Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by CrazyPete Thu 11 Jun 2015, 5:09 pm

Sounds like a good plan Martin, great area and easy gold.
Haven't been up Quinn's since the 2000 days and man it was a multiple ounce day spot back then with multi nugget holes aplenty.

Pete

Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by NuggieDreamer Thu 11 Jun 2015, 5:27 pm

Reckon it would be hard to convince the land holder to allow a whole forum of prospectors loose on their lease. But with numbers, its better to dealing with the psychos up there, who think their pending lease already belongs to them and come across in the past and don't want to argue the point while ducking bullets and threats to destroy your camp with their loader.
NuggieDreamer
NuggieDreamer

Back to top Go down

Post by martinjsto Thu 11 Jun 2015, 7:39 pm

once I get a reply from the current leaseholder I will put in a request for a group stay nuggie dreamer, we stayed on the pending for 12 days and didnt see anyone apart from Tom who was another prospector who had been there for a few months and hadnt seen any lease holders at all. A local from meeka told me the drilling results didnt show any viable locations so i believe they are not interested in any major works and dont seem to mind prospectors, thats in the granted areas not sure about the pending. worst case is a bunch of 40E's but i should know b4 that will be required.

it will be good to start a list of definite attendees once i get the required forms i will need peoples details or if you like you can apply directly yourself. im easy.
cheers

martinjsto
Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by old dragon Fri 12 Jun 2015, 5:54 am

Hi Martin,
My Wife Belinda and I will definitely be coming to the muster.Very Happy

old dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by martinjsto Wed 17 Jun 2015, 7:34 pm

here are the details you need for the permissions from the leaseholder for the muster at quinns on the 1st August till the 8th.

the company is Silverlake Resources and you need to speak to Antony Shepherd he is contactable via email at ashepherd@silverlakeresources.com.au or by phone on
(08) 6313 3800
he has personal permission forms that you need to complete and send back. i did ask about a group application but he would prefer individual applications.
although a lot of the ground is on common land there is a pastoral lease you need to access, the pastoral leaseholder is James Leasey and is contactable on 99815874 and is a pleasant fella with no issues with prospectors.
the lease numbers are
M51/731
M51/574
M51/648
M51/533
M51/732
M51/776
M51/534
M51/642
M51/505
M51/532
this will cover the area and extend out for kilometers around so should be plenty of ground for everyone.
there is also a few pending P/L around there and the one at quinns dryblowing is held by a mate of mine Peter Grey, I phoned him and all is good with trying your luck there although he did say not much gold was found on that lease.
ok balls in your court now. i will post a pic and coordinates of the camp site i have in mind as its central to all the leases and good ground.
If everyone that get the permissions sorted put up a post here it will constitute a list of attendees.
cheers
Martin

martinjsto
Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Peaky Wed 17 Jun 2015, 8:36 pm

Great work Martin

I don't think I will be able to get there

I do think all that are going to attend should be great full to you for the effort you have put in.

Don't rule me out but time is hard to get and it would be a long run for 2-3 days.

Peaky.

Back to top Go down

Post by martinjsto Wed 17 Jun 2015, 9:02 pm

no worries peaky be good to see ya there but understandable.

here are the pics of track in and camp location. the north track is just after a grid,

2015 Forum Muster North_10

the south track is a bit harder to find but its there just on a bend.

2015 Forum Muster South_10

track in

2015 Forum Muster Quinns10

2015 Forum Muster Quinns11

and camp location

2015 Forum Muster Quinns12

ok im done. up to you all now, see who ever attends there.
cheers
Martin

martinjsto
Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by CrazyPete Thu 18 Jun 2015, 6:04 am

Great work Martin, now you lot get out there and clean up.

Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by martinjsto Thu 18 Jun 2015, 8:15 am

cheers Pete i will see if i can upload the forms.

martinjsto
Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by NuggieDreamer Thu 18 Jun 2015, 9:06 am

Great Stuff Admin. Very Happy
NuggieDreamer
NuggieDreamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content