Detecting West Australian Gold
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2015 Forum Muster

+21
Ttrash
Nightjar
AUseeker
shorty
Stingray
Golditch
travelergold
old dragon
Jack-Tar
gold n beer
Charlie 59
Bignuggs
NuggieDreamer
martinjsto
CrazyPete
Peaky
purple-dragon
Moneybox
Flying kiwi
ronybaby49
cruiser1
25 posters

Page 4 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

2015 Forum Muster - Page 4 Empty 2015 Forum Muster

Post by martinjsto Mon 04 May 2015, 5:20 pm

First topic message reminder :

hi all, we have been getting a few enquiries for the 2015 muster, thinking of sandstone this year and due to the poor attendance to Niagara muster 2014 we will be keeping it simple with no fees and consequently no BBQ or prizes awarded. just a get together of as many of us that are keen. post any suggestions on dates ETC and we can start the process of getting leaseholders info for 40E's and/or permissions as required.
cheers
martin

martinjsto
Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

2015 Forum Muster - Page 4 Empty Re: 2015 Forum Muster

Post by Bignuggs Wed 22 Jul 2015, 6:28 pm

I'm not sure how everyone is traveling but I will be leaving on Friday morning 31 July. Probably stop in Cue for the night and then do the rest of the trip.
I'll be on channel 18 with the you beaut radio.
Any one in Cue on Friday night ??

Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Moneybox Wed 22 Jul 2015, 9:57 pm

Bignuggs wrote:I'm not sure how everyone is traveling but I will be leaving on Friday morning 31 July.  Probably stop in Cue for the night and then do the rest of the trip.
I'll be on channel 18 with the you beaut radio.
Any one in Cue on Friday night ??
Bignuggs we should just about be there by then. We plan leave Friday, this Friday, because we tend to get a little distracted at times and it's difficult to get anywhere by a predetermined time. The housesitters arrive Friday lunchtime.

Anyway it's already happened. I had to take a rush trip out bush yesterday to get firewood for the housesitters and returned with a half a dozen old bottles. Now Mrs M has decided we should spend the first night rescuing old bottles from their local bush hideout. I don't want to head off to the goldfields with a load of old bottles so we'll be home again Saturday to unload. Sunday is surely lost on catching up with family in Perth so perhaps we'll really only get away Monday.

I really don't know if we can handle 900km in just a few days but we'll give it a go Very Happy  I managed to get my hands on a UHF radio so we'll be in Ch:18 as well. I don't know if these antennas need to be tuned but I called for a radio check today and some bird answered loud and clear so I guess it's working.

Back to top Go down

Post by Bignuggs Thu 23 Jul 2015, 5:39 pm

Not a problem Phil and have a good trip.
Is there anyone else leaving Friday morning or possibly the day before.

Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by travelergold Thu 23 Jul 2015, 5:56 pm

Bob, we have had machine set mostly with volume 20, sensitivity 16, the other setting, threshold 12, hiegh yeild, difficult.
we found that with deeper nuggets/or rather specimens that heigh yeild produced a crisper sound than normal or large gold.
we are talking 3 foot plus deep. The 4500 could not hear them intil we scraped 6 to 8 inches of top. These speccies ar more like sponge gold or wire gold and have hair like gold sticking out from them. So that probably explains why 4500 would not pick up. The machine really is a killer on smaller gold and .2g bits are quite deep, to 6 inch or more. It pays to have a good ear to as wife does not think there is a signal there sometimes and says i am imagining a target until a scrape of the ground tells truth.
hoping to get to cue day before, friday so can meet up at park then. Will be easier to find out all together then next day. TG

travelergold

Back to top Go down

Post by BIG GEM Thu 23 Jul 2015, 6:53 pm

Hi TG, appreciate your advice and interesting setting. Will try them tomorrow. Will stay in Cue until you and Bignuggs arrive Friday and we all travel together to the muster. Cheers Bob

BIG GEM

Back to top Go down

Post by BIG GEM Fri 24 Jul 2015, 9:23 am

Hi Bignuggs, just realised I haven't replied to your inquiry "anyone staying in Cue Friday night". We will be here, bay 44. Cheers Bob

BIG GEM

Back to top Go down

Post by travelergold Fri 24 Jul 2015, 5:50 pm

Whats happening with the weather. Overcast and drizzly rain from roy hill to newman. We are camped tonight at kumarina south of newman and strady rain. Hope this does not go on to long. TG

travelergold

Back to top Go down

Post by martinjsto Fri 24 Jul 2015, 6:33 pm

Cliff, we will be heading off friday and be at the camp spot by friday arvo around 4 pm.
I just got back from 6 days out there and will put up a post soon with distances to turnoffs for panetti rd off GNH from meeka and on to the track to get into quinns, the mud map is fairly accurate with another fella from the forum finding the camp spot no worries.
i got 7 grams for the 6 days and between the 5 of us we got around 2 oz, one piece going just over 8 g and Phil *Flyrock covered the cost of his new Elite coil in 5 days detecting. also another lady got a 2 oz piece a few weeks ago right next to the camp spot on flogged ground. we also got phone reception but only at night.
it will be good to catch up with you all and I have a small request for anyone getting there earlier, as I am taking two dogs i would like to use the three trees next to the camp fire that is setup at the co ordinates for their run so please keep that in mind, we will appreciate it.
cheers
Martin

Last edited by martinjsto on Fri 24 Jul 2015, 8:35 pm; edited 1 time in total

martinjsto
Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by travelergold Fri 24 Jul 2015, 6:50 pm

Martin, how safe is it out there for a dog? Do you know if there has been baits or is ok? We do have a cage muzzle for our little dog, and he will be no trouble to anybody. Just gaurds our motorhome, but is a sook soon as away from it.

travelergold

Back to top Go down

Post by martinjsto Fri 24 Jul 2015, 7:35 pm

i dont think anywhere in the goldfields is safe for dogs, they drop aerial baits randomly so one could fall into the camp and goodbuy doggie. i check the area well b4 setting up but i just dont have any options as they wont stay in a kennel fretting to the point of getting seriously sick and us getting a call to come pick them up so unfortunately we have to take them. if they get baited i will just have to shoot them as i wont let them suffer,

martinjsto
Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by martinjsto Fri 24 Jul 2015, 9:03 pm

ok directions for the trek. all the roads are good but a bit rough in some places. the fellas that have been there for a few months do recommend the south entry into quinns but you can get a large van through the north track anyway, always consider the rain situation when choosing the track into quinns.

from cue on GNH travel 83 km and turn right into panetti rd, go through gate full of pink tape. please close all gates securely.
go 3.1km down track, its a bit rough in some places but im happy to take the caravan down there as its fairly wide then turn right at T junction.
keep left at the private haul road junction and follow road where you will end up being parallel to the airstrip that is located on the south side of the road at the station
you will go past the station access roads * no access sign to station and sign posted to meeka/sandstone by lease holder * so stay on main track to the T junction of Panetti rd/ Meeka /sandstone road where you will see a <<<<<>>>>> sign (end of road warning). this is 29km from the taped gate. for reference on return trip you are just north/west of Mt Yagerhorn and you will see the same <<<<<>>>>> sign with two tyres on the base on the RHS heading back towards meeka. (reference for returning home)
now travel S/E for 15km till you go over the grid and turn immediately right for north track, or another 5 or so km to south track, (I didnt measure that).
follow north track 4.3km to the Quinns north access gate, enter and follow track keeping to the main well travelled path, you need to veer right at the y junction again the most used track, if everyone with UHF keeps on ch 18 you should get someone if needed.
follow track to co ordinates as per pic above. good luck and
hope i didnt just confuse you but it should make sense when travelling.
see you all there.
the list so far
old dragon X2
big gem X2
moneybox X2
bignuggs X1
martinjsto X2
Flyrock X2
Travelergold X2
Cruiser1 X1 (maybe)
JohnF X1 (maybe)
Homer08 X2

Jase (UTBN) has txt me saying he just may make it also.
cheers
Martin

martinjsto
Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Moneybox Fri 24 Jul 2015, 10:56 pm

Thanks Martin. I must say this is the first time somebody has given me a mud map that I had to draw myself Wink

Last edited by Moneybox on Fri 24 Jul 2015, 10:59 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Fix the smiley.)

Back to top Go down

Post by Moneybox Fri 24 Jul 2015, 11:06 pm

Martin how is the ground for travelling about? We'll be in 2WD.

Back to top Go down

Post by martinjsto Sat 25 Jul 2015, 11:45 am

its fine Phil, even off road in a lot of areas there are nice small quartz or ironstone beds to drive on but there is also plenty of rough stuff and mulga. rain will turn it to mud quickly though. there are tracks every where out there, a bit of a spaghetti junction so getting to scrapes or mines is relatively easy. 4wd is needed if you go looking for virgin ground making your own tracks of course.

martinjsto
Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Bignuggs Sat 25 Jul 2015, 3:31 pm

Martin, do you mean the Polelle Road ?  if you do, I have 2 track plt files for those who use a hema and a kml or kmz for google earth if anyone wants them.

2015 Forum Muster - Page 4 Polell10
2015 Forum Muster - Page 4 Quinns10

Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by martinjsto Sat 25 Jul 2015, 4:46 pm

yep my instructions are for polelle rd turn off 1. i will put up a D.W.A.G. sign to follow on the y junctions once your in quinns past the gates as they are the only real bits where you could go wrong. then look out for our jayco pop up, shouldnt miss it
add another to the list
nuggetdreamer is coming so if all rock up we will be at 20. good effort everyone.

martinjsto
Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Moneybox Sat 25 Jul 2015, 9:01 pm

Sandra will be keeping her eyes peeled for old bottles. If you see any in your travels we'd appreciate the coordinates.

2015 Forum Muster - Page 4 P7240011

Some of todays bottle finds.

2015 Forum Muster - Page 4 Little10

Back to top Go down

Post by BIG GEM Sun 26 Jul 2015, 5:27 pm

Hi Martin, Bignuggs and Moneybox, we went yesterday to Quinns to check the roads out and it appears the South entrance and South gate road is the best for Caravan entry. We introduced ourselves to the Queensland couple, and also Tom and his wife and Angelo and his wife. The Queensland couple advised that where they were situated was not where the forum members were meeting so we appreciate your advice Martin in this regard. We have decided to leave Cue Caravan Park on Tuesday morning so we can get settled as rain is forecast for Meeka on Friday night. Cheers Bob

BIG GEM

Back to top Go down

Post by martinjsto Sun 26 Jul 2015, 6:52 pm

thanks for the update Bob.
the south track in leads to the same y junction so just follow the signs if you have any issues. i travelled most of that track last week and it is pretty good.
cheers

martinjsto
Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Bignuggs Sun 26 Jul 2015, 7:31 pm

This is the latest. Keep your eye on it. It changes every day.
I only use Elders Weather. Either way, I'll see some of you good people in Cue on Friday. or have you gone ?

2015 Forum Muster - Page 4 Meeka110

Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Moneybox Sun 26 Jul 2015, 8:22 pm

We are camped at a "P" just NE of Wubin. We'll most likely take a look around Lake Austin tomorrow.

Back to top Go down

Post by travelergold Tue 28 Jul 2015, 7:34 am

We have spend a day in meeka and have decided to head out to muster point area today, this morning when we are ready.
will see yous out there. TG

travelergold

Back to top Go down

Post by Flying kiwi Tue 28 Jul 2015, 10:37 am

Good luck Team wish I was up there with ya all lwkgthgt

keep the updates and brag shots flowing in for all us poor bastards stuck at work Sad

Flying kiwi

Back to top Go down

Post by Bignuggs Tue 28 Jul 2015, 6:28 pm

I thought the muster was from 1 to 7 August.
Is it now a free for all ??  and we can get there any time we like ??
Still some people who can't get there until the Saturday.
Fair go people  !!

Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by martinjsto Tue 28 Jul 2015, 8:10 pm

i guess its just a matter of what time frames people have to work with Cliff, the muster is from the 1st to the 7th but you cannot stop people arriving early or staying longer as long as we get together for the dates mentioned its all good in my books. i have done a lot of work organising this and dont need any aggravation so close to the muster. it is a huge place and no one will be better or worse off because of their arrival time, early or late. so lets all just chill out and enjoy the time together and good luck to you all.

martinjsto
Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next