Detecting West Australian Gold
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FORUM MEET 2015

+12
aussie18
mark409
Tkinggold
Nosralt
Bignuggs
Ttrash
Nanjim
toad
martinjsto
Moneybox
wavehog
Banjo
16 posters

Go down

FORUM MEET 2015 Empty FORUM MEET 2015

Post by Guest Wed 31 Dec 2014, 4:34 pm

Well me and the old goat Cliff and Martin have started to try to nut out a few places to have a get together sometime between May right through to August.

This should give the few that want to take part plenty of time to organise their life, food and women.

Suggestion is to b between Nullagine and Leo

So if any of u have a secret place on a granted or pending E then PM me

Out the back of Mozzie Creek sounds like a good enough place for me but not the old goat so will see what eventuates.
mind u I could be dead by then so the burial would be quick and cheap.

I have already got permission from a couple of resource companies to date to prospect on their leases.

so will see what the consensus wants to do.

regards
oneday

Back to top Go down

FORUM MEET 2015 Empty Re: FORUM MEET 2015

Post by Banjo Wed 31 Dec 2014, 4:45 pm

Yeah Mozzie Creek suits me Ray Very Happy

Banjo

Back to top Go down

Post by wavehog Wed 31 Dec 2014, 6:39 pm

I'm keen ,will keep checking for more info.

wavehog

Back to top Go down

Post by Moneybox Thu 01 Jan 2015, 12:20 am

Sorry guys, this time I think we will most likely miss out. We are in the midst of repairs and upgrades on the bus. If all goes to plan we leave here on 28th February heading east in search of gemstones around Glen Innes and Armidale. After Minerama then we intend to be in Stanthorpe for the geocaching Queensland Mega event 2-6th April. From there we head further north as far as Cairns region where we might find a bit of gold and a little west for more gemstones.
We've planned for four months but who knows. When we go for a few weeks it usually ends up a few months.

The 2014 muster was very good for us. We learned enough to go on and find 44g over those few weeks. It was our first gold and we intend to do it again but it's a long way from Capel to anywhere.
We just got the map out to see if we could possibly join you on the way home but we would most likely end up coming up the Tanami and we would have to pass by a lot of gold country getting there so I doubt we'd be there before you left.

We wish you all a fabulous muster 2015. We'll be thinking about you especially if we're not finding anything on the other side.

Last edited by Moneybox on Thu 01 Jan 2015, 12:24 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Add that missing word that meant so much...)

Back to top Go down

Post by martinjsto Fri 02 Jan 2015, 9:33 am

we really need some input guys. suggestions on a location or areas will help with planning permissions etc. it will be good, as ray mentioned, to get away from the thrashed areas but distance time etc is a major consideration for some. it would also be good to get a few more attending these musters and support the effort that the admins put in. a similar forum had over 50 people attend their annual muster so why cant we?
anyhoo lets get planning now and get those suggestions rolling, we can all vote on the best spot to suit most people once we have a list.
my suggestion, our mate bruce has pegged a lot of ground north of cue and NW of sandstone with a lot of small pendings springing up recently in the area so gold is being found there.

so we have;

1. Mozzie Creek
2. between north of cue and south of tuckanarra
3. sandstone

cheers

martinjsto
Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by wavehog Fri 02 Jan 2015, 8:09 pm

Cue and sandstone sound good ,have been out there before but it's copped a flogging.

wavehog

Back to top Go down

Post by toad Fri 02 Jan 2015, 8:15 pm

Considerations: Can we get caravans in there? Is there a water supply within 4 or 5 km? Where is the closest Hungry Jacks?
toad
toad

Back to top Go down

Post by Nanjim Sat 03 Jan 2015, 9:18 am

We are interested....
Where that I will leave to the more experienced members....
When is the big one might need to book time off work.....

Cheers Nanjim
Jim

Nanjim

Back to top Go down

Post by Ttrash Sat 03 Jan 2015, 12:38 pm

Yes Interested

We have a 2 yr old 4X4 BT 50 & A 29ft caravan

Just suitable access for the above
Of course van can be left at point B if need be

Ttrash
Ttrash

Back to top Go down

Post by martinjsto Sat 03 Jan 2015, 1:41 pm

mozzie creek looks fairly accessible from GE. I have not been there personally but from what i can see taking the Nullagine Woodi Woodi rd from Nullagine some 50 60km takes you to the turnoff west to mozzie creek as on the pic bellow.

FORUM MEET 2015 Mozzie10

maybe Ray could zoom us into the actual camping area. there are tenements on the ground, granted mining lease held by millenium minerals and the pending held by Talga resources.

FORUM MEET 2015 Teneme10

anyway Mozzie Creek is rays baby so if it is the go, im sure he has something up his sleeve....

hope im in the right area Ray, I went off a google search. Very Happy
cheers

martinjsto
Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 03 Jan 2015, 3:10 pm

we are completely open to suggestions...Mozzie creek mining area is a bloody large area and u shouldn't underestimate the surrounding areas either.

a new hungry jacks store is going up and will be ready on the 2nd day of the meet---I have seen the plans for the new building and they look great. l;wfh l;wfh

Water will be available from the heavens coz it always rains end of May-into a couple of weeks in June..Windmills maybe still running but no big deal, a quick run into Nullagine or the Bar depending were we end up, we will fill the 1000L pod.

it will be a gathering of like minded folk who hopefully will share a great week or two. Not interested in having 100 people there coz that would have to be put in the hard basket as far as organisation goes, and I don't think theres enough time in the day to get everything sorted.

Its more a family affair--Uncle Cliff and brother Martin--scary hey: lol!

u never know we might end up at meeka on the outskirts of town--nah just kidding--cant stand the bright lights of town.

but hey we r certainly giving everyone a bit of time to try to organise themselves.

regards
oneday

Back to top Go down

Post by Bignuggs Sat 03 Jan 2015, 3:36 pm

I'm thinking time of year is flexible. It's normally held first week of September but maybe can be bought forward to first week of August.
We don't need to be washed out with rain.
May might be a bit early. Name a month that suites everyone.
This takes time to search an area for van access and gain access to the ground.
Unless Uncle Ray gets his finger out and uses some of his magic.

Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nosralt Sat 03 Jan 2015, 3:48 pm

Mozzie creek sounds good for me also, just let me know when.
Been some nice gold come out of the area
Nosralt
Nosralt

Back to top Go down

Post by Tkinggold Sat 03 Jan 2015, 4:02 pm

oneday wrote:

u never know we might end up at meeka on the outskirts of town--nah just kidding--cant stand the bright lights of town.

but hey we r certainly giving everyone a bit of time to try to organise themselves.

regards
oneday

Haha, thats all I need is a mass organized claim jump affraid

Feel free to pop in if you guys do end up down this way, plenty of ground to camp on there. I'll be out working my other lease by then cheers

Tkinggold

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 03 Jan 2015, 4:45 pm

see Cliff has brought himself a second hand hurst to go on the muster with --

his theory is that if he karks it in the back --just slide me out and dump me in a hole---hopefully befoe he goes off.

it will be a sight to see.

regards
oneday

Back to top Go down

Post by Bignuggs Sat 03 Jan 2015, 5:08 pm

it's spelt "hearse" and at least I can download MP3 onto my computer Uncle Ray   Very Happy
Have ya worked it out yet ?  you have worn me out trying to help ya   FORUM MEET 2015 1632602647

Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 03 Jan 2015, 5:47 pm

I can see why people commit murder --what a load of bollocks

how can u b worn out--- u don't have a mrs--spare me lord.

the shite that I have to put up with.

regards
oneday

Back to top Go down

Post by Bignuggs Sat 03 Jan 2015, 6:00 pm

No wonder I drink  Razz
I've had to listen to you bitch and whinge and moan all day about ya bloody music  
We'll change the name of this to the Forum Computer Muster just for you so you can get ya bloody  music downloaded   lol!
and then ya can camp well away from me at the Muster    FORUM MEET 2015 1472621687

Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by mark409 Sat 03 Jan 2015, 7:23 pm

oneday wrote:see Cliff has brought himself a second hand hurst to go on the muster with --

his theory is that if he karks it in the back --just slide me out and dump me in a hole---hopefully befoe he goes off.

it will be a sight to see.

regards
oneday

it would have to be better than cutting it out in a nursing home ,,rather give the dingo,s a feed
Mark409
mark409
mark409

Back to top Go down

Post by toad Sat 03 Jan 2015, 9:22 pm

From what I've heard of his music tastes, probably better for all of us he doesn't learn how to download mp3's
toad
toad

Back to top Go down

Post by aussie18 Sat 03 Jan 2015, 11:43 pm

keen as this season , will be great to catch up with you lot.
so that is a definite, Santa brought me a car upgrade and that's what has been holding me back the last 2 years.
anywhere is good for me
cheers and cannot wait
jase

Back to top Go down

FORUM MEET 2015 Empty Forum meet 2015

Post by johnf Sun 04 Jan 2015, 10:45 am

Sounds good to be able to meet other forum members [ gettem pi..ed and pry out their secret patches!!]  The timing does,nt worry me...... pretty flexible on that.    Location?......being a southerner the Cue- Meeka- Sandstone area would obviously be my choice but prepared to go with the majority. Thanks to management for doing the nitty-gritty. john

johnf

Back to top Go down

Post by wandwaver Mon 05 Jan 2015, 10:42 am

Will keep monitoring this topic and let you know if we can attend.
We have a 20' caravan and would need suitable access. Happy to park up in the bush and take to the tracks in the 4WD. Will we need to get access permissions, 40E etc?

wandwaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Flouro Wed 07 Jan 2015, 9:38 am

Hi All,

Would be good to get into spinifex country as we havn't done that on our list as yet, would be good to meet all and try our luck

Looking into getting another quad bike at the moment but I'm wondering if a postie would be the go in that sort of country, I've seen Tributer on his postie with his big nuggy, maybe that's the go

Anyways will keep in touch,
Ron, Sherri and Yoda

Flouro

Back to top Go down

Post by matelot Wed 07 Jan 2015, 12:32 pm

I hope to get to WA again this year but there is some doubt. So will leave it up to others to call it.

Regards Roger pirat

matelot

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum