Detecting West Australian Gold
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2015 Forum Muster

+21
Ttrash
Nightjar
AUseeker
shorty
Stingray
Golditch
travelergold
old dragon
Jack-Tar
gold n beer
Charlie 59
Bignuggs
NuggieDreamer
martinjsto
CrazyPete
Peaky
purple-dragon
Moneybox
Flying kiwi
ronybaby49
cruiser1
25 posters

Page 2 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

2015 Forum Muster - Page 2 Empty 2015 Forum Muster

Post by martinjsto Mon 04 May 2015, 5:20 pm

First topic message reminder :

hi all, we have been getting a few enquiries for the 2015 muster, thinking of sandstone this year and due to the poor attendance to Niagara muster 2014 we will be keeping it simple with no fees and consequently no BBQ or prizes awarded. just a get together of as many of us that are keen. post any suggestions on dates ETC and we can start the process of getting leaseholders info for 40E's and/or permissions as required.
cheers
martin

martinjsto
Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

2015 Forum Muster - Page 2 Empty Re: 2015 Forum Muster

Post by martinjsto Thu 18 Jun 2015, 9:49 am

Very Happy

PM me for the forms
cheers

Last edited by martinjsto on Sat 27 Jun 2015, 11:07 pm; edited 2 times in total

martinjsto
Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Bignuggs Thu 18 Jun 2015, 10:12 am

Top stuff Martin and a big thankyou for doing the leg work.  It gives a lot of ground to walk on not including the current pending bits in between.

2015 Forum Muster - Page 2 Muster10

Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by CrazyPete Thu 18 Jun 2015, 10:50 am

I agree Cliff, what a bloody bang up job Martin.
Quinnies hss gotta be one of the all time favourites to have a swing on, and just keeps on giving after 40 yrs of bein detected, have struck many multi nugget holes in that place, best was 5 in one ten inch hole.
Fair bit of caprock in the scraped places so a mashy and gad is almost a must inya kit.

Pete

Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by martinjsto Thu 18 Jun 2015, 10:53 am

yep covers most of the best bits Cliff, also note the camping ground is on the pending. good overlay there mate, makes it easy to see the ground. cheers for that. i reckon some of the more unexplored ground is the area S/W as it is believed the gold ran out down that way so not much exploration from the 80's went on there. should be some big bits still left. Very Happy

martinjsto
Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

2015 Forum Muster - Page 2 Empty Reply with quote Re: MUSTER 2015

Post by Charlie 59 Thu 18 Jun 2015, 11:41 am

Hi Martin ,
           Thanks for organising the camp & posting lease numbers & permittion forms .
Hopefully I can make it & finally meet some of the members . Great work .

Cheers Charlie

Charlie 59

Back to top Go down

Post by martinjsto Thu 18 Jun 2015, 11:50 am

please everyone only contact Antony and submit the forms if you are definitely coming, nothing worse than a load of applicants to sort through and then have non attendance. im sure he will appreciate it. there is no rush as he approves the forms in a day or so from receiving them.
cheers

martinjsto
Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by gold n beer Thu 18 Jun 2015, 2:46 pm

totally agree, fantastic work Martin.
i'm hoping to attend but work won't allow me to confirm until a week or 2 out from the dates.
when the time gets near i'll confirm.
thanks Martin

jase
gold n beer
gold n beer

Back to top Go down

Post by old dragon Wed 24 Jun 2015, 3:33 pm

Hi Martin,
I'm having  difficulties getting a response from Antony Shepherd I emailed him on the 18th June and I spoken to his secretary twice, I called today and got a answering machine. Has any one been able to get a permission form as yet. We are leaving for WA next week and running out time.
Cheers Max

old dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Bignuggs Wed 24 Jun 2015, 6:07 pm

old dragon wrote:Hi Martin,
I'm having  difficulties getting a response from Antony Shepherd I emailed him on the 18th June and I spoken to his secretary twice, I called today and got a answering machine. Has any one been able to get a permission form as yet. We are leaving for WA next week and running out time.
Cheers Max

I've had the same problem sort of, he won't answer emails but maybe I'll have to go to their office. Sometimes people get moved around and maybe he isn't there anymore. I don't know.
Possibly next Monday, hopefully, I will be able to get to their office. I'll let's ya's know what happens.
Until then, don't panic as it's still a while off. We will meet up somewhere.
cheers
Cliff

Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by old dragon Wed 24 Jun 2015, 6:36 pm

Hi Cliff,
Ok mate, on Monday when I rang his secretary said Antony was in but was busy,  she asked for my contact details and would give him the message and would get him to call me. He's probable a very busy man and I don't want to make a nuisance of myself by continually calling him.
Cheers Max

old dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by martinjsto Thu 25 Jun 2015, 10:26 am

I know he is doing financials ATM and probably not getting around to prospectors. theres plenty of time people so be patient and maybe after financial year he will address all the enquiries. i dont see any issues getting permission and he seemed a good fella,

There is a lot of good looking free and pending ground out that way and chances are you could get on to a new patch if your willing to explore ground others ignore. the 7.19g quartz specie i got was on a spot that had every stone raked into piles and was being left for dead by everyone as it was seen to be too close to a main track and has been raked/detected clean of any gold, i only just got my SDC fired up and virtually heard then spied the specie as it was sitting on the surface. I just couldnt believ my eyes when i gently moved it with my foot and as it turned over i could see the lumps of gold poking through the quartz. how in the F**YT&&^ did it get missed? its rich ground out that way and nobody gets it all.

martinjsto
Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BIG GEM Tue 30 Jun 2015, 8:46 pm

Hi Martin and all involved in the muster, we hope to catch up,with you all, only item stopping us is the arrival of our second grandchild early to middle of July in Perth. Nevertheless, we will endeavour to keep in touch and if no answer for the Geo at Silver Lakes, we will source areas around as per Martin's advice. Hope to catch up at Muster. Cheers Bob & Joan

BIG GEM

Back to top Go down

Post by old dragon Wed 01 Jul 2015, 5:46 am

Hi Guys,
Antony from Silverlake resources emailed my permission agreement forms on Monday 29th. Very Happy  I have filled them in, and returned them. Now waiting for the approval to be sent back. You should hear from him soon. Very Happy
Cheers Max

old dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Bignuggs Wed 01 Jul 2015, 5:00 pm

I took my forms to their office in South Perth today. It's locked up like fort knox and you have to wait sometime for someone to answer the door.
Might be quicker to scan the completed forms and email them back.

Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BIG GEM Wed 01 Jul 2015, 6:18 pm

Hi Guys, we sent email this morning to Antony, SLR, and he was kind enough to send us the forms this afternoon. Will fill in tomorrow and send back. We are looking forward to catching up with everybody. Many thanks to Martin and anybody else's for your guidance and organising the Muster. Cheers Bob & Joan

BIG GEM

Back to top Go down

Post by Moneybox Wed 01 Jul 2015, 8:29 pm

Well we've been a little undecided on whether we had a chance to get to this year's event on not.
Now it looks like we're good to go. Our bus is still sitting in Queensland with the ATX and GMT inside. I called my brother yesterday and asked him to pack the ATX and post it. I went to Perth last night and bought another old bus for parts to revive our old camper.
We won't be in a 4WD but we'll be there.  Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Bignuggs Sat 04 Jul 2015, 3:02 pm

Has anyone used the Taincrow Road lately and what condition is it in.
Cheers
Cliff

Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jack-Tar Sun 05 Jul 2015, 9:10 pm

I drove across it a couple of weeks ago. The last 15 km at the Cogla Rd end was the worst. Slow right down for that end. For most of the road across it was pretty good but it did rain for a few days just prior to us leaving the area so it may be a little worse.
If you were planning to use that road to get to Quinns then you would be better off continuing north on the great northern and then cutting across the pollele Rd. It is about 30 kms shorter and a lot quicker on the bitumen.

Craig

Jack-Tar

Back to top Go down

Post by martinjsto Sun 05 Jul 2015, 9:33 pm

thats the one i sent you the G/E pic Cliff, pollele rd.
craig, do you know if the road go north east and follow the airstrip or S/E and dodge around the homestead?
cheers

martinjsto
Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jack-Tar Sun 05 Jul 2015, 11:04 pm

Hi Martin,
The Nallan station on the Taincrow Cogla road is a couple of kms in from the great northern hwy and you virtually drive through it (it is on your left).
I drove down this road a couple of times trying to get to Quinns using Geomaps but some of the tracks no longer exist. I ended up heading up the great northern hwy and cutting across the pollele Rd. This route took 1 hr 45 from Cue to Quinns. I still wanted to know if I could get through on the Taincrow Cogla road so when I left Quinns I came back to cue that way. And yes you can but it took nearly 3 hrs. Hope this helps.

Jack-Tar

Back to top Go down

Post by Bignuggs Mon 06 Jul 2015, 9:57 am

Thanks for the info.  From the Taincrow road, there appears to be a good track/road from the dogleg and it comes out at Yarrabubba on the Meeka/Sandstone road.
It's the track circled in blue.  It's about 35/40 k's from the meeka/sandstone road.  I was thinking of trying it.

2015 Forum Muster - Page 2 Shortc10

Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jack-Tar Mon 06 Jul 2015, 11:04 am

I couldn't find it Cliff. And I had a good look. The first day I attempted to get through there to Quinns from Cue I gave up after more than 2 hours and I returned to Cue. There is a bit of a track at that junction but I thought it went up to the back of Reedy's.

Jack-Tar

Back to top Go down

Post by Bignuggs Mon 06 Jul 2015, 11:38 am

You have to zoom right down to the top of the dogleg to see the turn off and follow it to what I think should be Yarrabubba.  zooming in it looks to be a good track.

2015 Forum Muster - Page 2 Dl110
2015 Forum Muster - Page 2 Dl210

Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jack-Tar Mon 06 Jul 2015, 6:12 pm

When I tried to go and visit a mate of mine that was the way I planned on getting to Quinns, but the track turns off as you show and goes two ways, the way I started to follow quickly disappeared, the other direction I believe goes to the back of reedys. As I said earlier it was a lot slower than going up the hwy at 110 kmh at cutting across the Pollele. But if you do get through I would be interested.

Jack-Tar

Back to top Go down

Post by Bignuggs Mon 06 Jul 2015, 6:30 pm

It appears it follows maybe fences and there are other tracks out there, but if you use the track making tool on google earth and follow it, it can cut some K's off.
not sure how a bus or caravan will go using that track/road.
Too many tracks/roads out there, maybe just take the easy road.
Cheers

Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next