Detecting West Australian Gold
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Comfort out bush

+4
big chop
shorty
golden
Bignuggs
8 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Comfort out bush Empty Comfort out bush

Post by Guest Wed 09 Nov 2011, 9:43 pm

Very Happy

There are many ways to get a good nights sleep while out the bush hunting for that lovely yellow stuff,
while some like to stay in a caravan in a van pk, some also like to park the van out bush, the next step down
i supose is using a tent or swag, personally i like to use a swag myself, although that might not be everyones cup of tea
it suits me and my prospecting style.

I usually Hit my designated area in daylight hours hopefully, and before i set up any sort of camp i throw on the gear
and try to get the 1st nugget of the trip hopefully, its then that i know i have a good starting point for the next days
detecting, so only then do i look for the best firewood close to that nugget spot and out comes the camp gear.

When that area stops giving up gold, then i roll up the swag,pack the rest of my gear up and the whole process starts
again, this seems to work very well for me and i can detect right from my camp, i also like to do some night time
detecting so i usually save the ground closest to camp for that..

This method uses up minimum fuel too..

Whats your method of accomodation while out bush ??? Very Happy Very Happy

Pete Cool

Last edited by beepinpete on Wed 23 Nov 2011, 11:39 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Comfort out bush Empty Re: Comfort out bush

Post by Bignuggs Wed 09 Nov 2011, 9:56 pm

I'm getting old so I use an air mattress for the old bones. got sick of the dome tent, to many bloody poles so got an EPE instant tent. it's magic, take it outa the bag an let it go, up in 30 seconds and folds up even quicker.
if I can find the site I'll post the url link, it has a video of the tent in action, just had to get one when I saw it.

Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by golden Wed 23 Nov 2011, 8:53 pm

I am not camping person but when in bush no other options.So i used one like this and that was my first ever sleep in the bush.I quite like it as its lifted from the ground.Sleeping bag in it and its quite comfortable.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 23 Nov 2011, 9:07 pm

I like to be camped where I am detecting, because I sleep in the vehicle then camp can be easily moved.

Golden your new bed looks pretty good, does it take much room when packed up? what is the weight of it?

I think it is important to be off the ground if you have no protection at all from the elements, survival 101.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 23 Nov 2011, 11:47 pm

Enio

Cheers for that link the cot looks good mate, and at $149.00 a bargain too.

Im off to rays outdoors tomorrow to see if my bulbus body will hopefully fit into one.. Very Happy

Pete Cool

Back to top Go down

Post by shorty Thu 24 Nov 2011, 3:32 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
This our mode of accomodation, Very Happy gets a bit tight sometimes so have to pick our spots well and hope it does't get too wet as i would hate to get it bogged. Sad
Chris
shorty
shorty

Back to top Go down

Post by Bignuggs Thu 24 Nov 2011, 6:07 pm

Ya doin it tough with that shorty, I think ya need at least a bus to cart ya gear around. Razz

Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 24 Nov 2011, 6:49 pm

Gee shorty, ya had to catch the bus mate, Shocked what if ya had to go early scratch and they didn't come back through again for another 2 days?? Razz

Nice accomodation for sure and your right.....ya wouldn't want to get that bogged.
Would be a nervous trip into some spots.

Now thats a home away from home. Nice

Back to top Go down

Post by big chop Thu 24 Nov 2011, 6:50 pm

shorty did you have that parked in pinjarra lately in that free grass area?

KALGOORLIE:hannan,flanagan,0'shea COOLGARDIE: Bayley, Ford SOUTHERN CROSS:Riseley, Toomey LEONORA: sullivan,booden MOUNT MAGNET: woodley,sampey CUE:Cue,fitzgerald,HeffernanMEEKATHARRA:Connolly SANDSTONE:Hack,Dent HALLS CREEK: Hall, Slattery
big chop
big chop

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 24 Nov 2011, 7:06 pm

OMG! affraid Shocked

Free grass at Pinjarra ?? drunken drunken

lol! lol!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 24 Nov 2011, 7:33 pm

Imagine he said Nimbin lol!

Back to top Go down

Post by shorty Thu 24 Nov 2011, 8:31 pm

big chop wrote:shorty did you have that parked in pinjarra lately in that free grass area?
No Lochie but it has been parked behind our house in Dwellingup for about the last 12 months.
Regards Chris
shorty
shorty

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 26 Nov 2011, 4:08 pm

Hi Chaps,
As Golden says, the camp cot is the way to go. My brother and I used to swag it out bush , but have now opted for a bit more comfort in our later years. Easy to put up, and folds down to about 800x800x150mm. Got the bit of foam out of my old swag and with my sleeping bag and pillow its like sleeping at the Hylton. Snug as a bug in winter and with all 4 sides rolled up its cool as in the summer. Keeps you away from all the nasties on the ground as well. See picture attached. Youv'e gotta love being out there Very Happy TutC

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Back to top Go down

Post by golden Tue 29 Nov 2011, 4:55 pm

thanks tutC for posting info and picture about cot.Looks great.
they dont call them cot for nothing -you sleep as a baby :)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 29 Nov 2011, 8:08 pm

I gotta check these cots out, they look good. what is the bed base made from ? is it like the old Perelli elastic webbing and do you need to put a thin backpackers mat on it.
Are they water proof ? I don't like the idea of a swag unless it's a totally enclosed one. yeah I know, I should toughen up princess as they say.

cheers
Tonto

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 29 Nov 2011, 8:34 pm

Tonto

I'm off to rays outdoors in the mornin mate ill let ya know the goss on em.. Wink

Pete Cool

P.S hows the redheaded pokohuntas treatin ya mate Razz Razz

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 30 Nov 2011, 8:19 pm

Hey Pete,

I traded the redhead in, it was like playin with fire. got a brunette now and it looks a bit calmer Razz

Back to top Go down

Post by Dez Sun 18 Dec 2011, 2:57 pm

I have had a tent cot and wouldn't recommend them for serious camping at all, the fabric stretches where you lie and then you end up with with a really uncomfortable sleep, I tried to put a hiking self inflating mattress in to cushion it but it was useless, great idea if they refined it or if you are a once a weekend a year camper!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 19 Dec 2011, 6:35 am

Dez wrote:I have had a tent cot and wouldn't recommend them for serious camping at all, the fabric stretches where you lie and then you end up with with a really uncomfortable sleep, I tried to put a hiking self inflating mattress in to cushion it but it was useless, great idea if they refined it or if you are a once a weekend a year camper!
Much the same here, having own one i didint like them at all, difficult to get into and out( mainly winter with the extra blankets )etc. No were to store ya shoes or clothes they condensate some thing cronic and do take a bit of room up when folded up.
Id prefer a small 3 man dome tent to one of those anyday.
Regards
John

Back to top Go down

Post by Dez Mon 19 Dec 2011, 7:52 am

I forgot about the condensation... Crazy amount!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by madmax800 Mon 02 Jan 2012, 1:26 pm

I have tried and got the lot but now believe this is the answer, bed , quad, water and a heap of room that can take a beating .

madmax800

or when the boss wants to join me then its

Attachments
Comfort out bush Attachment
P1010303.JPG You don't have permission to download attachments.(162 Kb) Downloaded 14 times
Comfort out bush Attachment
P1010305.JPG You don't have permission to download attachments.(173 Kb) Downloaded 4 times
madmax800
madmax800

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 02 Jan 2012, 2:24 pm

Good to see the set up that you have been telling me about Madmax800, very comfy!!

I can tell you that the moisture level in the jock strap has been extremely high the last few days Laughing but a great time had.

Cheers

Back to top Go down

Post by Bignuggs Mon 02 Jan 2012, 5:30 pm

I like the set up on the back of the ute but knowing me I'd forget where I was and fall out instead of using the ladder Razz

Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by madmax800 Mon 02 Jan 2012, 6:04 pm

That not on the UTE, Thats on the top of the trailer. No good on the Ute, cause when I wanted to drive somewhere I would have to pack up the roof top tent. When its on the trailer I leave it set up at camp and drive around on the quad or car

Cheers
John
madmax800
madmax800

Back to top Go down

Post by Bignuggs Mon 02 Jan 2012, 6:11 pm

well bugger me, it looked like the back of a try top ute. and I see ya point. so how far would I fall if I fell out Razz

Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next