Detecting West Australian Gold
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

what I take bush prospecting

5 posters

Go down

what I take bush prospecting Empty what I take bush prospecting

Post by Guest Tue 26 Jun 2012, 7:07 pm

Thought I would compile a list of stuff that I take bush and this will give a lot of new commers something to launch off--just an idea..

Vehicle--toyota l/c well body ute..150ltr of diesel--the rego says it all..
side awning 2m x 2.5m
4 spare tyres--7.50x16 --14ply tyres & 40psi front and rear
Spotties on a steel bull bar--8' flag which attaches to the top of my roof.-16' off ground
Uhf 40ch radio--when travelling I listen to the dribble on ch40--when bush change or scan.
1and1/2 ton trolley jack and brace
Basic food include 2 min noodles as a safe guard--dunny paper
clothes to suit.
paper plates ontop of steel plate--saves cleaning--utensils, waffle iron, toaster
Fold out bed and chairs to sit on
Swag with a bloody good sleepin bag and pillow--this combination always stays folded together..with a pair of thongs plus a small vinyl tarp to cover my swag with ropes.
BBQ hot plate and fire place made out of half a 60 litre drum...priceless--as back up small gas bottle and BBQ
dunny seat on a frame and plastic biodegradable bags--kmart special.--priceless
Narva work lamp--blue in color--8 hours of light--led and bright.--12v & 240v rechargeable
2 kva geny-leads and power box.
deep cycle battery in the tray separate from the 2 batteries under bonnet but hooked up to a smart charger.
solar panel on roof and a portable 80w panel.
minelab 4500 detector and 4 coils with stems--2 batteries and spares--external speaker and h/phones
pick + 2 rear earth magnets-head lamp--hat---etc
H/D Water proof tarp--in case it rains.

99% of u havent got a quad but on most trips I take my quad 4x4 witha big ass tool box on the rear, plus I take an extra 80 litres of diesel and 40 litres of unleaded fuel and ali ramps plus 2 spare tyres-twin axles--after the last trip, I had a hard time keepin the jerry cans vertical--made up 2 racks to take 4 jerry cans of fuel and 4 jerry cans of water--the front of the trailer holds another 2 jerry cans in holders on the draw bar. The 2 racks are bolted inside the trailer and when not in use I unbolt them and I have a full trailer to use.

just some ideas someone might pick up on..good luck..

I have tried to put photos on here but I am bloody photo illiterate--oneday

comments and ideas and photos welcome..

regards
oneday69

Last edited by oneday69 on Thu 28 Jun 2012, 7:56 am; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

what I take bush prospecting Empty Re: what I take bush prospecting

Post by Guest Wed 27 Jun 2012, 1:17 am

gpost

Maybe stick it in the forum meet section also

Robert

Back to top Go down

Post by Goldbait Wed 27 Jun 2012, 3:00 pm

no detector?
Goldbait
Goldbait

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 27 Jun 2012, 3:28 pm

I knew I should have itemised the list

regards
oneday69

Back to top Go down

Post by Peaky Wed 27 Jun 2012, 3:34 pm

solar panel on roof and a portable 80w panel.
minelab 4500 detector and 4 coils with stems--2 batteries and spares--external speaker and h/phones
pick + 2 rear earth magnets-head lamp--hat---etc

He has the 4500 listed

Wish I had all that gear and the time to use it

Stuck with Pete and Sam doing weekend overnight runs untill work slow's down

Peaky

Back to top Go down

what I take bush prospecting Empty what i take bush prospecting

Post by Guest Wed 27 Jun 2012, 3:40 pm

ute load off beer and a ounce off weed oh a few boxes off panadol couple cartons off duzza's andshit loads off bacon

Back to top Go down

Post by Burns Mob Wed 27 Jun 2012, 5:21 pm

Peaky wrote:solar panel on roof and a portable 80w panel.

Hope you have them running through the same regulator if connected to the same battery bank.

Burns Mob

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 27 Jun 2012, 5:32 pm

Hi Burns mob
I have 2 batteries under bonnet which get charged from 1 panel and the 3rd independent 450 ah deep cycle battery is fed from the panel on the roof. Being independent it cannot feed back to the car batteries yet the alternator is rigged up to charge back once the 2 car batteries are fully charged. Smart charger--Great for night driving..
I will be changing one of the batteries under the bonnet coz they are both cranking batteries--I want to have 1 cca battery and a deep cycle battery. Lookin at a gel matted battery.
I'm no auto sparky but that is what I was advised to do.

Regards
oneday69

Back to top Go down

Post by Burns Mob Wed 27 Jun 2012, 6:16 pm

All good oneday as your batteries are isolated by the smart charger. I see plenty of people come to me saying their solar is not working and it is because they have bought a second kit and attached it to the same battery bank.

For those who do not know, solar regulators are smart chargers that read the battery voltage and then choose an appropriate charging mode to suit. So if the battery is depleted they pump in more current during a boost type mode and if the battery is full they drop into float mode where a small amount of amps are provided to the battery to top it off. If you connect two regulators to the same battery they will conflict by reading the others charging voltage rather than the battery voltage and drop into float mode.

Likewise this is why you can not use solar to charge a battery that is connected to a alternator that is operational.

Burns Mob

Back to top Go down

Post by albo Wed 27 Jun 2012, 6:59 pm

The old skool hot water bottle is a favourite of mine if you cant find a fat chick for winter... albo.
albo
albo

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 27 Jun 2012, 7:43 pm

Gotta watch out ya dont scold the old fella when ya mount that bottle Albo :rolf: kwdf

Pete

Back to top Go down

what I take bush prospecting Empty what I take bush prospecting

Post by albo Wed 27 Jun 2012, 8:01 pm

Arrrrrrrr my little luvley worwer bottle lets move camp & make passion love..... drunken pirat

Last edited by albo on Wed 27 Jun 2012, 8:32 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : shit post, even this one is shityer!)
albo
albo

Back to top Go down

Post by Panther Wed 27 Jun 2012, 8:34 pm

oneday69. Very naughty if you are using a 40w UHF radio. Maybe you meant 40ch?? lol
ps. my Icom is only 25w......

Back to top Go down

Post by Panther Wed 27 Jun 2012, 8:42 pm

oneday69 wrote:Hi Burns mob
I have 2 batteries under bonnet which get charged from 1 panel and the 3rd independent 450 ah deep cycle battery is fed from the panel on the roof. Being independent it cannot feed back to the car batteries yet the alternator is rigged up to charge back once the 2 car batteries are fully charged. Smart charger--Great for night driving..
I will be changing one of the batteries under the bonnet coz they are both cranking batteries--I want to have 1 cca battery and a deep cycle battery. Lookin at a gel matted battery.
I'm no auto sparky but that is what I was advised to do.

Regards
oneday69

I put a gel matted battery in my tractor 8 years ago and it is still going strong. Cost a few hundred at the time but I wouldn't hesitate to get another one.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down