Detecting West Australian Gold
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My Bush Rig

+2
the speciman
Flying kiwi
6 posters

Go down

My Bush Rig Empty My Bush Rig

Post by Flying kiwi Wed 07 Dec 2011, 8:30 pm

hey guys

Thought I would put up some pics of my bush rig,
shes a 80 series landcruiser when i got it had had some work done
its got a 6.5 chev diesel under the bonnet just sounds oh so good Very Happy and had draw setup in the back and long range tanks holding about 230l,

to set it up for camping ive added duel batterys and carry a 3rd just incase, rooftop tent, 50l fridge + the usual camping stuff, 2 spare wheels, compressor and plug kit, recovery gear spare parts and tools, uhf a long range cellphone areial.

still to do is a solar setup and some poly-airs in the back as the old girl gets a bit of a saggy butt when shes fully loaded and fueled up
can camp in the bush off the grid for a week or more and aint too pretty so dont hold back when punching a track to the G spot
looking foward to some more trips to the gold feilds this winter. :bounce: :bounce:

cheers Tom Cool

[img][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][/img][img][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][/img][img][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][/img]
Flying kiwi
Flying kiwi

Back to top Go down

My Bush Rig Empty Re: My Bush Rig

Post by the speciman Thu 08 Dec 2011, 3:56 pm

ye ye thats the s#it bro great looking set up. dont forget large water stoage/containers theres no taps out there bro. isee your still pilaging the salt flats
good scratchin
cheers the speciman

the speciman

Back to top Go down

Post by Makaw Thu 08 Dec 2011, 5:19 pm

8.5 out of 10 , as theres no DWAG sticker on the back...
Nice unit, i have been thinking of selling my trusty prado, and getting a fuel guzzling cruiser so i have more room.
Makaw
Makaw

Back to top Go down

Post by Flying kiwi Thu 08 Dec 2011, 7:54 pm

after a few lessons on how to make your own road from the specimen in his 80 i just had to get one Very Happy

would have been rude not to call in for a couple of lazy nuggs on the way past the salt flats eh, was lucky nearly parked on one just there, but dident Wink

yep if you like buying fuel a cruiser is definately the way to go, think i get about 6km/l What a Face and thats down hill with a tail wind
Flying kiwi
Flying kiwi

Back to top Go down

Post by Someday Sat 10 Dec 2011, 8:06 am

Nice looking set up Tom. Just watch out for that first step when you wake up in the middle of the night busting for a pee drunken Sleep
Don't wana pee nomore Sleep
Someday
Someday

Back to top Go down

Post by Makaw Wed 18 Jan 2012, 4:16 pm

Just got a 97 troopy turbo diesel, and pretty happy with the consumption.. Or the guage is broken....
Makaw
Makaw

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 19 Jan 2012, 4:40 am

Can't beat the old troopy Maka. My Son's got one and it's as tough as teak. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
I use to have a 60 series with all the "fruit", ARB diff locks, 12000lb warn winch, turbo etc.etc.etc.
Fkn thing would climb Mt. Everest!!! Pretty thirsty though the old 2H motor even when I had it rebuilt.
I do miss it. The missus wouldn't drive it 'cause it's not an auto and it's WAYYYYY too big. 😢 😢 😢

Robert

Back to top Go down

Post by Makaw Thu 19 Jan 2012, 5:20 pm

Yeah i have only had it a short time. It drives like my work truck, but atleast i know i can bulldoze thru the thick scrub and roos that attack the bullbar on dawn and dusk.
Fits heaps more than my Prado, and i dint have to worry about the scratches and dents.
Makaw
Makaw

Back to top Go down

Post by pilbaragold Sat 25 Feb 2012, 6:32 pm

My usual camp. 2 mattress swag very comfy and easy to move.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
pilbaragold
pilbaragold

Back to top Go down

My Bush Rig Empty oh wat a feeling

Post by gut feeling Mon 14 May 2012, 6:56 pm

Not bad mate ,not bad at all ,Not as good as the unbreakable and unsinkable hilux ,but not bad mate not bad!
gut feeling
gut feeling

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum