Detecting West Australian Gold
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Missing prospectors

+35
red devil
73Steve
Pebbles
Jack-Tar
AussieAU
rarebreed
Lucky Eddie
Ttrash
Bignuggs
craigant
toad
Since1981
Shaz
Tkinggold
Chrispet
gold n beer
S & J v
ChrisVanstrike
kaethe
Hopperite
BIG GEM
Mingo
CrazyPete
Flying kiwi
picknshovel
Evan2010
Inhere
Flouro
madmav
wizman
Nightjar
cruiser1
martinjsto
aussie18
offthegrid
39 posters

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Missing prospectors - Page 4 Empty Missing prospectors

Post by offthegrid Wed 01 Apr 2015, 6:31 pm

First topic message reminder :

Two prospectors missing on channel 9 news
No more imfo.
offthegrid
offthegrid

Back to top Go down

Missing prospectors - Page 4 Empty Re: Missing prospectors

Post by Viper Mon 06 Jul 2015, 12:11 pm

The search is on again

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2015-07-06/jennie-kehlet-missing-prospectors-fresh-search-near-sandstone/6597692

The cops obviously have no clue

Better article & map of the area here

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/national/major-crime-squad-update-on-raymond-and-jennie-kehlet-sandstone-mystery/story-fnii5thm-1227430197287
Viper
Viper

Back to top Go down

Post by Bignuggs Mon 06 Jul 2015, 5:40 pm

I'm not sure if they will ever find Jenny. It's a sad ending but they never found the other man out Menzies way either.
Hopefully one day they will be found and put to rest.

Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 16 Jul 2015, 5:28 am

Bignuggs wrote:I'm not sure if they will ever find Jenny.  It's a sad ending but they never found the other man out Menzies way either.
Hopefully one day they will be found and put to rest.

While I was away the missus said that they were starting another 7 day search in a new area, never heard any more about it, just wondered if they were going on new information or just trying searching another possible direction she may have gone in if she was lost, seems to me that as time is of the essence in these situations that parties should have been sent in all directions at the same time to cover all the bases.

Also read that remains that were found in a sleeping bag off the side of the road 30klms or so east of Kal were recently identified a belonging to a Dutch bloke that has been missing for 9 years, said he was diabetic and had heart problems so may have died from natural causes, so no foul play was suspected, you would have to wonder what someone with medical issues, particularly a heart condition would be doing wandering the country on foot?

Last season we ran in to the family of the bloke that went missing between Meekatharra and the coast, he was driving a van and towing a trailer I believe, he went in to the Meeka cop shop for directions to the coast I think he wanted to go through to Carnarvon to meet up with a mate, apparently he never showed up and they searched for some time but didn't find a trace, also the family were up there looking as well, as far as I have heard he has never been found, anybody else heard anything?

au-fever

Back to top Go down

Post by Viper Mon 20 Jul 2015, 4:51 pm

Talk about clutching at straws...

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2015-07-20/missing-prospectors-kehlet-search-pet-dog-clue/6633140
Viper
Viper

Back to top Go down

Post by Bignuggs Tue 21 Jul 2015, 5:21 pm

It's a mystery and a sad story. But, I have been wondering why the dog looked "stuffed" when it was found in Sandstone.

Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by toad Tue 21 Jul 2015, 7:50 pm

Seems to me that WAPOL stuffed this investigation up from day 1, lost a lot of possible evidence and now are trying to redeem themselves. Just saying.
toad
toad

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 22 Jul 2015, 2:17 am

Bignuggs wrote:It's a mystery and a sad story.  But, I have been wondering why the dog looked "stuffed" when it was found in Sandstone.

First I heard that the dog was found wandering around the caravan park, then a short time back a bloke that was in the area said that a road crew found the dog wandering along the Payne's Find - Sandstone road heading towards Payne's Find, picked it up and brought it into Sandstone.

Too little information from the cops and too many conflicting stories to even get half an idea of what really went on?

au-fever

Back to top Go down

Post by Bignuggs Wed 22 Jul 2015, 6:50 pm

Anyway you look at it, it just doesn't look right. Someone knows something and they aren't telling.
Apart from that, make sure of your own safety.

Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ttrash Thu 30 Jul 2015, 10:50 am

Channel 7 Sunday Night program
Having a full story on this
Ttrash
Ttrash

Back to top Go down

Post by Nightjar Mon 03 Aug 2015, 7:31 am

Many unanswered questions;

https://au.news.yahoo.com/sunday-night/features/a/29162059/wa-missing-prospectors-friend-speaks-out/

Missing prospectors - Page 4 Signature2

"Aging seems to be the only available way to live a long life."
Nightjar
Nightjar

Back to top Go down

Post by Viper Mon 03 Aug 2015, 2:00 pm

This is what the bloke that camped with them said...

"Graham was the last person to be with the couple at their camp and told Sunday Night when he returned after a solo walk on March 22 and packed up.
"I was out for all day and most of the night. And got back to camp early hours"

When he arrived back in the early hours of March 22, He saw the dog Ella and thought Ray and Jennie were asleep in their tent, then left at around 3am without saying good bye to return to Perth."

Does anyone else find this statement odd    

When you are prospecting together in the scrub you you have set rules & times on your where abouts If I'm not back by such & such, I'll be down around so & so....

Who would be wandering around in the dark without a reason (unless he night raided a patch, even then if you knew you were going home you'd be packed & ready that day)

If it was going to be wet... You'd tell em..

Just saying...... it doesn't add up..
Viper
Viper

Back to top Go down

Post by gold n beer Mon 03 Aug 2015, 2:49 pm

yep very odd
who packs up and leaves at 3am without saying goodbye to the couple your out bush with [unless they are arguing] you would jump in the swag for a couple hours to get some shut eye before the 7 hour trip home.
i also see that apparently gunshots were heard in the area, by who?? Graham didn't mention that did he? and if so he should have woken them and said something in stead off doing a runner.
gunshots could also just have been roo shooters, on which if pastoralist had been notified pro roo shooters would have been aware prospectors are in the area and to stay clear.
so many unanswered questions, so much speculation but apparently no foul play
yeah right!!

we all have our theory's i know i have mine but this is a public forum so i'll shut me trap
gold n beer
gold n beer

Back to top Go down

Post by Shaz Mon 03 Aug 2015, 5:55 pm

If this man is innocent, then he can thank Sunday night for people thinking otherwise. Their questioning was very poor. I also think the pepper spray found is very disturbing, more so than the guns.

Shaz

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 04 Aug 2015, 4:28 am

I dont know about you guys but theres no way on earth that I would be able to detect all day and then through the night until 2am the next morning, that is the most unbelievable statement that I have heard, as unless you were lost yourself then there no way you would be wandering about for that amount of time, cant see that it would be physically possible.

No matter what the hour you would tell the people you were with that you were back as they would be thinking you were lost as well, and further to that tell them that you were packing up and heading home, not just take off, the whole story in my mind is unplausible but until evidence is found or the truth told we will never know.

I pity the family having had no closure on the matter.

au-fever

Back to top Go down

Post by Viper Sat 15 Aug 2015, 3:15 pm

Seems 5 cops are back in Sandstone on Monday 17th August

Apparently the camp site is now an official crime scene.

And the suspect... well no guesses there..
Viper
Viper

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 18 Aug 2015, 4:18 am

Viper wrote:Seems 5 cops are back in Sandstone on Monday 17th August

Apparently the camp site is now an official crime scene.

And the suspect... well no guesses there..

Wow what a surprise?, didn't take them long to work that one out did it? scratch , talk about "closing the gate after the horse has bolted" any evidence that might have been in the camp has been obliterated by now with all the activity, really in light of the suspicious circumstances and the death of Ray the place should have been a crime scene right from the start, not a couple of months in. Suspect

au-fever

Back to top Go down

Post by offthegrid Tue 08 Sep 2015, 9:00 pm

A SEARCH is underway for three people in missing in remote WA, near the location prospectors Raymond and Jennie Kehlet went missing from in March.

A Boddington couple and their son have been missing for almost three days, after leaving Windsor Station five days ago.

The station is about 500km north of Perth, between Mount Magnet and Sandstone, where the Kehlets went missing earlier this year.

This place starting to sound like Bermuda Triangle/wolf creek.
I'm sure this lot will turn up safe.
offthegrid
offthegrid

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by Nightjar Wed 09 Sep 2015, 1:11 pm

Speculation is over, all three safe & well.
http://www.abc.net.au/news/2015-09-09/police-search-for-missing-family-in-sandstone/6760782

Missing prospectors - Page 4 Signature2

"Aging seems to be the only available way to live a long life."
Nightjar
Nightjar

Back to top Go down

Post by Bignuggs Wed 09 Sep 2015, 5:21 pm

We are human beings with the brain capacity to decided our own fate, so they say.
When you consider the money we spend on our 4x4's, camping gear and detecting gear, then the cost of a PLB is nothing, less than $300
How many people have actually told the local police where they are going and when they will be back ? I won't guess.
How many times have you all gone out without telling your family where you are ?
As for carrying firearms, my answer is "NO" but, thats just my opinion and I don't see the law ever changing. It's hard enuff just getting and holding a firearms license.

Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 16 Sep 2015, 5:04 am

Has there been any more developments?, last I heard they were going back again to the scene and had a suspect?, never heard another thing about it?

au-fever

Back to top Go down

Post by Viper Tue 22 Sep 2015, 1:22 pm

7 D's in Sandstone through the week.... taking finger prints & DNA from the locals.... & get this all at the caravan park.... must think everyone stays there full time Missing prospectors - Page 4 490525052
Viper
Viper

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next