Detecting West Australian Gold
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Missing prospectors

+35
red devil
73Steve
Pebbles
Jack-Tar
AussieAU
rarebreed
Lucky Eddie
Ttrash
Bignuggs
craigant
toad
Since1981
Shaz
Tkinggold
Chrispet
gold n beer
S & J v
ChrisVanstrike
kaethe
Hopperite
BIG GEM
Mingo
CrazyPete
Flying kiwi
picknshovel
Evan2010
Inhere
Flouro
madmav
wizman
Nightjar
cruiser1
martinjsto
aussie18
offthegrid
39 posters

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Missing prospectors - Page 3 Empty Missing prospectors

Post by offthegrid Wed 01 Apr 2015, 6:31 pm

First topic message reminder :

Two prospectors missing on channel 9 news
No more imfo.
offthegrid
offthegrid

Back to top Go down

Missing prospectors - Page 3 Empty Re: Missing prospectors

Post by Nightjar Sat 18 Apr 2015, 5:41 pm

http://www.theguardian.com/australia-news/2015/apr/17/remains-found-in-western-australian-outback-confirmed-as-missing-prospector

Missing prospectors - Page 3 Signature2

"Aging seems to be the only available way to live a long life."
Nightjar
Nightjar

Back to top Go down

Post by Bignuggs Sun 19 Apr 2015, 3:58 pm

Poor bugger. We might find out one day what happened and now the question is, where is the wife ?
I've seen some questions about how could it only be skeletal remains. There are a lot of factors involved and I won't repeat them here.
You can find a lot on the internet that will answer those questions.
It's not looking good anyway you look at it.
If ya going out, go in a group or at least 2 of ya's and keep ya eyes open.
I suppose now we have to be careful of meeting strangers out in the scrub.

Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tkinggold Sun 19 Apr 2015, 6:13 pm

I wouldn't be scared about going out bush , I highly doubt this was random. I've been told that her X husband was in the area and may have something to do with it.
Either way, there are thousands of people out in the bush here and 99% of them have no worries.

Tkinggold

Back to top Go down

Post by Bignuggs Sun 19 Apr 2015, 6:42 pm

Tkinggold wrote:I wouldn't be scared about going out bush , I highly doubt this was random.  I've been told that her X husband was in the area and may have something to do with it.
Either way, there are thousands of people out in the bush here and 99% of them have no worries.

I won't totally disagree with you but there are some arseholes out there walking on this planet.
Fortunately most of the people I've met when I've had the chance to get out have been down to earth and bloody excellent people.
It's just the odd one here or there ya gotta watch out for.
Sometime next month I'll have a campfire going in BFN and all are welcome. Just bring a carton with ya  lol!
Better make that a block   Missing prospectors - Page 3 1632602647  kwdf

Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tkinggold Mon 20 Apr 2015, 5:47 pm

Got told today from a very reliable source that the body down the shaft was burnt , that's why they thought it was older and had trouble identifying it .

Tkinggold

Back to top Go down

Post by offthegrid Tue 21 Apr 2015, 6:31 am

Tkinggold wrote:Got told today from a very reliable source that the body down the shaft was burnt , that's why they thought it was older and had trouble identifying it .

Very nasty,the plot thickens
offthegrid
offthegrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 23 Apr 2015, 4:02 am

Tkinggold wrote:Got told today from a very reliable source that the body down the shaft was burnt , that's why they thought it was older and had trouble identifying it .

I was told the same thing a couple of days ago as well and don't know if it is true or not but that would explain why the body had decayed so badly in such a short time, that certainly rules out accidental death then, and the next question is where is his wife?

In this day and age anything is possible, who knows what really happened but it does not add up at the moment scratch , no doubt the police would know more than we have been told to date, and releasing of information might hamper the investigation if they have some idea of who was involved.

As these towns have many blow ins through them they should be checking caravan park records and questioning residents as to who they have seen in town and when, as its all very much looking a bit like a murder and abduction.

au-fever

Back to top Go down

Post by Shaz Mon 27 Apr 2015, 11:11 pm

Interview on channel nine tonight says no evidence of criminal act. They wouldn't say how Raymond died or give any information so the whole thing was a waste of time. Even the interview with the kids didn't tell us anything new, except one daughter said she went to the site and didn't believe her mum would of got lost there. I think that when out prospecting we have a responsibility to post on these forums if we encounter threats etc as I have read a few posts on forums since this happened of people being threatened by people with guns in that area. We can and should warn each other and maybe even save a life. What do you all think?

Shaz

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 28 Apr 2015, 1:57 am

Shaz wrote:Interview on channel nine tonight says no evidence of criminal act. They wouldn't say how Raymond died or give any information so the whole thing was a waste of time. Even the interview with the kids didn't tell us anything new, except one daughter said she went to the site and didn't believe her mum would of got lost there. I think that when out prospecting we have a responsibility to post on these forums if we encounter threats etc as I have read a few posts on forums since this happened of people being threatened by people with guns in that area. We can and should warn each other and maybe even save a life. What do you all think?

I watched the interview as well and there was definitely something missing, and could not help get the feeling that we are only getting part of the story, it may be revealed at a later date that the scenario may have been as simple as Raymond accidently falling down the shaft and his wife trying to go for help and getting lost in the process, it may also be that she was lost and he was searching for her and fell into the shaft when looking in it.

I suppose we will never know, but they should be putting resources into looking more widely for her as locating her or her remains and that will at least give the family some closure and may be put an end the speculation as to what went on.

But if they have a suspicion that foul play was involved then they have a "duty of care" to the public to say so, as others lives could be at risk, but as many of these outback towns rely on tourist and people like us to inject money into the local economy they don't want to be scaring people from visiting them by making off hand statements.

There have been many incidents that I have heard of over the years of threats to prospectors by lease holders and others in many areas, some incidents involving firearms, physical and verbal abuse, friends and I were threatened and intimidated and openly warned to leave a place or else, even though we had all the necessary paperwork to allow us to be there, you have to remember that you are in their world and they know the place better than you, and you don't know who else they are involved with, so for any reason if you are threatened or being intimidated, just leave and take note of anything you can so that you can give the information to the police, and make sure to warn people about the threat in the area.

Here's hoping that the family get some answers soon

au-fever

Back to top Go down

Post by Shaz Tue 28 Apr 2015, 8:18 am

Do you think we should have a thread for this so people can check before they go out. It seems all the threats that I have read have come from this very area , I don't think just going to the police is enough. As the children said until they find the wife, they won't know how the husband died.

Shaz

Back to top Go down

Post by CrazyPete Sat 02 May 2015, 6:53 pm

Perth Now on Google Play Newsstand: Outback vanishing act doesn’t make sense. http://google.com/newsstand/s/CBIw7YC11SE

Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 03 May 2015, 3:44 pm

There's an article in todays a Sunday Times on page 18, it seems some people surprisingly enough are questioning the official reports made to date by the police that foul play is not suspected, many people believe that there is more to it than what they are currently saying, time will tell.

au-fever

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 14 May 2015, 3:15 am

I read on another forum that a second body had been found further down in the same mine, cant confirm if its true or not, someone from the eastern states said they heard it, and another person here in the west said they heard the same thing.

au-fever

Back to top Go down

Post by martinjsto Thu 14 May 2015, 5:54 pm

no official report as yet so i will wait until one is issued and not listen to speculation or 2nd hand reports. time will tell

martinjsto
Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by cruiser1 Thu 14 May 2015, 7:57 pm

Heard earlier tonight on news that police have packed up again with no word of finding the wife.

Cheers

Phil
cruiser1
cruiser1

Back to top Go down

Post by Since1981 Fri 29 May 2015, 10:02 pm

So strange and sad. Does anyone know if it is bit quieter around Sandstone this year because of the uncertainty? A few I've spoken to are a bit hesitant ...
Since1981
Since1981

Back to top Go down

Post by Viper Tue 02 Jun 2015, 10:38 am

Was talking to Karla at the old Murchison Club Hotel in CUE the other day. She said that her tenency rate is quite high for this time of year & that it was attributable to the goings on this year in Sandstone.

I guess out of everything bad comes a little good.

Had Apla here from Mandurah last couple of weeks, they pulled the wagons in a circle Laughing Wink
Viper
Viper

Back to top Go down

Post by Since1981 Wed 03 Jun 2015, 8:18 am

Ha ha. Yes, it's an area I go regularly. Doesn't faze me much but certainly makes my wife a bit edgy. Such a pity. Hasn't been any further news at all which leaves it all up in the air a bit. Feel for the family in all this.
Since1981
Since1981

Back to top Go down

Post by craigant Thu 04 Jun 2015, 3:12 am

any reason why there is no news about the cause of death yet? I thought it would have been news worthy considering the media interest when they first went missing. I cant work out why there is no news

craigant

Back to top Go down

Post by CrazyPete Thu 04 Jun 2015, 7:15 am

Could be that the cops are close to nabbing someone and are playing their cards close to their chest for fear of spooking the culprit ?
It is weird all info is being kept quiet, hmmm.

Pete

Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by toad Thu 04 Jun 2015, 8:44 am

One of these around the camp somewhere would be a good idea.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Ltl-Acorn-12MP-Camera-Scouting-Trail-Hunting-FREE-8GB-SD-Farm-Security-IR-940NM-/251251789112?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_15&hash=item3a7fc60d38
toad
toad

Back to top Go down

Post by kaethe Thu 11 Jun 2015, 2:24 am

No news so far:
Missing Prospectors

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 14 Jun 2015, 2:50 pm

I have been out bush, but while away the missus told me that the mate that was out there with them at Sandstone and left apparently before they disappeared was interviewed on some tv show, did anybody else see the interview?

au-fever

Back to top Go down

Post by Bignuggs Sun 14 Jun 2015, 3:15 pm

This maybe the interview but the man isn't speaking. takes a few secs for the vid clip to load.

http://www.perthnow.com.au/news/western-australia/kehlet-mystery-raymond-jennie-kehlet-went-prospecting-in-outback-wa-with-colleague/story-fnhocxo3-1227390502369

Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by craigant Mon 15 Jun 2015, 12:04 am

that news article they would not say if he was a suspect in the case, what case? the police have not even said if its a murder case or not. they would know the cause of death by now. I cant work out why they wont let the public know if its a murder case or not

craigant

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next