Detecting West Australian Gold
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

No Mining

3 posters

Go down

No Mining Empty No Mining

Post by Bignuggs Tue 24 Mar 2015, 4:12 pm

They say no mining but when it comes to mining and income and state revenue, I wonder how long this will last. but I'm a cynical old sod and I've got no faith in WA state governments anymore.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2015-03-24/australias-biggest-national-park-to-be-created-in-wa/6344732?section=wa

Bignuggs
Bignuggs
Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

No Mining Empty Re: No Mining

Post by kaethe Tue 24 Mar 2015, 5:57 pm

Well, I hope it will last and the major advantage of Mitchellplateau is the remote location together with more than 10m Tide hubs.
That makes the revenue shrinking very fast esp if you aren't digging gold or purple diamonds
kaethe
kaethe

Back to top Go down

Post by Stingray Tue 24 Mar 2015, 8:59 pm

I understand your cynicism Cliff, it is well deserved.

Nonetheless this is a good and sensible decision for a change and I have hope that they go through with the legislation. I think RIO are pretty shrewd, they know they would be pushing the proverbial up hill to get any social acceptance for a bauxite mine up there and a Gov't of any colour would be struggling to sell the idea as well.

I hope they include Cape Bougainville. If anyone doesn't know where it is - check out on Google Earth LatLong 14S 126.1E. It is flat-topped lateritic with monsoonal vine thickets on the eslopes. The coastline is surrounded by a fringing coral reef. Believe it or not the coastline of that 'palm tree' shaped Cape is over 260 km long - longer than Ningaloo Reef. A lot of the bays have pearl farms in them.

If you're interested look 15km west on GE - that L shaped thing is Long Reef - an intertidal coral reef. It is like one huge living organism about 25 km long and 7 km wide that rises out of the water with waterfalls coming off the sides as the tide drops, like the more well known Montgomery reef. The imagery of the Reef you see when using 'Locate' is really really good. If you're a fisherman it'll make you drool. Amazing country.

Regards
Stingray

Stingray

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down