Detecting West Australian Gold
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

underground mining

5 posters

Go down

underground mining Empty underground mining

Post by leinsterlad Tue 04 Dec 2012, 4:45 pm

hi guys/girls just a for my own curiosity ,is there any prospecters here that work in an underground mine ,if so what do you do ?how long have you done it? myself i have been doing it for ten years here in leinster now, iam a production long hole driller got a couple of mates that also work here and do some prospecting to ,love it its a nice piecefull place underground, wouldnt think so but it is ,its simmilar to prospecting in some ways as far as being away from the rat race,but the bush has its better points as far as sceenery and openness.if i could be lucky enough to make the same money prospecting i would prefer that but i guess thats we are all hoping for :)
leinsterlad
leinsterlad

Back to top Go down

underground mining Empty Re: underground mining

Post by gim Tue 04 Dec 2012, 5:11 pm

worked 40 years u/ground, 27 mines, worked at redeamer, crusader, percy, the old emu mine worunga i think it is called now. gim
gim
gim

Back to top Go down

Post by koeh Tue 04 Dec 2012, 5:30 pm

I thought I saw the light, but it was some prick with a cap lamp bringing me some more work.

I did work at MRM absolutely loved working underground, 1 on 1 off what better roster could you ask for.

koeh

Back to top Go down

Post by albo Tue 04 Dec 2012, 6:19 pm

Hi Leinsterlad , yes been in & out of it for 25 years , first the old hill50 on the shaft before the decline , plutonic pump fitter, & golden grove u/g fitter. Not hanging shite ,but no wonder you reckon its relaxing .......long hole drillers are usually left alone to drill the stopes..... woke one up once i have , drill running , no feed , snoring away .....ar that old chestnut. tagging off now albo.
albo
albo

Back to top Go down

Post by NuggieDreamer Mon 17 Dec 2012, 4:43 pm

Did my time at Telfer construction electrician.
Underground Refrigerated Ventilation
HV Vent Risers
Winder
HV Yards Underground
Underground DeWatering and Cone Crusher Construction projects over 3 yrs.
HOT year round! 2n1

...spent too much time staring at the backs and walls with a hangover so I went offshore to sober up, month on/off.
NuggieDreamer
NuggieDreamer

Back to top Go down

underground mining Empty underground mining

Post by albo Wed 19 Dec 2012, 9:08 pm

Howdy nuggie dreamer ,im there at the moment off n on surface work mechanical , really warming up now , but i find it a great minesite peoplewise so the heat doesnt bother this cranky old prospector too much . Hows the wild dingos up there , never seen so many , walk in to the wet mess & the half grown pups which were bred in october are starting to get some size on em & have fights to sort out the pecking order with each other , good to watch having a beer & its law not to feed them unfortunately [ more rules ] as they are wild, can understand otherwise you would have the countries dingos lining up for a feed & making pests of themselves ...... sound familiar mango bat ?... cheers MATE Albo.
albo
albo

Back to top Go down

Post by NuggieDreamer Thu 20 Dec 2012, 7:32 pm

Hey Albo

Great to hear alls fine still up there, sort of miss the bathtub temperature pool and the indoor cricketmatches outdoors, the warm quiet nights and the steamy summer rain storms...
and the fact that it's probably the most fly blown place on the planet just after sunrise and just before sunset he he...
Used to have a family of camels hanging around when I was there bear the fridge plant. Sound like the greenies still have a voice more than ever.
It's sometimes goes over the top when going to Barrow Is they check the botton of your shoes for disease carrying Mud? and we have to count how many Whales and Turtles we see to look like we give a sh$t about where we drill for oil & gas.
ND
NuggieDreamer
NuggieDreamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum