Detecting West Australian Gold
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Goin bust--

+5
matelot
aussie18
martinjsto
mark409
pip 01
9 posters

Go down

Goin bust-- Empty Goin bust--

Post by Guest Thu 13 Feb 2014, 5:30 pm

had 2 company's go bust on us this week -- need that sort of carryon like a hole in the head--

u deal with companies in good faith but someone forgot to tell the boss of that company..

regards
oneday

Back to top Go down

Goin bust-- Empty Re: Goin bust--

Post by pip 01 Thu 13 Feb 2014, 5:49 pm

sorry to hear that ray
leonie
pip 01
pip 01

Back to top Go down

Post by mark409 Thu 13 Feb 2014, 6:59 pm

It sucks eh.. Hard work. My oldies use to try and allow 15% bad debts a yr ..Can,t put that on top of your price.
Mark 409
mark409
mark409

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 13 Feb 2014, 7:10 pm

I would rather go bush -- no shite out there--just my own boss and no paper work or taxes to worry about.. lol!

its always a pleasure to work the country when u find some color --come back to camp--light a fire and have a drink or two. If I get real keen maybe have a big cook up.

cant wait till the weather clears up and me chillies start fruiting.

regards
oneday 

Back to top Go down

Post by pip 01 Thu 13 Feb 2014, 7:18 pm

and off you go
 l;wfh
pip 01
pip 01

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 13 Feb 2014, 7:30 pm

just gotta sell the business and yep I'm off again just like the Leyland brothers..
Any suggestions?

regards
oneday

Back to top Go down

Post by pip 01 Thu 13 Feb 2014, 7:58 pm

what ever happens
just injoy yourself
pip 01
pip 01

Back to top Go down

Post by martinjsto Thu 13 Feb 2014, 9:46 pm

I had a small business years ago employing 5 trades men but got killed by taxes and bad dept I wouldn't bother anymore. just go out and enjoy the easy way. dont need much when your not trying to live the suburbia lifestyle but its not for everyone.

martinjsto
Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by pip 01 Fri 14 Feb 2014, 12:16 pm

it is for me give me the bush
anyday, you are so right
dont think big think small
and you will allway win
 Razz   Goin bust-- 1802170214   lwkgh
pip 01
pip 01

Back to top Go down

Goin bust-- Empty Re: goin bust

Post by aussie18 Fri 14 Feb 2014, 2:28 pm

yep I'm half way thru paying off  debts my business occurred , some were my fault, others I was not aware off.
got caught out a bit had a 50/50 thing going on with a mate, had a few blokes working for us, but when audited it all comeback on me becoz all the $ went thru my business name only. So I earned the same as me mate but copped all the fines and debt.
so in a catch 22 thing now, bust me gut and earn decent bucks to pay off debt and live and support family, but in doing that puts me in highest tax rate  so guess who wins again.
oh well only bout 75k to go , have it done in 17 months. I'm just lucky my trade is in demand ATM, if work was quite I'd be stuffed 4 sure.
so really looking forward to having just pay the mortgage and general household bills, then I can slow down a bit and get more time out bush doing what we love to do.
jase

Back to top Go down

Post by matelot Fri 14 Feb 2014, 4:03 pm

G'day Aussie18, I admire your ethics. A lot of people (some owed me squillions) would have put their hands up and declared bankruptcy.

Well Done Aussie 18.

Matelot pirat 

matelot

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 14 Feb 2014, 4:56 pm

yep jase--never ran from a bit of hardship unlike the big end of town--how the hell can a company b $500m in debt.

i shi t meself with my bills but i think we r a dying breed coz i've always paid what i owe and never run when things get hard and duck for cover with liquidation or backrupcy..what a joke --legal theift in my opinion..

but hey thankgod i can go bush..

regards
oneday

Back to top Go down

Post by martinjsto Fri 14 Feb 2014, 5:12 pm

fully agree guys, worst thing is to be hit with a liquidation payout of 1c in the dollar from a company going broke, seen it many times happen to good mates left to pick up the pieces. I earned only 15k for a year of employing 5 people and installing 3 to 4 fully ducted A/C systems a day, then got hit with a $10k GST tax that was totally incorrect but still had to pay else spend time inside. it took me 7 years to pay out all the depts and fines and then I received more than 70% back with a small apology for accounting error. the system sux big time. always pay your dept but its better not to get into it in the first place. and well done Aussie 18 for your ethics.

martinjsto
Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Goin bust-- Empty Re: goin bust

Post by aussie18 Sat 15 Feb 2014, 8:38 am

cheers guys,
it's not easy though but yes would like to think I was brought up with good ethics.
the whole thing almost done me head in, but after having a sook and whinge to anyone who wanted to listen started thinking ya just got to do what ya have to do.
I do agree bankruptcy is a joke, I know a couple blokes who have declared it lately. and it piss's me off to see these guys buying new vehicles[ in family's members names] and taking holidays[ in aus only] and living as if nothing has happened, and I'm pulling $6k+a fortnight and struggle from payday to the next.
but in 2 years time I know who will be sitting pretty and who won't.
ah well just 1 powerball stuff hahaha, or better still a 200 oz nugget will sort it all out.
cheers
jase

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 05 Mar 2014, 9:02 am

geez another company goes BUST on us today--5th march 2014--dont just luv these germs.

Railworks civil have thrown in the towel and left me with their bill and they have stolen my gear.

Thats it --if u havent got a credit card for payment they these companies can all go elsewhere.

regards
oneday

Back to top Go down

Post by CrazyPete Wed 05 Mar 2014, 9:26 am

Meh!  Rolling Eyes  Very Happy  ive been a broke arsed prospector all me life like most that chase the weight, wouldn't swap it for quids.
Only thing i ever got from runnin a business was a friggin heart attack and 24/7 worryin about crap..

Yup!  Very Happy  gimme the good old bush  cheers away from the cares and worries of the holy $$. your spirit soars like a free Eagle and its so peaceful you can hear ya own heart beatin.
Yup! takin time to sniff the roses aint a bad lark  Razz

Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by martinjsto Wed 05 Mar 2014, 9:58 am

mate of mine in civil contracting for leightons for the Burrup has up to 50 boys working for them and has contracts that owe him 6 figures on a 90 day invoice. I wouldnt work under those conditions but he says thats what they make you do and you wont win the tender unless you are financial to carry the load. its set up to rip you off from the start and if they go bust he looses his house. what sought of arrangement is that?

martinjsto
Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by albo Wed 05 Mar 2014, 10:43 am

are sht Ray if anything comes up soon as far as new patches go, il let you know mate , stock up 500 hundred litres of fuel ,keep the dry blower , its a good backstop .
albo
albo

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 05 Mar 2014, 12:17 pm

yep there is such a thing as legalised prostitution and this is legalised theft.

as soon as i sell up then yes its the bush for me but I do like a bit of company to talk to.

Its funny --people walk into my workshop every day of the week for advice or whatever and I hardly ever get a thankyou out of them --maybe i should charge for advice ---

regards
oneday

Back to top Go down

Post by pip 01 Wed 05 Mar 2014, 12:33 pm

good company in the bush is never hard
to find ray, and there are good people
out there too, you dont need to look hard  Razz
pip 01
pip 01

Back to top Go down

Post by Bignuggs Wed 05 Mar 2014, 8:01 pm

Ray, when ya ready to pull the pin and head bush, let me know.
I've been getting a whiff of roses for a while now and it might be time to take a chance.

Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 06 Mar 2014, 3:41 am

Running your own business can be a thankless exercise that's for sure, ran my own shop for eight years, suffered through many break ins, ram raids, and shite head customers, all I got was grief no matter how hard I tried to do the right thing by people, even had a break in once and I was told by someone the asshole that owned the hire shop next door was involved but couldn't prove it so I just left it at that, I was told that he wanted me out so that he could do repairs as well. clown 

Bent over backwards to help many people including that prick and got my teeth kicked in for my trouble, anyway life goes on and you either remain the same or have to change to survive, adapt and get on with it, Karma has a way of getting back to people I believe and I have seen some of these people get back some of their own grief so I don't let it worry me too much these days, have to learn to look after yourself and your own interests or you will be forever getting screwed. Embarassed 

Don't have as much as I used to after a vicious separation and ongoing financial and family battle but I believe that I have a better quality of life now than I had for years, and much wiser for the experience, wont ever put myself back in the situation where I am answerable to anyone except myself, and a big part of life for me is getting into the bush and chasing some yellow, keeps me grounded and able to cope with any crap that goes on when home, I reckon that when your in the bush you live the way we were meant to and our days are governed by sun up and sun down, no regulated times and you do things as and when you want to, eat when you are hungry, nanna nap when you want to, drink too much port and fall asleep in the rain if you want to,  drunken and no body to tell you other wise cheers 

au-fever

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 06 Mar 2014, 3:47 am

pip 01 wrote:good company in the bush is never hard
to find ray, and there are good people
out there too, you dont need to look hard  Razz

I find the best company in people who are like minded, most prospectors are this way free spirited and living life their way, as you say there are plenty of good people about, just hard to find them sometimes, you just have to take it as it comes and learn to roll with the punches.

au-fever

Back to top Go down

Post by JD Thu 06 Mar 2014, 6:58 am

Mate I can understand why you got the rags on with this lot.

We as every one keeps telling us are living the dream "big money fast growing town great people bull shite " as ktown grows I notice more and more shitheads fast living with big city attitudes going on.

Living beyond their means I think the terminology is.

I hope you can off load the bloody thing and get back out bush because myself and the mad dog have had a gut full of this crap and are about ready to get back to bush or we will get locked up if we stay.

Not sure if I told you had the law come around on Tuesday night at 8:30pm wanting to do a random check on my gun cabinet and guns. I asked them why me "random" they said.

Happy days

JD

JD

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 06 Mar 2014, 8:13 am

i hear u people.

will have to put a couple of xtra tek screws in my cabinet..sounds like u have ruffled a few feathers JD.

Tell the idiot to keep driving to earn a dollar-- lol! 

yep --back to the credit card system..never fails me...

regards
oneday

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down