Detecting West Australian Gold
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PM coils

Go down

PM coils Empty PM coils

Post by Guest Mon 27 Jan 2014, 2:17 am

Anybody had any experience with PM coils being sold on eBay?, I recently bought the 12x4 AI (oblong) salt coil and have tried it out around the yard only at this stage, It appears quite good quality wise and it ran quietly enough on the 4500 so I cant fault it really at this stage, thought it might be good for the small pieces around the salt lake edges in a couple of places where I have picked up pieces on the dirt with the mono coil, but the closer you get to the salt lake you get those areas that appear normal but are quite salt laden and noisy so I think some of these grey areas might still hold some gold, I have a bigger 14" round salt coil which is capable but I think that it might miss the smaller bits, so this little coil might be worth a try with it being narrow it should have more sensitivity.

Also I recently bought a PM 18x6 mono (oblong) coil as well to try out for patch hunting, haven't received it as yet, some time back I bought one of the 30x6 nugget finder patch finder coils, I liked the concept but found the coil to be ungainly and awkward to use, heavy also, although I did find some nice pieces with it, but had an issue with the seams on the inside coming unglued so I sent it back, anyway this oblong 18x6 might be a bit more user friendly and while having good ground coverage it should also be reasonably sensitive as well.

As I want to carry a couple of coils on the postie bike a coil of that shape would be easy to carry, as opposed to a largish round or elliptical type coil.

au-fever

Back to top Go down

PM coils Empty Re: PM coils

Post by Guest Mon 27 Jan 2014, 7:49 am

The supplier of these coils is a character called "Pennyweight". His name is Andrew Overton.
Do a google search about him

Robert

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 27 Jan 2014, 8:10 am

obviously a dodgy deal and sucks u in coz of their low price tag and no back up--surely if u cant find a suitable commander-NF or Coiltek coil then u need help.

havent read a good report apart from the aliases out there. A lot of negative stuff which is always a bad indication to start with.

buyer beware catagory.

regards
oneday

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 27 Jan 2014, 8:57 am

oneday monday wrote:obviously a dodgy deal and sucks u in coz of their low price tag and no back up--surely if u cant find a suitable commander-NF or Coiltek coil then u need help.

havent read a good report apart from the aliases out there. A lot of negative stuff which is always a bad indication to start with.

buyer beware catagory.

regards
oneday

Ok I see only negative replies here, what I was after was opinions based on "actual use" not on rumours and just for the record if minelab, nuggetfinder or coiltek made coils in this format then obviously I would have bought them, but as you would know they don't do they?

I have probably owned and used just about every Coiltek coil made, same with nugget finder and minelab, after being in the game since the mid 80's I have had many detectors and many coils as well, but there are different tools for different jobs and that applies to search coils as well, so I am always on the look out for coils that might have an advantage over another type of coil in a given situation, don't really need help as you kindly put it. Laughing 

All I really wanted to know was has anyone used them before or uses them now and can give an informed opinion on what they thought of them.

au-fever

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 27 Jan 2014, 11:29 am

the reports i read were actual use.
do your own tests with buried targets --sure u will get the feel of the sensitivity.
and compare them with the small round coils.

regards
oneday

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 28 Jan 2014, 6:43 am

Have a read of this.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I have been using a Detech  15 x 8 now for six months and I rate it better than any coil on the market today. I have tried NF and Coiltek for many years.

Robert

PS. There is a reason why you can't find many/any reviews on PM coils

Back to top Go down

PM coils Empty PM Tarantula 18R Multifield (IDL) on GPX4500

Post by goldfinder1 Sun 31 Aug 2014, 8:01 am

Just got back from WA and bought a PM Tarantula 18R multifield coil consisting of both a 7'' inner coil and 18'' outer coil prior to heading over. At first I had some threshold warbles but changing motion to very slow produced a very stable threshold sound. Within the first 10mins of use I had a target in a well detected trashy area that sounded better than the surrounding tin cans. See the YouTube vid of the recovery. The coil did impress me with good depth, stable threshold with some tweaking and good sensitivity to small targets with targets well under a gram found which would not be the case with a 18''normal coil. It is a compromise and probably will not replace a true 18'' and 7'' for small sensitivity but I was happy with the performance especially with my first target being a little deeper at 300mm. Overall a compromise but I certainly would not of heard smaller sub gramers with only an 18''er. Happy with the product and very sturdy well made. For the bad. The coil did fail after about a week of use. Has been returned for warranty repair/replacement. If the warranty cover turns out to be all good I would still purchase again from PM.

goldfinder1

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down