Detecting West Australian Gold
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Started me trip

+15
koeh
Bonefisher
martinjsto
gut feeling
BIG GEM
Nosralt
araratgold
Bignuggs
bluedog
Biggest Kev
K town swinger
snapper
Flying kiwi
shorty
UTBN
19 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Started me trip - Page 3 Empty Started me trip

Post by UTBN Mon 18 Mar 2013, 8:45 am

First topic message reminder :

G'day all Jason here. Began my trip almost two weeks ago outta kal with a mate. Weather playing up and emi is a real bastard. This is my first trip in a while and picked up where I left off really. Gold most days. I've got up to nearly 1.5 oz so far and biggest bit touch under 13 grams. Me mate has found nothing at all yet. Pretty much have given up on telling him he won't find gold with coil being swung half ft off the deck. Using an iPhone and trying to up load photos. Will post when I work it out

UTBN

Back to top Go down

Started me trip - Page 3 Empty Re: Started me trip

Post by UTBN Tue 04 Jun 2013, 11:11 am

gday gday, managed to get on a computer in town. its been a while so thought id surface. still chasing gold and it seems to be getting a bit harder but reckon im overdue for a patch. gotta say big thanks to the management for this forum as ive met some great people from here. Martin, who came out with me was a great fella keen to learn and will always be welcome out on trips with me and look forward to the homebrew bourboun he makes again too.
rarebreed and his family who i also had the pleasure to share a trip with are top shelf people too and will def look forward to more trips bush with those guys too. geez they bring out some real good tucker. in fact i was so impressed by these guys i made a delicious dessert for em after dinner one night. (chilled tinned rice cream) dont think they liked it but ha. anyway i better get supplies and get back to camp and hopefully pick up some more gold. i got 6 or 7 small bits yesterday and reckon i will get onto a small run in that particular area. hope the rain buggers off.
ps chad if you reading this i will be in camp in a few hours and will see you whenever you get out out there. bring a chair for buzz

UTBN

Back to top Go down

Post by martinjsto Tue 04 Jun 2013, 2:50 pm

haha, glad you enjoyed the bourbon Jase lweg , i will be taking a few bottles for the muster, only for "emergencies" but lol, looking forward to catching up with you then and all the people from this forum that are going. keep them nuggets coming and I am sure a very productive patch for ya is just over that next hill.
keep well
Martin
martinjsto
martinjsto
Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Started me trip - Page 3 Empty started me trip

Post by Scrub Mullet Tue 04 Jun 2013, 7:50 pm

yes jase buzz has got his chair, I got me new boots 5 days detecting in thongs was a bit painful at times hope these boots last , will be there tomorrow.
chad.

Scrub Mullet

Back to top Go down

Post by UTBN Mon 22 Jul 2013, 7:18 pm

gday been a while so while I got some internet access thought id write something. yep im still out here and have got chad a forum member here with me. we found a small patch 3 days ago and picked up a few ozs, biggest piece was a 1 ouncer which chad got. it was a sunbaker. actually most of the bits were all on the deck. the ground it was in was flood plains which looked like the most crap ground. so goes to shows its where it is. cant upload pics but will later when able to. (keep this a secret from chad, but im finding more gold than him)

UTBN

Back to top Go down

Post by martinjsto Tue 23 Jul 2013, 8:17 am

nice Jase, kept the best spots for the chosen few eh??? lol : that will be right drag me around the bush for a week or so for scraps.... lolol only pulling your leg Jase, I will take scraps anytime haha... I am glad you have found a small payload. hopefully it gets only better from here. good to see you are still alive and out there. looking forward to September, Kal trip was cancelled as not enough leads. keep well my good mate.
martin
martinjsto
martinjsto
Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by martinjsto Thu 19 Sep 2013, 7:55 pm

here is an update from Jase, he has been having probs uploading pics so here is a few of the recent finds of his.
nice work Jase.

Started me trip - Page 3 Img_0010

Started me trip - Page 3 Img_0011

Started me trip - Page 3 Img_0012

Started me trip - Page 3 Img_0013

Martin
martinjsto
martinjsto
Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by shorty Thu 19 Sep 2013, 8:21 pm

Nice callouses Jase. Very Happy and the golds not bad either.
shorty
shorty

Back to top Go down

Post by martinjsto Fri 04 Oct 2013, 2:57 pm

a nice specie picked up by Jase in a creek bed,
Gees he has a touch. nice find jase.

Started me trip - Page 3 Img_0018
martinjsto
martinjsto
Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by martinjsto Fri 04 Oct 2013, 3:31 pm

here is another fistfull of recent finds from Jase...

Started me trip - Page 3 Img_0019

shows what hard work can achieve.
martinjsto
martinjsto
Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Bignuggs Fri 04 Oct 2013, 3:34 pm

Nice and thanks Jase. Tease me lol! 
Bignuggs
Bignuggs
Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by UTBN Fri 04 Oct 2013, 3:39 pm

Haha cliff. It's a tough job mate but someone's gotta rip this yellow stuff up

UTBN

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 04 Oct 2013, 4:55 pm

good goin Jase--so long as u have a magnifying glass u can see what we have captured in a couple of weeks ..

hope its cool were u r coz it hit 40 2 day out in the patch at regal..

regards
oneday

Back to top Go down

Post by UTBN Fri 04 Oct 2013, 5:02 pm

Mate today was a frigging scorcher. Had a couple beers only and felt like it drank a carton ha.

UTBN

Back to top Go down

Post by Bignuggs Fri 04 Oct 2013, 5:28 pm

Drink water and plenty of it. Beer will dehydrate the human body. It's the alcohol that does it.
Time for another beer lol! 
Bignuggs
Bignuggs
Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by bluedog Fri 04 Oct 2013, 5:31 pm

Come on jas give me a ring. Mate you done well f##k happy for you
Cheers col

bluedog

Back to top Go down

Post by Bignuggs Fri 04 Oct 2013, 5:49 pm

Nooooooo call me call me call me
Col, no more rum  lol!
Bignuggs
Bignuggs
Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by martinjsto Fri 04 Oct 2013, 8:59 pm

cols dosnt drink any more rum Started me trip - Page 3 452991977 , he dosnt drink any less either, Started me trip - Page 3 3179412840 save some for me Col, I got some nice new brew just filtering now ready for next trip for ya. I am going to the brew shop soon so any preference on the rum? i think its Bacardi you like isnt it....
martinjsto
martinjsto
Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by bluedog Sat 05 Oct 2013, 4:53 am

Hey Martin it's called Aussie gold rum mate
Will see you soon

Cheers col:wuovb: 

bluedog

Back to top Go down

Post by bluedog Sat 05 Oct 2013, 4:55 am

Hi cliff will give you a ring tonight mate
Cheers col

bluedog

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 06 Oct 2013, 4:49 pm

gull gull gull. hyggelig. gold, nice cheers 

Back to top Go down

Post by martinjsto Sat 23 Nov 2013, 9:29 pm

the last nugget for the season from Jase. he says he is going to stay at the beach for summer.. Started me trip - Page 3 1214499189 

Started me trip - Page 3 Img_0110

nice end to the season Jase. enjoy your break
martinjsto
martinjsto
Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by bluedog Sat 23 Nov 2013, 11:19 pm

Good on ya jase hope you get a bit on the beach mate?????
That is gold I mean l;wfh klsdlbne 
Cheers col

bluedog

Back to top Go down

Post by UTBN Mon 25 Nov 2013, 10:42 am

G'day all. Season 2013 has ended. Quite a long trip and like always a few dramas here and there. Met some quite outstanding people out bush this year and that includes a number of people off this forum.
Met some pullers too. But life would be boring without those types I spose.
Found some good gold at times had a few lulls as well, all in all reasonably happy how it went.
I managed to help a few people out with some basic advice on utilising the 5000 so hopefully those people begin to get a bit more weight out bush.
I also helped a few others find their first bits of gold which to me seeing their faces holding their first find is a pretty good feeling.
I'm not going to mention the weight I got or number of nuggets as I think that is a private thing. (I don't ask anyone that or the locations of finds) it's a bit like asking how much money do you have in your account.
After 2 years off from detecting I noticed one thing out the fields this year. And that was some areas have been totally annihilated. Which did get frustrating at times.
Geez there's a lot of detectorists out bush now.
My favourite find this year was the meteorite I pinged east of leinster (my first) but strangest find was after doing a load of washing and then wearing a washed shirt I located a nugget in the top pocket. It was mine anyway but still a good find. I also found a 1.5 grammer on the floor of my car a few days back so I should prolly go thru the vehicle.
There's too many names to say g'day too that I met but they know who they are. I've lost a lot of contact details as I got a new phone but my numbers still the same.
I'm going to have a decent rest over summer and look forward to next year and do it all over again. Cheers guys see yas next year. Jase

UTBN

Back to top Go down

Post by Flying kiwi Mon 25 Nov 2013, 11:19 am

good on ya mate
have been watching your finds pop up as the season progressed and some very nice ones at that, it is clear that the amount of success you get out there is directly related to the amount of work you put in, to be commeneded.

crank up discriminator and go back through your car you never know what you might find :afro: or pan out your floor mats Very Happy
Flying kiwi
Flying kiwi

Back to top Go down

Post by martinjsto Mon 25 Nov 2013, 12:56 pm

wouldnt mind visiting a few of your old camps Jase What a Face . i am sure you would of dropped or left some on the floor next to your chair, or around your parking spots hehe, specially after a night on blue's rum. lweg 
your car was always a good punt for gold. i am sure you have said to me sometime there is some in there you cant find, better have a real good look or sell it with a SPL on it for 5k lolol...
martinjsto
martinjsto
Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next