Detecting West Australian Gold
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Started me trip

+15
koeh
Bonefisher
martinjsto
gut feeling
BIG GEM
Nosralt
araratgold
Bignuggs
bluedog
Biggest Kev
K town swinger
snapper
Flying kiwi
shorty
UTBN
19 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Started me trip - Page 2 Empty Started me trip

Post by UTBN Mon 18 Mar 2013, 8:45 am

First topic message reminder :

G'day all Jason here. Began my trip almost two weeks ago outta kal with a mate. Weather playing up and emi is a real bastard. This is my first trip in a while and picked up where I left off really. Gold most days. I've got up to nearly 1.5 oz so far and biggest bit touch under 13 grams. Me mate has found nothing at all yet. Pretty much have given up on telling him he won't find gold with coil being swung half ft off the deck. Using an iPhone and trying to up load photos. Will post when I work it out

UTBN

Back to top Go down

Started me trip - Page 2 Empty Re: Started me trip

Post by Bignuggs Tue 02 Apr 2013, 9:49 am

A short vid clip from Jason. good stuff dude, I'm jealous Very Happy cheers

Bignuggs
Bignuggs
Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nosralt Tue 02 Apr 2013, 4:37 pm

Hell... some people just dont have any honor these days
Nosralt
Nosralt

Back to top Go down

Post by UTBN Sun 07 Apr 2013, 1:22 pm

G'day all. Popped into kal, gotta watch the west coast. Not just the skimpies ha. The patch I found put out bout 4.5 to 5 ozs. Biggest piece 15.5 grams. I've taken a heap of video clips from start to end so will at some point upload here. Never know footage of it may assist others.
Now that this area is done I'm off to a spot where I should get bits here and there.
And to rarebreed. I sent you a pm. And yes it's that person you named. Watch out for her mate.

UTBN

Back to top Go down

Post by BIG GEM Sun 07 Apr 2013, 1:39 pm

I hope the management allow you to put his code name on the forum. Cannot believe how dishonest and untrustworthy he has been given you were kind enough to invite him along. Good luck on your own and find lots of gold.
Joan & Bob (Two Gems)

BIG GEM

Back to top Go down

Post by Flying kiwi Sun 07 Apr 2013, 1:43 pm

bud some nice color there congrats.

gold brings out the true colours in a person good and bad

cheers Tom
Flying kiwi
Flying kiwi

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 07 Apr 2013, 1:46 pm

those of us that have been around for a while know how gold can bring out the worst in people..sad but true..

Saying that there are a few people out there that u might go a country mile for..

Regards
oneday

Back to top Go down

Post by UTBN Sun 07 Apr 2013, 1:55 pm

Yeah it certainly does change people. I work very hard to get the bits I find. 6 am til 5pm with the odd night detect as well.
I do that everyday.
I don't mind helping people at all with using their detectors correctly or what to look for on the ground to increase their chances but things go bad quickly when they still don't find.
They seem to expect you simply take them to your spots so they can get the gold. Stuff that.
They wanna sleep in, fine. They wanna hardly detect, fine.
They wanna take gold from me!
Don't think so

UTBN

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 07 Apr 2013, 2:27 pm

looks like your on a fast learning curve Jase..

a lot of people have been there and done that--yes including yours truly..and yeh u really loose faith in human nature--

regards
oneday

Back to top Go down

Post by Bignuggs Sun 07 Apr 2013, 2:41 pm

Used to be newbie wrote: And yes it's that person you named. Watch out for her mate.

Unfortunately this sad state of affairs has always referred to a "Him". either way it doesn't matter.

In no way will management condone "Name & Shame" but I'm sure if people need to know, you can contact Jason via PM.

However management are aware of this individual.

regards
Cliff
Bignuggs
Bignuggs
Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Started me trip - Page 2 Empty DETECTING

Post by gut feeling Tue 09 Apr 2013, 4:50 am

DOESNT IT MAKE YOU ITCH TOO GO BUSH! Very Happy
gut feeling
gut feeling

Back to top Go down

Post by martinjsto Tue 09 Apr 2013, 12:04 pm

that was some rough treatment Jason, jealousy and deception raises its nasty head when you least expect it, and to get the rest of the family on your back then stealing your tools was low. some people seem to think finding gold just a matter of hooking up with someone who can knows where to go and no doubt being on the right ground will help but you still have to find it. you have to do the work, and put in the time like everything else in this world, there are no short cuts just hard work and research and putting in the hard yards. I am glad you are back in action Jason, some nice finds there and a great start to the season.
well done
martinjsto
martinjsto
Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Bonefisher Fri 12 Apr 2013, 1:55 am

Hi Jason.

A relative newbie to all this mate, but your story about your detecting 'mate' and what happened sort of goes back to my 'Secretive' thread, certainly makes you think don't it. Evil or Very Mad

It's a shame Jason, I have made several real good mates on here and would trust them completely from what I know of them as they have been very open and kind to a complete numpty like me. cheers

Hopefully I'll meet them one day and repay their kindness. And like another poster said, there are plenty out there who are the salt of the earth and to be trusted completely.

It's such a shame you hooked up with one nasty bugger by the sounds of it.

Nice gold by the way mate, still learning this game, but it has inspired me to learn as much as I can.

Cheers Boney.
Bonefisher
Bonefisher

Back to top Go down

Post by UTBN Wed 17 Apr 2013, 12:16 pm

G'day guys thanks for messages. Moved around to a few places and only picking up the odd bit. I'm getting very little detecting in due to a girl coming up from Perth and a bizzare injury that had me in hospital for a short stay.
Whilst detecting around and through bushy trees catterpillars were dropping down over me. I kept flicking em off but missed one which was on my kneck. I felt a very itchy sensation and upon feeling my neck found a caterpilla. After throwing it off the itchiness increased very quickly and within minutes I could feel the by now severe itchy sensation spreading over my face, neck, down my arms back and chest.
Started to feel like I was burning up and began coughing non stop.
Raced to kal hospital and it seems I either have a severe reaction to that caterpillar or it that species has some type of toxins it leaves on you.
Basically I was taken down by a little catterpillars ha. I got photos of the welts that appeared a few hours later.
I hate caterpillars with a vengeance now

UTBN

Back to top Go down

Post by Bonefisher Wed 17 Apr 2013, 4:32 pm

Hi mate.

Your trip sounds like a bummer at the moment Jason, bloody caterpillas, I know a bit about the wildlife and it could have been one of several species that caused it, but on the up side most of these caterpillars only affect 'sensitive' people, flower Laughing

Normally the 'hairier' the little buggers the worse they can be, apprently something to do with the hairs having tiny barbs on that can irritate like be Jesus.

Na seriously Jason, bloody bad luck to you, and I'll keep my fingers crossed that your trip gets better and you find a bit more gold.

Cheers Boney.
Bonefisher
Bonefisher

Back to top Go down

Post by UTBN Wed 17 Apr 2013, 4:40 pm

Cheers Boney thanks for that. Nah alls good I love it out here and no trip ever goes according to plan. Hopefully this rain that's here now don't last too long. Tell ya what but this chick that's with me hates prospecting. After 45 min she said she was bored.
Better head back to camp now. Tracks are gonna be a bit shite I reckon

UTBN

Back to top Go down

Post by Bonefisher Wed 17 Apr 2013, 5:13 pm

45 minutes, Shocked Laughing

Don't make em like they used to Started me trip - Page 2 3179412840

Keep safe Jason.

Cheers Boney.

Bonefisher
Bonefisher

Back to top Go down

Post by koeh Wed 17 Apr 2013, 6:05 pm

Congrats on ya finds mate.

I would have got in contact with the law and delt him a lesson, people like that are scum of the earth, I would not piss on him if he was on fire, by the sounds of it the apple don't fall far from the tree.

koeh

Back to top Go down

Post by UTBN Fri 19 Apr 2013, 6:23 am

Cheers koeh I reckon the coppers wouldn't have been able to do much anyway. Ah it's all good now as I'm better off alone with him gone.
The girl I'm with is heading back to Perth shortly just dropping her off at airport now. She didn't like it much out bush. Got very little detecting time in. But yesterday we went out for a short time and pinged my biggest nugget of trip again. 17.5 grams. Nice looking little bit of weight.
I reckon I was lucky to get it due to faintest signal in noisy ground. Was only a foot down so I reckon it wasn't laying down flat, possibly pointing straight down. The girl i was with upon seeing it coming out suddenly wanted to go detecting more ha.
Will try to get bignuggs to upload pics if he can.
Ps
I'm meeting a forum member today to take out for a few days. I buggered up however. I thought i was to meet today but it was yesterday. Geez sorry Martin.

UTBN

Back to top Go down

Post by Bignuggs Fri 19 Apr 2013, 8:30 am

Here's the pics from Jase. Some nice luvly GOLD.

Started me trip - Page 2 Jase_110
Started me trip - Page 2 Jase210
Bignuggs
Bignuggs
Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by MarkVic Fri 19 Apr 2013, 11:05 am

Hi Jase, Great looking gold there, your right, for most of us the harder we work the luckier we get.
Reading this thread I think you could start up your own soap opera, We have wild west adventure, we have gold, we have lying cheating partners, we have more gold, we have killer caterpillars, we have trips to the hospital, we have more gold and to top it all off we have a girl. Sounds like your liven the dream. Keep it up you lucky b**tard.
Cheers Mark.
MarkVic
MarkVic

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 19 Apr 2013, 6:20 pm

have a girl--must have missed that bit-- Laughing Laughing Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

regards
oneday

Back to top Go down

Post by Bonefisher Fri 19 Apr 2013, 7:13 pm

Congratulations on your finds Jason, after recent events mate you deserve it. cheers

Cheers Boney.
Bonefisher
Bonefisher

Back to top Go down

Post by UTBN Tue 23 Apr 2013, 10:11 am

Haha markvic your not wrong in it being a soap opera. But still loving it out bush. Heading north today with Martin to new ground just trying to get permission on some leases.

UTBN

Back to top Go down

Post by Bonefisher Wed 24 Apr 2013, 6:44 pm

Hi Jason.

Just watched the vid clip mate, great stuff. Makes me want to get out there ASAP.

Cheers Boney.
Bonefisher
Bonefisher

Back to top Go down

Post by rarebreed Sat 01 Jun 2013, 10:13 pm

Hey Gang,
Caught up with Jas out bush and teamed up for a while, was pretty hard going out there, we covered a lot of ground for little gain.
Though with good company the time flew, Jason found his first meteorite, A nice 18 gram Iron and nickel Meteor by the looks.

It took him a while to dig it out as it was buried pretty deep.
we picked up a couple of 4+ grammers, Jason got a Nice specimen which was at a pretty good depth 2+ foot I'd say, which we processed Today, we extracted just over an ounce of gold.

I will post a few pics up in the coming days of the gold that we all found and also the processing of the specimen and finished product, plus some camp pics etc....
To keep you satisfied till then, here is a snap of the speci
Started me trip - Page 2 292621_10151710256712704_1922754370_n

Also caught up with a good bloke out there named Chad, I do believe he's on the forum, though I'm unsure of his username.

Cheers guys

Johno
rarebreed
rarebreed

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next