Detecting West Australian Gold
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wanna Find A Patch ???

+19
Oziegal
longfella
MarkVic
farm boy
Yibidavid
bluedog
Ttrash
albo
Digginerup
martinjsto
pilbarachad
Flying kiwi
Rege-PA
NuggieDreamer
Someday
snapper
picknshovel
groundrush
Biggest Kev
23 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Wanna Find A Patch ???  - Page 3 Empty Wanna Find A Patch ???

Post by Guest Sat 19 Jan 2013, 3:36 am

First topic message reminder :

One of the best things in WA is we have sh$t loads of dead trees lyin on the turf.
Most of us westies choose our camp pozzie this way Very Happy
Head out to your chosen spot be it a known patch/scrape or virgin area or an area that youve chosen going on the geo etc, have a swing until ya lob onto ya 1st nuggie, thats it, your onto a gold bearing spot, dont be too keen to move as your already on it and you should be thinkin bout smashin the livin crap outta that spot for at least 2-3 days....
As soon as youve got that 1st bit head back to the truck and call the mates in onya UHF, have a smoko
and take a close look at the 1st nuggie, is it sharp ? smooth ?(not always water worn in WA but gravel worn "ie"Elluvial" and take note of the land surface "ie" slope/flats etc.
Your on gold so the jobs already done, dont think "i'll camp off the gold so no bugger knows" camp right in the heart of the area so no sod moves in and camps within 2klm of yaz.
Next thing is, ? find the nearest dead tree and camp right on that bugger and light it up.
As that tree burns down just move along it each night until its burnt and if ya haven't hit a good run after 2 - 3 days move on, but dont move miles away, judge your move by the lay of the ground.
90% of the runs in WA are 5 - 10 degrees off a nth/west bearing so just get the mate to walk and detect the way as you drive the truck, chances are the old mate will lob on a extension of ya last patch.
Do This whole thing time after time and then do it again and again, it might seem endless and a waist of time but this is how new mega patches are found, sure you can hit scraped areas day after day and you might get 1 - 5 grams a week with a sniffer coil on but is that what prospecting really is ?????
No it aint and i can tell you this, the best thrill is patch finding and that aint finding a known patch but finding a true VIRGIN patch cheers thats when the goose eggs show up...

How does this method start ??
It starts firstly by selecting a known gold bearing area on Geo Maps or by doing selective research on the net via TG and WAMEX drill reports, then you study the lay of the ground "ie" slopes and ancient drifts and post volcanic water courses and dont forget the geo botany of known species that are associated with gold bearing areas in WA, not Vic or any other states, as each state as its own geobotany related AU associated species.
Now you may be thinkin "FFS pete your gettin all mental here mate" Razz and your right i am gettin all mental, but i'm gettin "GOLD MENTAL" cheers Razz
I've hardly even broken the skin on this subject let alone given 1% of whats needed to be taken on board when it comes to huntin out VIRGIN dirt in WA as many good WA blokes will know.
All you other Westies "no names mentioned" cheers but you know who i mean who are dedicated patchers
could maybe build on this topic as i'm sure you could.
I wont drop names but come on fellas kwdf

shite Shocked i nearly forgot hahahaha
HAVE FUN WHILE DOIN IT Wanna Find A Patch ???  - Page 3 3179412840

Albo and LongFella Razz How yaz goin kwdf

Pete Cool

Back to top Go down

Wanna Find A Patch ???  - Page 3 Empty Re: Wanna Find A Patch ???

Post by Guest Thu 24 Jan 2013, 1:25 pm

Crazy Pete wrote:
Rege-PA wrote: fghghg Pete are you by any chance related to Sherlock Holmes?

lol! No mate lol! John Holmes Wanna Find A Patch ???  - Page 3 2225825816 Wanna Find A Patch ???  - Page 3 3179412840

YOU WISH!!! affraid affraid affraid

Great job Pete. Whatever Cliffy's paying you ain't enough lwkgh

Robert

Back to top Go down

Post by Oziegal Sun 27 Jan 2013, 1:18 pm

Thanks for this post Pete, awesome info....!!!!

Cheers,
Oziegal.

Oziegal

Back to top Go down

Wanna Find A Patch ???  - Page 3 Empty wanna find a patch

Post by mark409 Thu 12 Dec 2013, 5:49 pm

I,m still scrolling thru the site...This is #**#brilliant.
 affraid  Very Happy    I,m still looking for that first patch !!!  Is Pete still around. As this was in Jan.

Mark 409
mark409
mark409

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 12 Dec 2013, 5:58 pm

nah mate hes not on the forum.

but he still goes prospecting from all accounts.

regards
oneday

Back to top Go down

Wanna Find A Patch ???  - Page 3 Empty Re: wanna find a patch

Post by aussie18 Sat 14 Dec 2013, 6:26 pm

mark
I have been very fortunate to learn this game from pete.
I've been lucky enough to get out detecting with him 5 times and always learning from the old bugger. my only problem is we end up that p*ssed I only remember half of what he tells me haha.
top bloke and a wealth off knowledge, a big loss to this forum and soon to WA, im certain lots off members here will agree.
cheers to the crazy one
jase
aussie18
aussie18

Back to top Go down

Wanna Find A Patch ???  - Page 3 Empty Re: wanna find a patch

Post by aussie18 Sat 14 Dec 2013, 6:33 pm

oh yeah he still swinging his baby [gpx 5000]. went just up the great northern 7 weeks ago and we picked up 22 nuggets on a very quick weekend trip on flogged out ground, the first time I've been able to match him on the gold count. but he smashed me in the drinking department LOL.
keep looking up old posts mark, there's plenty on here from pete
cheers
jase
aussie18
aussie18

Back to top Go down

Post by Bignuggs Sat 14 Dec 2013, 8:48 pm

What can I say. best of life to a man who knows how to use the 5000 and yes, he knows how to use it well.
A MAN with a lot of knowledge. I have heard some rumours and I've had a gutful of gossip.
All the best to you and your future Pete.
Bignuggs
Bignuggs
Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by albo Mon 16 Dec 2013, 1:12 pm

Ditto here jase , hope he puts his high intellect into a fruitful venture , a funny bugger also , never met him , but jeez he made me larf , albo.
albo
albo

Back to top Go down

Post by mark409 Mon 16 Dec 2013, 6:26 pm

The dudes obviously well respected...why are you,s calling the crazy one.
I,m rereading most of his stuff again..
Thanks crazy Pete
mark409
mark409

Back to top Go down

Post by albo Mon 16 Dec 2013, 6:31 pm

well mark , he him self names him as the crazy one bro , so we are right with that , albo
albo
albo

Back to top Go down

Wanna Find A Patch ???  - Page 3 Empty RE: wanna find a patch ???

Post by aussie18 Mon 16 Dec 2013, 7:40 pm

I only called him the crazy one becoz I know you cannot read general chat post's unless you are a member hahaha.
nah I'm sure it's all good mark, but just in case it's not i'll show him these post's if he drops around my place for a beer this week.

albo, I'm thinking yourself and pete are very like minded blokes, you throw up some great post's on here and I get a good laugh at times as well.
cheers for your informative post's and also the piss funny one's
jase

Last edited by aussie18 on Mon 16 Dec 2013, 7:40 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : cannot spell dam rum)
aussie18
aussie18

Back to top Go down

Post by Bignuggs Mon 16 Dec 2013, 9:01 pm

There are times you have to rebuild burnt bridges.  Sometimes you can't rebuild them completely.
The man we know as crazypete is here I believe but, maybe using a different name.
Please don't pester everyone trying to find out who it is, I'm sure he will reveal himself when he is ready and if he wants too.
For everyones info, I've had a short email chat with Pete and wished him luck with his future.  I won't reveal anymore on that, as it is private, shoot me if I do.
So sit back and watch and be patient.

THAT INCLUDES YOU ROBERT   Twisted Evil 

cheers
Cliff
Bignuggs
Bignuggs
Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rege-PA Mon 16 Dec 2013, 11:39 pm

Very Happy I`ve asked for a Crazy Pete talking doll for Xmas xm2  with all the patch co-ordinates as I sure do miss his input. :xm1: 

Rege-PA

Back to top Go down

Post by martinjsto Tue 17 Dec 2013, 7:46 am

re reading his posts he certainly knows his stuff, he is a well respected fellow with lots to give. when ever he is ready I am sure he will be welcomed back by all.
martinjsto
martinjsto
Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by albo Sat 21 Dec 2013, 9:51 pm

Thanks Jase sorry I cant post the latest gold finds etc like some  , just started a new job which il get annual leave & cant wait to do a bit of time with you buggers & yes il pension off the ol 3500 & update when that comes ... so you fellas will have to fast track me on settings etc  cheers & hope we hear from Crazy pete , The General , Stoppsy , Cat , all great fellas , takes all kinds , we all go wide here sometimes when the stubbies take over ! well I do , bugger the rest  Laughing  , lucky ol Cliff is forgiving , cheers albo.
albo
albo

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 22 Dec 2013, 4:21 am

don't know how forgiving we can be but hey do the righty by us and everything stays on an even keel.

I'm glad we are all individuals it would be too much to ask to drop all ya gold off at my place.. lol! 

and yep the bees have come out of the bush and were hanging around me workshop looking for the local pub I think.

regards
oneday

Back to top Go down

Post by albo Mon 23 Dec 2013, 10:06 pm

cheers Ray , sht load of rain out here east Pilbara last night / morning ,cooled it right down , thunder storm stuff . all good , chrissies close , have a beaudy you lot , albo .
albo
albo

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonathan Porter Sun 29 Dec 2013, 3:32 am

albo wrote:Thanks Jase sorry I cant post the latest gold finds etc like some  , just started a new job which il get annual leave & cant wait to do a bit of time with you buggers & yes il pension off the ol 3500 & update when that comes ... so you fellas will have to fast track me on settings etc  cheers & hope we hear from Crazy pete , The General , Stoppsy , Cat , all great fellas , takes all kinds , we all go wide here sometimes when the stubbies take over ! well I do , bugger the rest  Laughing  , lucky ol Cliffy is forgiving , cheers albo.

Hey Albo, you ever upgrade to the latest and greatest you look me up and I'll happily get you up to speed on all the settings and modes etc. :study:  Some of your epic missions are still talked about in Meeka, I find a faint vehicle track in the scrub around those parts and I'd bet money that I know the bugger who's taken a bush bash through the country before me. Wanna Find A Patch ???  - Page 3 3179412840 

JP

Jonathan Porter

Back to top Go down

Post by albo Mon 30 Dec 2013, 7:21 pm

ha ha Jonathon , the gold ol days in my ol trusty 2.8 litre pielux , loved that ute .
Anyhow cheers &will go adventuring again mate a bit later on .
albo
albo

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3