Detecting West Australian Gold
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Webbs Patch

4 posters

Go down

Webbs Patch Empty Webbs Patch

Post by purple-dragon Tue 02 May 2017, 9:07 am

Just spent a day at webs patch -was staying with friends in the area and I have to say I want my day back -what a useless patch of dirt- the whole area must of been scraped about a dozen times-though I did have a nasty bourbon hangover-probably forgot to plug the headphone jack in the 2300-anyway on the way out just in front of the tuckabianna turnoff a full grown male dingo walks out in front of the ute and stands there -and as I drive around it he starts trotting next to me- "WTF" I says -I reckon the roadcrew guys may have been throwing it their lunch scraps-Dragon
purple-dragon
purple-dragon

Back to top Go down

Webbs Patch Empty Re: Webbs Patch

Post by cruiser1 Tue 02 May 2017, 11:52 am

Hi Dragon.this area has been well and truely hammered over the years.Spent a few days there season before last and was battling to dig up enough for fuel money.This is becoming more the norm nowadays in the easily accessible spots.
Good to see the dingo just the same.

Cheers

Phil
cruiser1
cruiser1

Back to top Go down

Post by Bignuggs Tue 02 May 2017, 5:20 pm

So you enjoyed Webbs Patch Very Happy hammered and then hammered some more haha
You can still find small gold there if you know the trick, stick to unpushed ground and kick the lumpy rocks outa the way. it's hiding underneath, I kid you not.
One of our members can tell you the story if he reads this.
cheers
Cliff

Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 03 May 2017, 12:53 am

Webb's Patch is like Nannine, flogged to death and then some, like cruiser1 said its the norm nowadays with all the easily accessible spots being hammered year after year by visitors to Cue, the time would be better spent elsewhere.

au-fever

Back to top Go down

Post by gut feeling Thu 04 May 2017, 6:17 am

Bignuggs wrote:So you enjoyed Webbs Patch Very Happy  hammered and then hammered some more haha
You can still find small gold there if you know the trick, stick to unpushed ground and kick the lumpy rocks outa the way.  it's hiding underneath, I kid you not.
One of our members can tell you the story if he reads this.
cheers
Cliff

Yep Cliffs right .
went there 3 times while traveling through.. found some crumbs under the rocks so Decided to clear a small area and over the 3 times there scored little over a ounce . On the 3rd time took a rack and the missus to do the hard work!! works wonders Very Happy
gut feeling
gut feeling

Back to top Go down

Post by Bignuggs Thu 04 May 2017, 9:50 pm

On a trip out there with Mr GF, I only found 1 piece a 0.6g with my 7000 and I gave up. I went back to my vehicle and sat in the shade and watched him clear a small area by hand.
I think there was about 9grams picked out from under the rocks from a patch about 10 foot square but GF will correct me on that.
You can still find gold there if you work for it but it's been hammered.

Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Webbs Patch Empty Webbs

Post by gut feeling Fri 05 May 2017, 5:49 am

Webbs Patch 14495311
Webbs Patch 14563311
gut feeling
gut feeling

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content