Detecting West Australian Gold
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Messengers patch

3 posters

Go down

Messengers patch Empty Messengers patch

Post by martinjsto Sat 14 Jul 2018, 11:18 am

Hi all.
Im researching messengers patch area and the fields find area atn
When i was traveling home from last trip i took the track 5km north of paynes find through to yalgoo road and passed fields find.
Very nice ground and a few E's to get 40e on.
Just wondering if anyone has been out there and how they went.
I dropped into thundelarra homestead to say hi and met up with the owners and the local ranger as its now gazetted at Karara rangeland park.
Nice folks and i would definitely recommend dropping in to get updated info of events that may effect prospecting the area like doggers etc.
Paul the ranger mentioned common ground at messengers patch that people who stop by have shown him gold found there but for the life of me i cannot find any common ground out there only granted or obe pending leases.
Anyone know anything about this common ground?
Cheers

martinjsto
Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Messengers patch Empty Re: Messengers patch

Post by Bignuggs Tue 24 Jul 2018, 2:20 pm

Hi Martin
I've been to Fields Find years ago, lots of rubbish in the area but I didn't get more than a K or 2 from the centre it self.
Never been to Messengers Patch but this is all they have to say in the G&G book

Messengers patch Messen10
(post under fair use of copyright)

I should also say, a few K's east of Fields Find, you will find lots of bullets and there is a sign along the main road saying "Aerial Shooting". I assume the sign is still there.

Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by cueite Sat 04 Aug 2018, 11:31 am

s hi martin i did messingers patch in the 80s its on the left just before the breakaways black ground produced quite a bit of gold another good patch was at the end of the airport runway also on the left golf sized nuggetstheres an old grave there jane is buried there we used to clean it up nothing at paynes find its small stuff not detectable a few blokes have gone bust trying the mining co has buried the best of the patches now with the overburden hope it helps john

cueite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down