Detecting West Australian Gold
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Another thing i like to do

4 posters

Go down

Another thing i like to do Empty Another thing i like to do

Post by Guest Sun 20 Nov 2011, 12:59 pm

Hi Members

Another thing i like to do is get out and detect historic places for coins & relics,
Its just another way of spending time swinging the wand, and i love the historic
aspect of the places i swing on, be it bush for gold or old homesteads,army camps
or even woodline camps here in WA.

This arvo i'm heading out to an old 1914 army camp,this camp was the major training camp for the "10th Light Horse" before they where shipped off to Beersheba in Palestine in WW1, (The famous charge of the Light Horse).
Ive already done a recy at the site and there's no signs of it being detected before,
ive also checked with the Gov to make sure its not listed on the national heritage
trust which is very important and a respectful thing thats needed...

So i'll be armed with my trusty gpx5000 with a a 10x5DD fitted and running a medium level of discrimination but not to high as i also want to find any metal
relics.
My main target will be to find a Rising Sun Badge Hopefully.

Another thing i like to do Aif_ba10

But any coins or meddle's and horse gear would be nice too,

Here is a little info gleaned from my sources, locations inc.

"On the ????? of the ?????? Just about half-a-mile to the ?????? of the bridge which is crossed as ?????? is approached the 'first regiment of light Horse which is being sent to the war from Western Australia, is being trained. The grounds are those which have been hitherto used as a Remount Depot for the Military Forces of the State. They are very suitable for the purpose, being on comparatively hard soil and the tents being pitched on a partial elope and the parade areas being on the grassy slopes bordering the river."

Sorry about the (??????) Very Happy i cany give away all my spots Razz Razz

Will post up any finds if im lucky.

Hoo-Roo
Pete Cool

Back to top Go down

Another thing i like to do Empty Re: Another thing i like to do

Post by Flakmagnet Sun 20 Nov 2011, 2:50 pm

(drumming fingers....checking watch....waiting....)

Flakmagnet
Flakmagnet

Back to top Go down

Post by Bignuggs Sun 20 Nov 2011, 2:56 pm

If thats the "blackboy" site, ya bound to find something there. It was "the" major camping and training site for the army.
2 books ya might be interested in if you can get them are "fixed bayonets" & "for king & country".
good hunting, can't wait to see what ya find.

Cliff

Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 20 Nov 2011, 8:39 pm

Hope you had an eventfull day Pete and have something to give us a bit of a gork at.

I also run a sovgt for coins and relics, I haven't done alot with it yet but have a few spots now I have researched to get into myself.

If your into that sort of thing, have you seen the utube clips of this guy in QLD?

https://www.youtube.com/user/NQExplorers#p/u/22/kNB7crhcEdw

Cheers

Back to top Go down

Post by Panther Tue 06 Dec 2011, 7:58 pm

Crazy Pete. I live on 40 acres with a road out the front. I wandered over the road one day with my machine and found a rising sun and 2 australia shoulder badges. Darned if I know how they got there but they are in perfect order.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 06 Dec 2011, 10:08 pm

Kiddin me affraid

Well that day i went out to the old army camp i was beaten back by the amount of junk there, seems they
have dozed the spot since the camp was there, i musta pulled thousands of shards of old ali cans/steal etc,
i know there must be some wicked finds there waiting for me but i need a better relic machine like a E-TRAC
to pull the goodies outta the sh#t, which gave me targets at 5 x per swing...

Who wants to buy me a E-TRAC Razz Razz dunt be shy now Razz Razz

Crazy Pete

Back to top Go down

Post by Makaw Wed 07 Dec 2011, 3:21 pm

Pete come to north side of Brisbane.
We have mortars, exploded and unexploded, more ammo than you can poke a stick at, Old bren guns, and carriers, open trenches, and bunkers full of old bottles.
old military hospital, head quarters, rifle range, arty range,mess tents etc where Gen Patton trained the US troops
Old air fields, etc.
And if you hit the jackpot theres buried machines, guns, vehicles etc about 10 mins from where i live.
If i get really bored i have a swing up there in the old mortar holes, and fox holes, theres always something worth taking home.
Most of the time you can just pick up the sunbaker mortar shells, by kicking the leaf litter around.
I dig all target with a plastic tent peg,, I aint swinging a walco on a live mortar shell
You cant walk 1 step without a target.
I am suprised the koalas dont die from lead poisioning, there just so much up there.
Makaw
Makaw

Back to top Go down

Post by Panther Wed 07 Dec 2011, 3:57 pm

This is one of my better finds, along with other stuff. It was buried in a cache and it took a lot of digging. It was very rusty and is a bit pitted but the blade itself was excellent. It is a Russian bayonet.
Another thing i like to do Bayonet

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 07 Dec 2011, 7:40 pm

Wow

What a beauty Panther, did you find that in Europe or over here..

Crazy pete Cool

Back to top Go down

Post by Panther Wed 07 Dec 2011, 7:44 pm

Only about 200 meters from my house Pete. Yep it was a surprise. It was in a bit of old galv downpipe but it had corroded away.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 07 Dec 2011, 8:33 pm

Panther wrote:Only about 200 meters from my house Pete. Yep it was a surprise. It was in a bit of old galv downpipe but it had corroded away.

Do you think it was stored there to be in some downpipe?

What a great find!!! I have only found a cheap ring, a toy car and some coins within 50 meters of home Sad (I was going to post a photo, but couldn't find it...and not really worthy) espcially after the above posts.

Back to top Go down

Post by Panther Wed 07 Dec 2011, 8:51 pm

Yep Adrian, it was a cache but I am not saying any more about that. Another thing i like to do Howl2

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 07 Dec 2011, 11:01 pm

makaw .... sounds like my kind of place. Hmm i can feel a brissy trip coming on LOL. Would love to see some of your finds. Very Happy

Panther ... that is so totally awesome! Cool stuff!! Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down