Detecting West Australian Gold
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Doing the right thing

+7
wizman
Banjo
cruiser1
martinjsto
madmav
Mingo
carms
11 posters

Go down

Doing the right thing Empty Doing the right thing

Post by carms Sun 07 Sep 2014, 4:25 am

Well its been awhile but i need to rant. Living fulltime on the WA goldfields i have seen a bit but whats been happening lately and more often is really starting to piss me off. I dont understand fellow 'prospectors' who see you detecting in the scrub somewhere and decide to pull up 10m away throw on a chain and start gridding the area where im working isnt there enough land to detect that you dont need to jump right next to me and work my patch? There is a certain person and his wife on this forum who did this to me recently and the wife dragging her chain across my patch was infact so close to me it was creating EMI with my detector. Really are these people that greedy that they cant find there own area? Or drive an extra few hundred metres down the track so they wont interfere with others? Or is the gold fever that bad that you just dont give two stuffs about anyone else?
Instead of causing a scene with the wife i jumped in my car to head home and had a few choice words with her husband as he stared like an idiot at me. Now finally if you are one of these idiots that prospects by trying to locate where other prospectors are then be warned, i do the right thing and get permission wherever i may be, in a lot of cases i am the sole prospector with permission.... So if you decide to patch jump me then be sure to have the right authority to be on the lease otherwise your photo along with the photos of your vehicle etc will be forwarded to the DMP such as the case of the above incident..... Oh btw if you are one of these idiots i wouldn't recommend having your online nickname displayed in large lettering across the front of your 4x4 like the above moron....
Carms
carms
carms

Back to top Go down

Doing the right thing Empty Re: Doing the right thing

Post by Mingo Sun 07 Sep 2014, 6:14 am

hey carms, their out there in all walks of life pulling the same stunt, fishing being a classic where they'll sit on your lines to grab a GPS position then scoot off to the next one.
Solution; get naked and walk beside the women and do your own swinging, if that doesn't work, walk beside him sprinkling your jar of rubbish finds. Dont be afraid to name and shame, though shame may not apply to a thick skin.

Mingo

Back to top Go down

Post by madmav Sun 07 Sep 2014, 7:10 am

Carms they are everywhere, feel free to ridicule them all you like I reckon, like you We are out there full time and hate seeing ppl like this,,,, hope to catch up one day
Happy hunting
Steve, Lea and Buddy
madmav
madmav

Back to top Go down

Post by martinjsto Sun 07 Sep 2014, 8:50 am

if they are newbies the best to nicely explain all the rules and detecting etiquette to them and ask them to move on. then if they become ar&^holes set fire to their car and name and shame is the only way to go, im sure we all would like to know who to not invite out with them. ok maybe dont set fire to their car but abuse and name them for sure.

martinjsto
Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by cruiser1 Sun 07 Sep 2014, 9:17 am

Could`nt agree more carms.Our West Australian goldfields cover such a great area,there is no excuse not to be able to find your own area instead of being on top of someone else.It does appear to come down to common sense which they lack and greed which they apparently have plenty of.

Cheers

Phil
cruiser1
cruiser1

Back to top Go down

Post by Banjo Sun 07 Sep 2014, 9:56 am

Hey Carms, great post, it's the unfortunate side to gold, it can certainly bring the worst behaviour out in people, some out there think its their god given right to do whatever they want whether its from detecting where they shouldn't be to knocking down fences to get what they want.
I like your self regulation style, especially after going to all the trouble to get permissions for areas only to have people you know shouldn't be there lob up and detect on top of you, its purely and simply ignorance at its best and not acceptable.

Banjo

Back to top Go down

Post by wizman Sun 07 Sep 2014, 10:11 am

Wow, that's bad. I go out of my way to stay out of the way.

wizman

Back to top Go down

Post by Banjo Sun 07 Sep 2014, 10:28 am

I remember on my first and only trip to WA in 06', early into it and cant even remember if I had found any as yet, got the call on the radio to head over and catch up with some of the group, lovely old Joe had just dug up a nugget so as I walked up to her she said hold out you're hand, she dropped a 46 grammer into my hand :)
Wow, just feeling the weight drop into my hand I will never forget and the happiness within the group for her was special, i'm sure I wasn't the only one and I will be honest all I wanted to do was detect around that area, but you just have to walk away.
This same courtesy was extended to me later in the trip, I had found a little gold and some of the group hadn't been doing so well that day so came over to visit me BUT they asked where they could detect.

Banjo

Back to top Go down

Post by Jackthehound Sun 07 Sep 2014, 2:31 pm

Have been lucky enough for it to not have had it happen to me yet, although you hear it goes on quite a bit. They will cross the wrong person soon and all hell will break loose. I agree with name and shame them, learn some etiquette, show some courtesy to others detecting, and most of all a bit of respect for the person who has done all the homework, research, and study to find this place to go detecting in the first place. Piss off and find your own spots !!

Back to top Go down

Post by shorty Sun 07 Sep 2014, 8:54 pm

We were in a spot a couple of months ago and met up with a couple of guys with quad bikes, had a chat and told one of them which channel we were on, next day I found a nice specie late in the day and called June to pick me up with the car as it was getting late and I was quite a way from camp, next morning went back to the spot and the two quads are parked about 100 metres away, they had followed our tracks from the previous evening.
shorty
shorty

Back to top Go down

Post by madmav Sun 07 Sep 2014, 9:08 pm

Does not surprise me Chris, there is all sorts out in the world of prospecting, keen to catch up again when we are close next, off to Leo on Tuesday, then Sandstone, Meekatharra then Wiluna, if you are around these areas in the next couple of months let us know,,,,,, that goes for anyone on the forum who feels like catching up
Happy hunting
Steve, Lea and Buddy
madmav
madmav

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 08 Sep 2014, 7:42 am

geez Steve with all the driving around--I would look at getting a posty bike and weld a frame up on the van.

U would certainly cover some distance then..

don't forget the repair kit as well.

Maybe invest in a 2300 for the Mrs -- that would get her excited. And train that mutt to dig holes--I know he'll like doing that.

regards
oneday

Back to top Go down

Post by albo Fri 12 Sep 2014, 9:44 am

with ya carms , once I was completely on my own , having the usual gallon of beer with some good music each evening & woke up to some voices in the morning 20 metres from my car . heres 2 blokes gridding away digging bits on my megre run yahooing each time they found one with there cars parked a stones thro away . im not greedy but the cheek some can have . ... moral of the story , if your on gold keep the noise down it carries a long way at night , albo.
albo
albo

Back to top Go down

Post by Banjo Fri 12 Sep 2014, 10:35 am

Geez Albo that is...............well i'm lost for words, you did the right thing and camped on the gold lol

Hmmm, not sure how I would react to that these days.

I was on a lease with permission, we arrived about 1-2 weeks after a bit of a shite fight over some ground between two parties so even us getting on was shakey at that stage because the boss had just about had enough, a husband and wife that had permission had found a patch and decided to go to town for supplies only to come back and find 3-4 blokes (pro's) cleaning the patch out, they didn't have permission and basically intimidated the husband enough to leave.

Banjo

Back to top Go down

Post by martinjsto Fri 12 Sep 2014, 10:42 am

keep the fires low, I know of a lease holder out Yundermindura way that has his camp well hidden on top of the biggest hill, he sits there at night noting many fires and as he knows the tracks and ground well so it doesn't take him long to find them and kick them off if on his lease, or for someone else to know where you are. you could be easily spotted at night if you like a roaring fire.

martinjsto
Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by martinjsto Fri 12 Sep 2014, 10:43 am

i heard pressing auto tune and pointing it at them will make it so noisy it will stop them detecting, anyone know if this works?

martinjsto
Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by groundrush Fri 12 Sep 2014, 3:40 pm

Gday all
I want to know who the marauding couple are.

Couple of little anecdotes on the subject,
Put some tracks in a little while back, got a little bit of gold
camped and worked it for a while then had to meet a mate
in another area . Well when I got back for the clean up
the block is pegged.
No sour grapes really but if ya on it don’t leave it.
Yeah I know pending and all that but not worth the agro.

Talking to the lease holder of Red Flag last month and
he thinks its hilarious sitting up there on the hill at night
and counting the campfires all about his block and the perimeter.

Yep press the auto tune and point the coil at em, if that dont work
throw rocks Wink

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down