Detecting West Australian Gold
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pending on live tenaments

5 posters

Go down

Pending on live tenaments Empty Pending on live tenaments

Post by 4exes Fri 15 May 2020, 8:42 am

Hi all
Have played with tengraph web user ability still a advanced learner.
Now wanting to to the right thing out in the bush have geoMaps loaded to a old laptop.
My question to which I have searched the internet to no avail is.
Green is live Blue is pending so how can a live tenement be live and pending at the same time.Geomap shows Pending areas when live tenements unchecked but checked most pending are now located on a live tenement.The info to these same blocks confirms the pending and also the live.
What are the prospecting rights to these areas. And or how is this so.
Thanks in advance 4exes.

4exes

Back to top Go down

Pending on live tenaments Empty Re: Pending on live tenaments

Post by Flouro Fri 15 May 2020, 9:14 am

Hi xxxx,

The system is usually that you get a lease and proof it up and then convert to a Mining Lease

You know that pending is blue well you can have a granted Prospecting Lease which is green but want to convert to a Mining Lease ie I've found the holy grail then the lease you have then goes blue until the Mining Lease is granted

Just because the Mining Lease is being applied for doesnt mean that the Prospecting Lease dissapears...so its a no-go for anyone to be on that lease even though its gone blue

If you do some reading you will also notice different crosshatching of the lease in question...it should be double cross hatched

This is the way it is the last time i looked into it all

Best of luck, Ron

Last edited by Flouro on Fri 15 May 2020, 11:53 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : confused even meself)

Flouro

Back to top Go down

Post by Dozer Fri 15 May 2020, 10:40 am

Also there can be an application for a SPL (special prospecting lease) over a small area of an existing live lease. That will also show up as blue over green and will be cross hatched.
As Fluoro pointed oyt, the area is still a live lease and is a no go area without written permission from the leaseholder.
Dozer

Dozer

Back to top Go down

Post by hoolahoopa Sun 17 May 2020, 9:35 pm

So dozer and flouro. There is a lease out of kal that has just recently had a SPL put on a live P. Cool I get that then a week later the whole live P gets a pending P pegged . How does that work?

hoolahoopa

Back to top Go down

Post by Dozer Mon 18 May 2020, 11:34 am

could you post the tenement numbers and I will have a look for you. Or if you would prefer to send it as a PM it will not advertise the area.
Thanks
Dozer

Dozer

Back to top Go down

Post by Flouro Mon 18 May 2020, 4:26 pm

Hi Hoolahoopa,

The way i see it is that what would a prospecting lease look like if it was a granted lease, it would be green.....if the lease ran out and someone else took it up i imagine it would then go blue......but if the lease had some time left in it, it could be sold and would remain green with the new owner

Thats the best i can come up with, Ron

Flouro

Back to top Go down

Post by Flouro Mon 18 May 2020, 4:33 pm

Hi Dozer,

I've got one for you, granted exploration lease and i find something with a 40E and decide to put in an SPL

Can it be garanteed that it becomes mine or is there a chance that the owner of the Exploration licence will be able to find an excuse to keep me off

Am thinking of doing such but dont know the pitfalls in trying

Cheers, Ron

Flouro

Back to top Go down

Post by Dozer Mon 18 May 2020, 6:14 pm

Fluoro, you could do the SPL thingy and take your chances. Odds are in your favour but the company with the "E" will probably object and it will take time for your SPL to move through the process. Also while this is happening others will know where to look (an SPL cannot be larger than 10 hectares) and will be able to use 40 E's to rape and pillage.
The smarter way is to talk to the company with the "E" and ask for their permission to work the area. They will file a POW for you and they will also get to use your time etc. as expenses. Some companies will see the logic in this as it will keep 40E holders away from the working area as well as get expenses and most importantly geological information on the lease. Do not be specific in your discussions with them until they have agreed, in writing, to let you do your thing. Also if at first they say no, ask for their reasons and try to resolve any issues.
There are a lot of Exploration Managers with an entrenched view that prospectors are a nuisance that they should not have to put up with. Others are welcoming but one bad experience ruins it for all of us that do the right thing. You need to sell them the benefits and eliminate or minimize the downside.
If all that fails then the SPL is the way to go but as already stated it is now an X marks the spot thing and there are apparently some out there that would illegally plunder the area.
It can be disheartening to go to all the effort of doing it the legal way and find someone has been in at night and dealt to it with a bobcat or similar.

Dozer

Back to top Go down

Post by Flouro Mon 18 May 2020, 6:27 pm

Hi Dozer,

If i got everything organized before pegging an SPL on the E and then pegged it would it take long to get granted, because thats the only time they would have to rape and pillage

Thanks for the heads up as i have no idea to that process

Cheers,Ron

Flouro

Back to top Go down

Post by Dozer Mon 18 May 2020, 8:55 pm

depends on how long it is heldup with objections and native title, at least 8 months at a minimum

Dozer

Back to top Go down

Post by Flouro Tue 19 May 2020, 10:35 am

Hi Dozer,

Thats eight months of nights raiding a pending SPL, no one could sit on their pending lease minding it for that long.......surely the system is wrong

Ron

Flouro

Back to top Go down

Post by Dozer Tue 19 May 2020, 2:47 pm

Unfortunately the system is what it is and we have to work with it. As Mr Spock would say, it is illogical to go through all the waiting, native title etc. on an SPL when the underlying tenement has already passed those hurdles, but that is the inflexible bureaucratic way.
Naughty people don't care what they do as they usually get away with it so not advertising the location if possible is the best course of action.
Your best bet is to open discussions with the tenement holder and see where that takes you. With the current dramas going on you might find the company involved is open to ideas that will give them the required expenditure. If not you have only lost some time and we all have plenty of that at the minute.

Dozer

Back to top Go down

Post by Flouro Tue 19 May 2020, 7:03 pm

Cheers Dozer,

Ron

Flouro

Back to top Go down

Post by hoolahoopa Wed 20 May 2020, 4:46 am

Hi dozer fluoro. The lease apparently ran out in aug last year and has just this may been pegged both SPL and P this May. I will PM the lease tonight once back from work. Cheers

hoolahoopa

Back to top Go down

Post by Bignuggs Wed 20 May 2020, 3:54 pm

A few years back I asked the Mines dept about it.  I was looking at a Pending EL lease that had a Live EL underneath.
According to the Mines mob, it's perfectly legal so, you need to be careful about looking at what you think is pending.

Last edited by Bignuggs on Wed 20 May 2020, 3:58 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : had to fix comment about the pending)

Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down