Detecting West Australian Gold
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mining tenements:rates and rent

3 posters

Go down

Mining tenements:rates and rent Empty Mining tenements:rates and rent

Post by Pebbles Fri 10 Jan 2014, 4:58 pm

I have a 12.5 ha mining lease north east of Cue. This year I was required to pay $440 to DMP for the rent and a staggering $638 to the shire of Cue for rates. Included in the rates was an amount of $60 for the Emergency Services Levy! Surely this must be the biggest money grabbing rort of all time.

I sometimes feel like ringing up the shire and asking them to grade the goat track out to the lease and to provide me with a wheely bin, otherwise what am I paying these rates for? (But I probably won’t do that).

I wonder if the Government Senior’s Rebate applies to shire rates as it does for council rates?
Anyway, that’s my little grizzle for today. I would be interested to hear how other tenement holders feel about these charges.

Pebbles

Back to top Go down

Mining tenements:rates and rent Empty Re: Mining tenements:rates and rent

Post by Bignuggs Fri 10 Jan 2014, 7:22 pm

Council rates and Shire rates, same thing.
They rule under the Local Government Act which is a crock of shite coz there is no such thing as "Local Government".
If you are paying rates, check ya rates bill from the shire and ask them what you are paying for.
If they say rubbish bin collection, then ask for the bins, most councils charge for rubbish bin pickup.
Best of luck not paying for it tho. The fire levy was introduced by the State Government and yes it is a rort.
forgot to say, if they do offer rubbish bin collection, they will tell you to take them to nearest main road for collection even if it's 10k's away  Razz 
Bignuggs
Bignuggs
Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 10 Jan 2014, 8:53 pm

if u set up permanent residence on your lease then the shire has to grade a road into there especially if there is a road already existing--a carton of beer is handy when u see the grader driver especially cold ones on ice--just incase u need a bit extra..

the other rates well that is what cliff has said--mind u they r tax deductable if u are paying tax on your earnings.

all the best and if u need a hand call me.

regards
oneday

Back to top Go down

Mining tenements:rates and rent Empty Re:mining tenaments ans rates

Post by aussie18 Fri 10 Jan 2014, 11:53 pm

have a go at $1800 for 699 sqm in a homeswest location and there's no gold within 400 k's.
love the mundaring shire, all I get a 4 free tip passes yippy
and my emergency cut was $120 and firey's ambo's and cops are within 5k's
aussie18
aussie18

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down