Detecting West Australian Gold
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What has almost killed you in the outback??

+17
Nightjar
geof_junk
madmax800
peterau
martinjsto
Moneybox
Flouro
cruiser1
flyrock
Tony Gold
CrazyPete
Bignuggs
purple-dragon
gut feeling
Young Simmo
shane-o
21 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

What has almost killed you in the outback?? - Page 2 Empty What has almost killed you in the outback??

Post by shane-o Thu 08 Dec 2016, 11:58 am

First topic message reminder :

G'day all, I'm doing a half season next year and am wanting to hear what has almost killed you in the outback? Or any other horror stories you may have. Don't worry you won't scare me out of going on this gold hunting mission, I'm just curious to know what to be aware of. Any input will be appreciated, I will be mostly running gpx5000 with 14" elite but I'm hoping to have an 18" elite in the kit also before I go, will take the Garrett ATX also as it may perform better in some areas or when storms come in and I can use it in the rain which is a plus. So let's here those yarns fellas.
Cheers
shane-o
shane-o

Back to top Go down

What has almost killed you in the outback?? - Page 2 Empty Re: What has almost killed you in the outback??

Post by madmax800 Wed 26 Apr 2017, 3:22 pm

Drinking 23 litres of home made bourbon in 5 weeks out bush
madmax800
madmax800

Back to top Go down

What has almost killed you in the outback?? - Page 2 Empty Re: What has almost killed you in the outback??

Post by CrazyPete Wed 26 Apr 2017, 3:26 pm

madmax800 wrote:Drinking 23 litres of home made bourbon in 5 weeks out bush

Yep,  that'll do it mate affraid cheers Razz Razz

Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by CrazyPete Wed 26 Apr 2017, 3:27 pm

Second thoughts,  lift ya game John  Hahahahahahahahaha

Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by geof_junk Wed 26 Apr 2017, 8:20 pm

madmax800 wrote:Drinking 23 litres of home made bourbon in 5 weeks out bush

Try doing that in a month next time. cheers

geof_junk

Back to top Go down

Post by shane-o Wed 26 Apr 2017, 8:28 pm

I drank 3 blocks in 2 1/2 weeks, think it worked out to 33 odd litres

Back to top Go down

Post by Nightjar Thu 27 Apr 2017, 7:41 am

Back in 1990 the "Gang of four" free camped dry blowing for a month , we took a tonne of home brew with us in 2litre plastic bottles. For a night cap we had a shot of home made Schnapps.What has almost killed you in the outback?? - Page 2 452991977
Don't know how, but we managed to make a quid keeping the two dry blowers fed using banjos.

What has almost killed you in the outback?? - Page 2 Signature2

"Aging seems to be the only available way to live a long life."
Nightjar
Nightjar

Back to top Go down

Post by hippyty Tue 02 May 2017, 11:08 pm

hi all, my lil bro workin fifo on a gold mine mentioned a fellow worker been bailed up by wild dogs out bush, I didn't need to hear that story.
hippyty
hippyty

Back to top Go down

Post by Bignuggs Wed 03 May 2017, 12:18 am

What almost killed me ? whisky and someone who kept filling my glass  lol!
Sorry "J", but I had to say it hahahaha  it was a good night but next day wasn't  What has almost killed you in the outback?? - Page 2 3179412840

Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by homer08 Wed 03 May 2017, 9:37 am

Yeah Cliff I remember seeing you with your arm twisted up behind your back.
Musta been terrible.

homer08

Back to top Go down

Post by Chiv Wed 03 May 2017, 4:49 pm

Hippyty it is interesting in what you say, the only time I never took my boom sticks out the back of Weebo we where rounded up by 8 Dingo/dog cross, After putting the two kids and the misses in the car, I went for a walk Rambo style with machete, as I approached the ring leader and afew good placed rocks they moved on, but was on edge for a few days still had the feeling of been watched, Grown up on stations and never once have this happen to me. I hunted dogs and my uncle was a dogger in the 60/70 and had learn a fair bit about dog from him, when I told him about the dogs getting down wind and working the circle back to our camp, all he could say way they getting hungry, running out of small food source.
But for what all most killed me was a lip in a creak cross at high speed on a motor bike, yep lack of blood apparently will do it so the doc said

Chiv

Back to top Go down

Post by Bignuggs Wed 03 May 2017, 7:51 pm

homer08 wrote:Yeah Cliff I remember seeing you with your arm twisted up behind your back.
Musta been terrible.

It's painful having ya arm twisted behind ya back   lol!

Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by pilko Sun 07 May 2017, 10:17 pm

worst thing that can happen to you in the goldfields??......find gold.

pilko

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2