Detecting West Australian Gold
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Giant razorback caught on outback station

+4
aussie18
snapper
cruiser1
picknshovel
8 posters

Go down

Giant razorback caught on outback station Empty Giant razorback caught on outback station

Post by picknshovel Wed 04 Jun 2014, 8:37 am

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2014-06-03/sach-big-feral-pig-0306/5496794

....so are there many feral pigs in outback W.A., or is it to dry for them?

Suspect 
picknshovel
picknshovel

Back to top Go down

Giant razorback caught on outback station Empty Re: Giant razorback caught on outback station

Post by cruiser1 Wed 04 Jun 2014, 9:09 am

I think your right about the pigs,too dry for them.I have never seen any indication of them in the eastern goldfields.A kiwi mate of mine gets a lot of pigs around the Dwellingup district.You certainly would not want to come accross one as pictured.
cruiser1
cruiser1

Back to top Go down

Giant razorback caught on outback station Empty Re: Giant razorback caught on outback station

Post by Guest Wed 04 Jun 2014, 11:06 am

I think that's the monster from the film "Razorback"

Feken heck!!!

"They are Australia’s estimated 80,000 pig hunters, sworn enemies of the 24 million feral pigs that grew from small populations introduced by Europeans settlers in the 19th century."

Robert

Back to top Go down

Post by snapper Wed 04 Jun 2014, 12:07 pm

I think if I came across him my .22s would just bounce off him. affraid 
snapper
snapper

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 04 Jun 2014, 1:42 pm

Out on Degrey Station in the Pilbra we came across pigs and they didnt give a hoot about anything and if u happen to get in their way--well good luck.

Even my brothers 270 just stoped one of them at full speed.

regards
oneday

Back to top Go down

Giant razorback caught on outback station Empty Re: giant razorback caught on outback station

Post by aussie18 Wed 04 Jun 2014, 1:45 pm

nasty looking bugger that one affraid 
pork chops and bacon is all I see
aussie18
aussie18

Back to top Go down

Post by Bignuggs Wed 04 Jun 2014, 6:35 pm

cruiser1 wrote:I think your right about the pigs,too dry for them.I have never seen any indication of them in the eastern goldfields.A kiwi mate of mine gets a lot of pigs around the Dwellingup district.You certainly would not want to come accross one as pictured.

Just a little east of Pinjarra or the Prem Hotel if ya like, in the hills there are domestic pigs gone wild.
Bignuggs
Bignuggs
Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by albo Thu 05 Jun 2014, 9:49 pm

google    giant pig pibara    , I think it was nth newman way 10 yrs ago .

the rear suspension on the tojo says it all .
albo
albo

Back to top Go down

Post by boobook Fri 06 Jun 2014, 5:14 pm

Years ago in W.NSW graziers would catch the little buggers and "barrow" them.

They would grow into bloody monsters and even though they had no nuts they still got good and cranky.
The benefit was though, if feeding on milo or other grain with no other carrion around they made for great eating.

Once saw one shot which took three blokes to get it into the back of a ute.
mike
boobook
boobook

Back to top Go down

Post by bluedog Sun 08 Jun 2014, 4:40 am

You right mike the dogs got one 2 weeks ago good barrow only young went 55 kg and my mates a butcher so went to bacon and ham best you eat
Cheers bluedog

bluedog

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down