Detecting West Australian Gold
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What has almost killed you in the outback??

+17
Nightjar
geof_junk
madmax800
peterau
martinjsto
Moneybox
Flouro
cruiser1
flyrock
Tony Gold
CrazyPete
Bignuggs
purple-dragon
gut feeling
Young Simmo
shane-o
21 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

What has almost killed you in the outback?? Empty What has almost killed you in the outback??

Post by shane-o Thu 08 Dec 2016, 11:58 am

G'day all, I'm doing a half season next year and am wanting to hear what has almost killed you in the outback? Or any other horror stories you may have. Don't worry you won't scare me out of going on this gold hunting mission, I'm just curious to know what to be aware of. Any input will be appreciated, I will be mostly running gpx5000 with 14" elite but I'm hoping to have an 18" elite in the kit also before I go, will take the Garrett ATX also as it may perform better in some areas or when storms come in and I can use it in the rain which is a plus. So let's here those yarns fellas.
Cheers
shane-o
shane-o

Back to top Go down

What has almost killed you in the outback?? Empty Re: What has almost killed you in the outback??

Post by Young Simmo Thu 08 Dec 2016, 3:46 pm

Do you have any areas planned, or still making up your mind? Also it is helpful to have more fuel than beer, not life saving but.
Young Simmo
Young Simmo

Back to top Go down

What has almost killed you in the outback?? Empty Re: What has almost killed you in the outback??

Post by gut feeling Fri 09 Dec 2016, 7:13 am

: jhgigfif What almost killed me.... Cliffs Farting!
gut feeling
gut feeling

Back to top Go down

Post by purple-dragon Fri 09 Dec 2016, 8:39 am

A handheld GPS that didnt plot due to heavy cloud cover on leaving camp one morning -and me being too caught up making sure I had all my gear -and not making sure I had my coordinates-now I carry two garmins and I check them both before I head out-Dragon
purple-dragon
purple-dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Bignuggs Fri 09 Dec 2016, 9:08 am

gut feeling wrote::  jhgigfif What almost killed me.... Cliffs Farting!

What has almost killed you in the outback?? Fart10
What has almost killed you in the outback?? Funny-10
Bignuggs
Bignuggs
Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by CrazyPete Fri 09 Dec 2016, 11:39 am

Caught hep A from sucking gold nuggets, turned off all my vital organs 230klm nth of broken hill.
Nearly died in my camp.

Never suck nuggets
CrazyPete
CrazyPete
Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Young Simmo Fri 09 Dec 2016, 11:44 am

CrazyPete, If you swallowed and then passed that nugget in your hand, hep A
would have been like chicken feed.
Young Simmo
Young Simmo

Back to top Go down

Post by shane-o Fri 09 Dec 2016, 1:24 pm

Check plenty of fuel, have GPS not that I think I need it but mark the camp before I leave in case I don't get back before dark. Plenty of water, have a decent knife I carry in case of a wild donkey, dog or other vicious wildlife, need a gun so will get one when I have gold to fund it, watch out for bushrangers too I guess. Spare tires at least 3? Damm I always suck nuggets but will stop that I guess. Cheers good advice so far keep it coming. I will have a detecting partner too. Unsure on areas as yet, will leave that to me mate he will point is the right way.
shane-o
shane-o

Back to top Go down

Post by Bignuggs Fri 09 Dec 2016, 2:09 pm

Just a friendly reminder to everyone, it is a fineable offence to have firearms on a pastoral lease without permission from the pastoral lease holder.
Best of luck getting permission even if there is a wild dog problem.
Bignuggs
Bignuggs
Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by shane-o Fri 09 Dec 2016, 4:37 pm

That's terrible!!! Ever since I was a youngster and to this day I have never been in the outback without someone having a rifle. I used to spend plenty of time with my pop and my uncles in the scrub and never once have we not had a rifle. I mean what if your car breaks down majorly, how are you going to get meat?
shane-o
shane-o

Back to top Go down

Post by CrazyPete Sat 10 Dec 2016, 5:08 am

Problem is these days that too many pastoral leases are actually owned by the mining companies who mine on them, and the rest of them are being sold out to Chinese interests.

Not like years ago when a ute with a couple of lads could go down any dirt rd at night and spotlight bunnies with a 22
CrazyPete
CrazyPete
Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Bignuggs Sat 10 Dec 2016, 11:22 am

I haven't seen the wording on a 40E for some years so maybe someone can tell us if it states "No Firearms".
I do have personal agreements with a mining company where they stated no firearms to be taken onto the tenements and they didn't own the pastoral lease. so even if the pastoral lease holder has given you permission to shoot, were do ya stand in that situation.
Bignuggs
Bignuggs
Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tony Gold Sat 10 Dec 2016, 7:45 pm

I never go Bush without my trusty Bush knife and shotgun
As for what's nearly killed me....
Lighting is the one I fear most
Cheers
Tony
Tony Gold
Tony Gold

Back to top Go down

Post by flyrock Sat 10 Dec 2016, 8:58 pm

"What has almost killed you in the outback??"

GAIL

finis autem fabulae

flyrock

Back to top Go down

Post by cruiser1 Sun 11 Dec 2016, 7:27 am

Thats a bit harsh Phil.You might have to elaborate a bit more. Lol

Cheers

Phil
cruiser1
cruiser1

Back to top Go down

Post by Flouro Sun 11 Dec 2016, 8:01 am

Hi Phil,

You probably deserved it....speaking from personal experience ....

Ron

Flouro

Back to top Go down

Post by Moneybox Mon 12 Dec 2016, 2:43 pm

THE WIFE

At the 2014 muster we received a vibrating gold cleaner. By the shape I guess it was made to clean false teeth Laughing

Anyway it was sitting on the shower floor, wedged in the corner by the dunny, half filled with small gold nuggets in Alibright. I reached in and picked it up but in my haste I failed to get a firm grip of both sections. As I felt the internal container start to slip I grabbed with the other hand sending it flying.

We had gold and Alibright up the face of the fridge, through the carpet pieces in the isle, across the stainless steel shower floor, up the plastic retractable shower door and under the table.

While I was worried about all the damage being done by the Alibright and all she could do was panic about the 100 or so little gold nuggets that I'd broadcast far and wide Twisted Evil Evil or Very Mad
Moneybox
Moneybox

Back to top Go down

Post by CrazyPete Mon 12 Dec 2016, 4:03 pm

Moneybox wrote:THE WIFE

At the 2014 muster we received a vibrating gold cleaner. By the shape I guess it was made to clean false teeth Laughing  

lol! lol! lol!  or for vibrating concrete maybe ??

Or scratch  now i gotta tread lightly here Phil " prospecting pleasures" affraid Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz lol!
CrazyPete
CrazyPete
Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by shane-o Mon 12 Dec 2016, 9:22 pm

Haha that's hilariously unfortunate mate, I have one of those little ultrasonic vibrating things too, I got it to clean all the gold rings I used to find but after the police raided me and seized all my rings and ammunition and that one bloody hand grenade that bought them all here a couple of weeks ago, I think I will just stick to finding and cleaning nuggets hahahaha
shane-o
shane-o

Back to top Go down

Post by martinjsto Thu 22 Dec 2016, 11:25 pm

flyrock wrote:"What has almost killed you in the outback??"

GAIL

finis autem fabulae

LOL Phil,

what has nearly killed me, bloody kangaroos or emus jumping out in front of you at 100kph.
martinjsto
martinjsto
Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by peterau Fri 23 Dec 2016, 3:44 am

Fast roos and emus out your way Martinjsto

peterau

Back to top Go down

Post by martinjsto Thu 29 Dec 2016, 11:02 pm

LOL peterau. blink and you will miss em. lol!
martinjsto
martinjsto
Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by .04 Thu 12 Jan 2017, 9:19 pm

Nearly 4 weeks later Gail reads Flyrocks message........
He obviously made it through last season, maybe not so lucky this year affraid
In the event that he does go missing, please disregard this post....

Back to top Go down

Post by Bignuggs Sat 14 Jan 2017, 4:13 pm

.04 wrote:Nearly 4 weeks later Gail reads Flyrocks message........
He obviously made it through last season, maybe not so lucky this year affraid
In the event that he does go missing, please disregard this post....

lol!   Hey Gail, I guess Phil will have to keep his head low this year and shave the beard off  What has almost killed you in the outback?? 3179412840   What has almost killed you in the outback?? 3100332128
Bignuggs
Bignuggs
Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by martinjsto Mon 06 Feb 2017, 7:56 pm

the beard has gone last time we seen him
martinjsto
martinjsto
Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next