Detecting West Australian Gold
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Call the station owner before heading out.

Go down

Call the station owner before heading out. Empty Call the station owner before heading out.

Post by Gold Diver Tue 31 Jan 2012, 8:51 pm

Out in the bush a while back, minding our own, when a bloody Father/Son combo headed us off for a chat on their cheap Chinese made quads.
Not that I mind that part, but, what gets me is: We as prospectors do the right thing, we had a Section 20A, Station owners permission, We fill in our holes etc. I even called into the station to say hi on my way out, but these 2 were burning around like they bloody owned the place. So when they asked us about shooting goats, I told them I was good friends with the station owner (We only met him the day before) and that a good part of the stations income was from the goats (Which is true, because he told me in conversation) . So when I told him we wouldn't be happy with a couple of peanuts shooting while we were out walking in the area, we never saw him again.

I guarantee you if he had of let a few shots, and the station owner heard and thought it was us, we would never have been welcomed back.

It just pays to know who, what, where you are detecting.

GD

Gold Diver

Back to top Go down