Detecting West Australian Gold
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SDC 2300 help

2 posters

Go down

SDC 2300 help Empty SDC 2300 help

Post by farm boy Sat 04 Nov 2017, 4:21 pm

Gday all
Used my sdc 2300 for the first time today and noticed a couple of things hoping for some help.

On threshold setting 2 lights from left the threshold audio breaks in and out...almost like a contact touches and disconnects. Howevwr on light 3 and more it functions okay a steady audio threshold is heard.

Just wondering is this normal or is my unit faulty?

Cheers FB

farm boy

Back to top Go down

SDC 2300 help Empty Re: SDC 2300 help

Post by purple-dragon Mon 06 Nov 2017, 4:38 pm

I haven`t had that issue on my 2300 FB -have you done the insulation tape around your batteries mod yet-that ensures the problem is not coming from your batteries before looking anywhere else-Dragon
purple-dragon
purple-dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by farm boy Mon 06 Nov 2017, 7:40 pm

Cheers dragon i haven't done that but i have been using the better batteries from reeds. The odd thing is at 3 red lights or more of threshold the audio is constant and ok. But i will try the tape and see how it goes.

Can you tell me on one red light threshold what is the sound like? And 2 lights? Is there a humm or no noise at all? Typically what threshold Level do u use? Cheers much appreciated fb

farm boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 06 Nov 2017, 9:22 pm

The issue you are having with the threshold is normal with the 2300, at the lower end of the scale you don't get an even threshold and like you say it breaks in and out, you have to go to a higher setting and I normally use about 3 from the top end so that you have a reasonably even threshold level.

Also it has a very quiet audio so if you were using headphones you can probably get away with using it at a lower setting, I have to use a signal booster on mine and still run the threshold on the same scale level but use the booster control to get it at the correct level that I am comfortable with.

The issue with the batteries is that they have too much lateral movement, and a bump to the detector or sudden movement disengages the battery housing cap spring contacts from the top of the battery and this causes the machine to either completely shut down or sometimes it will momentarily shut down and then start up again going through the initial start up procedure, its a very different issue to the threshold stuttering from too low a setting.

au-fever

Back to top Go down

Post by farm boy Wed 08 Nov 2017, 8:12 pm

Cheers au that seems spot on

farm boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down