Detecting West Australian Gold
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

sdc-2300 Video

5 posters

Go down

sdc-2300 Video Empty sdc-2300 Video

Post by geof_junk Sat 24 May 2014, 10:14 am

Video link

geof_junk

Back to top Go down

sdc-2300 Video Empty Re: sdc-2300 Video

Post by Guest Sat 24 May 2014, 1:03 pm

just a taste of what might be on the horizon--but time will tell--

the sdc 2300 is an extremely versatile machine and suited to all ages..

regards
oneday

Back to top Go down

Post by hoolahoopa Sat 24 May 2014, 1:36 pm

Price?

hoolahoopa

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 24 May 2014, 2:18 pm

Could come in handy when theres a bit of water running in a creek where the 5k is useless.

Back to top Go down

Post by rogawilco Sat 24 May 2014, 2:35 pm

Looks good even at $3990. Tough and user friendly, no cords and cables hangin all over the shop. Compact. Considering that it appears most 5000 users most of the time are really only picking up very small pieces under a gram, including myself, because they detect areas for crumbs after actual prospectors have been there. If ya gunna detect for crumbs may as well save some coin and try one.
RW
rogawilco
rogawilco

Back to top Go down

Post by martinjsto Sat 24 May 2014, 7:55 pm

does look good, handy for beach during summer and great for cleaning up. be nice to see some vids finding nuggets in WA soils
martinjsto
martinjsto
Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 25 May 2014, 1:06 pm

be a good way to pick up a bit of skirt on Bondi or Scarborough Beachs..

hey hey--

regards
oneday

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 26 May 2014, 4:32 am

I have had a bit of a play with a prototype machine and my initial thoughts were that because its so compact it would be a useful machine to carry on the bike while patch hunting, almost all the patches I have come across have started out with a little indicator nugget that's alerted me to gold being there, some of the time I have been only been using an 8" round mono or 12x7 mono, particularly when the ground is scrubby, rubbly or covered with spinifex, its always better when you can get the coil closer to the ground and in between the obstructions than you can do with a bigger coil when looking for the tiny indicator pieces.

This machine is designed for just that sort of thing, with MPF (Multi Period Fast) extremely fast pulse induction switching between transmit and receive, meaning minimal residual transmit signal being present during the receive cycle, therefore making smaller nuggets more easily detectable, that's the sales pitch anyway but it does make sense, as far as depth goes I guess that many of the small pieces we get are relatively shallow so the fitted 8" round coil would have no issue getting those but cant really say how it would go on bigger deeper pieces but that's what the gpx and a bigger coil is for.

Wouldn't be considering it as a replacement for the gpx but rather as something that could be carried also, it folds to a compact state of 216mm x 400mm (8.5 x 15.7 inches), has internal batteries, makes it easy to carry in a backpack if you want to walk into a hard to get to spot, light weight and simple controls, its signal sounds are familiar, and much like other pi minelabs.

The drawbacks I can see with it are the external speaker is mounted on the right hand side of the machine, and so if you are right handed of course the speaker is facing away from you and this will make it harder to hear unless you have the threshold up higher that you would otherwise, the headphone socket is for the waterproof headphones so the standard headphones that come with it have a different plug to the standard one so any headphones you have and use now wont fit it, lastly d cell batteries?, I think that a lithium ion pack type battery would have been a better option for a machine in the $3990 range.

My opinion overall is that it could be a useful tool for a specific use as described and not really a main use detector, and possibly the price will be a deterrent for some buyers, if it does in fact do what minelab say it will then it could turn out to be a worthwhile investment, if not a hard machine to resell and recoup your purchase costs when its in the range of second hand gpx machines.

au-fever

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 26 May 2014, 6:14 am

the batteries are C type rechargeables from what I have been told unless they have changed them..

I don't think it will be too long for some young budding whiz kid out there to come up with a more user friendly battery system which we r all use to.

on the whole a nice compact machine and something with which u can entice your kids with to come prospecting..

regards
oneday

Back to top Go down

Post by CrazyPete Mon 26 May 2014, 7:40 am

Nice compact machine  Very Happy 
Ray - will you be doin a test run with one up your way when you can ??
Be nice to see an actual video with the target and runnin sounds in the audio..
Heard about this one near on 3 yrs ago now, also heard about another one they have up their sleeves..
CrazyPete
CrazyPete
Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 26 May 2014, 8:16 am

Hi Pete
Hopefully when i get one we will go for a run with it and see if she can work on that crab hole country let alone the Hi Mineralised country--theres still a lot of undetected areas of this sort of country yet to be pillaged..

regards
oneday

Back to top Go down

Post by CrazyPete Mon 26 May 2014, 12:05 pm

Cheers Ray, and yeah, some nasty no-go areas still full of the yella, would
make a good sniffer setup for the small stuff and shallow areas.
Really like the way it all folds up but the coil fixations look a bit weird.
Talkin about the coil, will it accept other after market coils or just the one it comes with ??
CrazyPete
CrazyPete
Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 26 May 2014, 12:25 pm

THE ONE I TEST DRIVED HAD A FIXED COIL BUT THEY MIGHT HAVE CHANGED THAT CONCEPT--so only the 8" coil.

its a detector designed to also encourage our kids to have a go --pack it up and throw over your shoulder, jump on there quads or borrow the old mans postie bike and get out in the fresh air instead of sitting on facebook or someother electronic media.

regards
oneday

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum