Detecting West Australian Gold
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SDC 2300

+15
Nanjim
Bignuggs
Moneybox
holgaroo
rc62burke
Ttrash
Flouro
albo
CrazyPete
goldstrijk
madmax800
snapper
martinjsto
rogawilco
K town swinger
19 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

SDC 2300 Empty SDC 2300

Post by K town swinger Tue 01 Jul 2014, 10:05 am

Last edited by K town swinger on Fri 27 Feb 2015, 2:47 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : p)

K town swinger

Back to top Go down

SDC 2300 Empty Re: SDC 2300

Post by rogawilco Tue 01 Jul 2014, 10:20 am

Awesome review K-town.
I want one !!!

And that was 19 bits by the way Very Happy 
RW
rogawilco
rogawilco

Back to top Go down

Post by martinjsto Tue 01 Jul 2014, 10:25 am

good to see the new machine finding gold. excellent review Ktown. it is certainly shaping up to be a must have in the kit detector.

martinjsto
Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by K town swinger Tue 01 Jul 2014, 10:32 am

rogawilco wrote:Awesome review K-town.
I want one !!!

And that was 19 bits by the way Very Happy 
RW

Yes mate 19 in the pic but only 18 found by me,a local lady who was detecting nearby came over to have a listen to the 2300 and as soon she put the headphones on she pinged a piece so that's lady luck for ya.

k town.

K town swinger

Back to top Go down

Post by snapper Tue 01 Jul 2014, 10:38 am

Yep great work K Town, the more i hear the more impressed i am, wonder how it will perform over greenstone in above 40c?
snapper
snapper

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 01 Jul 2014, 11:47 am

WE'LL have to wait for summer but i reckon its a matter of time befor we see some serious
gold being found..

Hopefully i will give it a go on the CRAB hole country out at Burnies patch on sunday 6th july

there is a patch that we had the tractor over and was hit with the 45 and 5000 so hopefully we will see if anything still remains..the boys from roebourne hit this area hard and won a fair bit of gold--should be interesting

regards
oneday

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 03 Jul 2014, 6:49 pm

the only comment with character is the fact that the machine becomes heavy after a while for some people so I have an old harness and a new bungy cord for the next mob that want to test the machine free of charge befor I sell it off as second hand..open to very good offers..no gold kickers need apply.

regards
oneday

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 05 Jul 2014, 1:11 pm

well I have overcome the weight factor for those that swing for any length of time--

the harness is now supplied with the DEMO 2300 for all to use..

pic coming soon

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
(cheers cliff)

regards
oneday

Last edited by oneday on Sun 06 Jul 2014, 3:12 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by madmax800 Sat 05 Jul 2014, 7:17 pm

Glad to see my harness included oneday.
They work great on coin machines and now add the 2300 to the list.
Thanks for your help today, catch ya soon out there.

madmax800
madmax800
madmax800

Back to top Go down

SDC 2300 Empty SDC2300

Post by goldstrijk Sun 20 Jul 2014, 11:05 am

Hello all!
Went out for a first trial with the SDC2300 yesterday in a little known area
The machine is very impressive, no gold found, but small lead shot down to about 8"
It was easy to set up and the signals were very clear
The only couple of down sides, was the coil seems to change angle very easily and the arm rest is a nightmare
I saw an arm rest modification on another forum, so will try that out
Madmax 800, I'm interested in your harness, tried the GPX harness, hip stick and bungy, was ok, but needs the bungy kept away from your fingers
Goldstrijk

goldstrijk

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 20 Jul 2014, 5:06 pm

I see people are whinging about this that and anything else they can voice there disbelief about the 2300--this pocket rocket was out in the paddock again today and yesty arvo and I didn't have a problem with the strap-the arm rest-and pulling the machine over--mind u I didn't have the head phones on this time.

even with the head phones on --once I put the detector down and pin pointed were the target was --I simply released the first shaft clip and retracted the shaft to get easier access to the machine--not rocket science but some jokers out there on other forums just whinge for the sake of having a go--FSS they don't even have a few bob to buy one and don't even want to own one yet blaa blaaa blaaaa--spare me lord.

The smart ones are out there quietly doing there thing and finding gold.

These machines will find good gold eventually but for the time being its keeping everyone who owns one busy finding gold.

u definitely need a harness and I have ordered 30 and will put them up for sale in the Commercial section..

regards
oneday

Back to top Go down

Post by CrazyPete Sun 20 Jul 2014, 5:57 pm

Good to hear ML have another winner with the 23  cheers 

The small gold still pays good divvies and i aint a snob  Razz 
The only reason i'll not be gettin one is that i basically already have one "ie" GPX5000 fine gold timing, and the 5k takes other coil sizes.
Now if i was a new chum or even an old hand gettin back in the game i'd be gettin one shipped out ASAP to my place.
Who gives a rats ring about ergonomics or the controls on the side etc... if it gets the gold.. Job done  Cool 

Ray -  Pity im not up your way coz i'd love to take the Bluedog out for a swing  Very Happy 

Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by goldstrijk Tue 22 Jul 2014, 10:55 am

No point in commenting on your post Ray, re armrest and whingers  Mad 

goldstrijk

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 22 Jul 2014, 11:18 am

as pete said --the dam thing finds gold--end of story.

i sold a heap of detectors last week --people are quietly going about their business without too much adoo.

have a 2300 going to nullagine for 3 weeks so will see what they pull with it.

regards
oneday

Back to top Go down

Post by goldstrijk Tue 22 Jul 2014, 11:32 am

Ray,
I wasn't knocking the detector as such, it is very impressive.
That said, members should be able to convey their observations and what works for one doesn't work for another.
I think the armrest needs a bit of modification, which can be done fairly simply
Also a harness would extend the swinging time for most of us
Didn't the hip stick come out for the 5K to achieve that?
I'm not arguing about the merits of this machine and I think it will prove itself like the 5K has paeirgcy vp 

goldstrijk

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 22 Jul 2014, 12:21 pm

YEP i agree.

will have the new harnesses here within a week

regards
oneday

Back to top Go down

Post by goldstrijk Tue 22 Jul 2014, 12:51 pm

Well you should sell plenty of the harnesses, just makes it a lot more comfortable for us old codjers lwkgthgt 

goldstrijk

Back to top Go down

Post by CrazyPete Tue 22 Jul 2014, 4:26 pm

goldstrijk wrote:Well you should sell plenty of the harnesses, just makes it a lot more comfortable for us old codjers lwkgthgt 

hahahaha i'll swing the bugger and you dig  Razz Razz Razz  we go 60/40 in the gold and the  drunken kwdf  my way  whgirt wegr eafgh 

Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by goldstrijk Tue 22 Jul 2014, 4:42 pm

Tell him he's dreamin pirat dambit wegr fhsdfg 

goldstrijk

Back to top Go down

Post by CrazyPete Tue 22 Jul 2014, 4:47 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by goldstrijk Tue 22 Jul 2014, 4:48 pm

Shite, looks like you Pete haha SDC 2300 2517112348 lol! 

goldstrijk

Back to top Go down

Post by albo Wed 23 Jul 2014, 8:13 pm

thanks Ktown for the mail , like picking up $5 notes at will on the right spot , jeez thatl do me .
albo
albo

Back to top Go down

Post by Flouro Thu 24 Jul 2014, 9:16 am

Hi All,

Try using the 11" DD coil in Cancel with a GPX and compare to the SDC, I still don't see the need for one yet, don't forget to crank the gain flatout

Ron

Flouro

Back to top Go down

Post by Ttrash Thu 24 Jul 2014, 5:24 pm

Great report & good photos Ktown

Many Thanks
Ttrash
Ttrash

Back to top Go down

Post by rc62burke Wed 06 Aug 2014, 6:18 pm

oneday wrote:I see people are whinging about this that and anything else they can voice there disbelief about the 2300--this pocket rocket was out in the paddock again today and yesty arvo and I didn't have a problem with the strap-the arm rest-and pulling the machine over--mind u I didn't have the head phones on this time.

even with the head phones on --once I put the detector down and pin pointed were the target was --I simply released the first shaft clip and retracted the shaft to get easier access to the machine--not rocket science but some jokers out there on other forums just whinge for the sake of having a go--FSS they don't even have a few bob to buy one and don't even want to own one yet blaa blaaa blaaaa--spare me lord.

The smart ones are out there quietly doing there thing and finding gold.

These machines will find good gold eventually but for the time being its keeping everyone who owns one busy finding gold.

u definitely need a harness and I have ordered 30 and will put them up for sale in the Commercial section..

regards
oneday

Hey Ray
All respect to you!!!
I believe the complaints to be legitimate & points that SHOULD have been considered during the testing of this unit (if it was field tested PROPERLY).
You see I recently (last week) was camped with a guy who had one.
The very first time I picked it up to get a feel for it, I was astounded with the way this $4000 detector felt, it was crap & flopped around on my arm at the end of each swing (my forearm is smaller than the owners) the folding cuff's are to blame here!!!
I noticed that the sliding section of the shaft's had some sideways movement too & yes the weight of this unit is all out the front, it needs a bungy.
One very poor design feature that came to light after the guy had been using it for a week plus was that the rear of the skid plate & the coil connection knuckle where wearing out I kid you not this will be a huge impact in future.

All that being said, It does an amazing job at finding tiny gold "BLOODY AWESOME"
Old mate also had an issue with it shutting down, due to possible loose battery contacts & tonight I got an email saying he was going to Cairns due to the charger crapping itself.

Like I said, good at finding "Gold" but I believe that M/L have overlooked a number of important issue's, I also think that it is overpriced.
Do I want one, DAMN RIGHT I do!!! but with the issue's & @ $4000 not likely ATM.
We all have our opinions & this is mine!!!
cheers
Lee
rc62burke
rc62burke

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next