Detecting West Australian Gold
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The SDC 2300 only finds shallow fly shite.. (Oh Really!!)

+14
CrazyPete
shorty
NuggieDreamer
wizman
Nightjar
goldstrijk
Moneybox
Flying kiwi
martinjsto
Bignuggs
gold n beer
Ttrash
Nanjim
purple-dragon
18 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

The SDC 2300 only finds shallow fly shite.. (Oh Really!!) Empty The SDC 2300 only finds shallow fly shite.. (Oh Really!!)

Post by CrazyPete Tue 24 May 2016, 12:45 pm

Well, that seems to be the general concensous on these great machines that you hear around the traps.
And they dont even go anywhere near deep enough to have a chance at a decent weight.
Ive gotta say a big "Bullsh!t" to both of the above comments.

Went out for the weekend with my lovely fellow scratcher "Rie", Back to our old haunt, we've both been doin
really well on that patch with our two SDC's, and it's no secret patch, just one that we call our 2nd home in the GT.
So far we have pulled well over 350 bits off that flogged 100x200 bit of ground but nothing to really write home about, just ya
usual smallish SDC stuff with the odd coupla grammer like below

The SDC 2300 only finds shallow fly shite.. (Oh Really!!) Img_2012

The SDC 2300 only finds shallow fly shite.. (Oh Really!!) Img_2013

Anyways, this time there, was to be like no other, sure it all started out the same Very Happy  Arrive at our camp, grab a coldie and have a gander over the place, see if anyone else has been in there since our last time.
Set up the swag, get the lighting sorted, bite to eat then settle in for a good few more drinks before riggin up and
actually starting to prospect The SDC 2300 only finds shallow fly shite.. (Oh Really!!) 2517112348   cheers lol!

We pulled a few up to 1.5 grams over the Sat/Sunday then Rie says, lets take monday off work and stay one more day Very Happy
And it took me 1 second to agree with her, so Monday morning comes, we rig up and i lead her a few hundred metres
through the scrub to some good looking ground i'd sussed out the day before and wanted to have a swing on.

15 minutes into it and Bang!  i got the first one, next Rie starts pullin a few and i go over to show her me latest
bit to keep the juices flowin The SDC 2300 only finds shallow fly shite.. (Oh Really!!) 1511110000
I walked back over to where i dug that last one and within 10 feet i got that lovely mellow drop tone that we all
live for eafgh fhsdfg  now to the diggin wegr

18 inches later in chocolate brown wash with no sign of bedrock yet i reached down into the hole to scoop out
the loose stuff, all the time thinkin " this is probably another busted off pick end" and stone the flamin crows Shocked
i see that lovely glint lookin back at me, so i wipes off more dirt and ohhhhh man was it a nice nugget cheers

I re buried it and called Rie over and said "stick ya coil in the hole" Razz
Scrape it out i says hahahaha
Shoulda seen her face when the gold showed up cheers lol!

The SDC 2300 only finds shallow fly shite.. (Oh Really!!) Img_2014

The SDC 2300 only finds shallow fly shite.. (Oh Really!!) Img_2017

The SDC 2300 only finds shallow fly shite.. (Oh Really!!) Img_2016

The SDC 2300 only finds shallow fly shite.. (Oh Really!!) Img_2015

The SDC 2300 only finds shallow fly shite.. (Oh Really!!) Img_2018

Got me a fresh set of Dentures too cheers Razz Razz

The SDC 2300 only finds shallow fly shite.. (Oh Really!!) Img_2019

Already planning the next visit to that new patch, should be a Pearler Cool

Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

The SDC 2300 only finds shallow fly shite.. (Oh Really!!) Empty Re: The SDC 2300 only finds shallow fly shite.. (Oh Really!!)

Post by purple-dragon Tue 24 May 2016, 1:08 pm

Awesome Pete-I cant say enough about my 2300 -I have been working the same ground for 18 months and every trip I bring back good gold and plenty of it-that little blue beastie is amazing-Dragon
purple-dragon
purple-dragon

Back to top Go down

The SDC 2300 only finds shallow fly shite.. (Oh Really!!) Empty Re: The SDC 2300 only finds shallow fly shite.. (Oh Really!!)

Post by Nanjim Tue 24 May 2016, 1:09 pm

Pete
Strike me flamin pink .....
That is a ripper the little bits are OK as well.......

Cheers Nanjim
Jim

Nanjim

Back to top Go down

Post by CrazyPete Tue 24 May 2016, 1:26 pm

Cheers Dragon & Jim Very Happy
Yeah i gotta agree Dragon, After having practically all the ML models
from the 2000 the SDC has to be the best bang for buck outta the lot.
Every trip is a golden one cheers Very Happy

Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ttrash Tue 24 May 2016, 1:56 pm

Great stuff Pete & Rie

Nothing like some shiny Gold fangs

Congrats on all the bits &
Thanks for posting

Anthony
Ttrash
Ttrash

Back to top Go down

Post by gold n beer Tue 24 May 2016, 3:41 pm

WOW!!!! look what the sdc dragged home ;xs;sp

big congrats guys, that's some nice nugg's and that big bugger is special mate, well deserved Pete.

what a weekend hey!!, bet ya thinking every Monday off work know hahaha!

that's a story for minelab mate, they might throw you a zed to see what's really down their wegr

must be itching to get back their, all the best with cleaning the patch. hope there's a few more in it.
gold n beer
gold n beer

Back to top Go down

Post by Bignuggs Tue 24 May 2016, 4:11 pm

You've got some old miners dentures in ya mouth, throw them away quick, ya don't know where they have been  Razz
Nice bit of gold tho and I guess ya not coming home anytime soon now  lol!
cheers  cheers

Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by martinjsto Tue 24 May 2016, 6:38 pm

great find there, thats a smashing bit of gold. well done and shows the SDC WILL punch deep and find the big stuff as well as the small fly shyte. happy days
cheers

martinjsto
Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Flying kiwi Tue 24 May 2016, 6:50 pm

Shot Pete beaut slug mate
Stoked

Tom

Flying kiwi

Back to top Go down

Post by NuggieDreamer Tue 24 May 2016, 7:18 pm

Toot... Flamin Toot! So happy for you matey. Good things come around to those that deserve it and your still an inspiration to us all.
NuggieDreamer
NuggieDreamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Moneybox Tue 24 May 2016, 11:37 pm

That's crazy Pete. There's hope for us all yet tongue

I still stand by what I said about the SDC. It tunes and detunes it's self to suit the ground and in some cases in very hot ground it has almost no penetration at all. It does a very nice job of avoiding most hotrocks and ground noise but you never know just how deep it's reaching until you run over the same hot ground with a conventional detector that is most likely giving your ears a bashing. We've had some nice 0.6 to 1g nuggets only 50mm down that the SDC simply passes over but they scream on the ATX or the 4500. The SDC also baulks in really windy conditions where the false signals make it almost impossible to identify a target. On the other hand so far we've never found anything under 0.13 with anything but the SDC and it's found hundreds of the tiny bits.

Back to top Go down

Post by goldstrijk Wed 25 May 2016, 5:43 am

Hey Pete and Rie, top suff
Agree with what ND said, well deserved to the Guru Twisted Evil

goldstrijk

Back to top Go down

Post by CrazyPete Wed 25 May 2016, 2:29 pm

Bignuggs wrote:You've got some old miners dentures in ya mouth, throw them away quick, ya don't know where they have been  Razz

Funny you should say that cliff, once had a bloke bring in his Mrs gold teeth into the Patch, wanted to sell the grubby things
but we wondered what thye go was for him to actually have her teeth in the first place hahahaha...

martinjsto wrote:great find there, thats a smashing bit of gold. well done and shows the SDC WILL punch deep and find the big stuff as well as the small fly shyte. happy days
cheers

Totally agree Martin, and from what i'm seeing and hearing too many people are still stuck on that crappy " Smooth threshold" theory and thats probly why they arnt punching down..

Flying kiwi wrote:Shot Pete beaut slug mate
Stoked

Tom

Cheers Tom, can i lend ya blower for this patch mate hahaha Razz

NuggieDreamer wrote:Toot... Flamin Toot! So happy for you matey. Good things come around to those that deserve it and your still an inspiration to us all.

Thanks Dieter  Wink  Very Happy  That huge hole you and Strijkie dug coulda been the retirement bit too, gotta dig em all ay brother  cheers

Phil - Keep on Keeping on mate Wink  my motto is, ifya gear aint good enough for the ground your working then go
to some ground that better matches ya gears performance and clean up cheers  but from ya last post i recon
you n Sandra are doin very well indeed guys Very Happy Very Happy

goldstrijk wrote:Hey Pete and Rie, top suff
Agree with what ND said, well deserved to the Guru Twisted Evil
Want a shower mate lol! lol! cheers lol!
your gonna need a dip in a dam after your next trip brother lol! Razz Razz

Well, she's sold already and the cans are flowin good and strong The SDC 2300 only finds shallow fly shite.. (Oh Really!!) 2517112348 , gonna buy a ute and head back there ASAP..

Good luck to all, and Your turn next Guys n Gals Very Happy Cool

Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nightjar Wed 25 May 2016, 5:14 pm

Be careful there Pete, the latest GG&T has a story about a fella accidently swallowing three gold sovereign's and they didn't show up in an xray???
Do you think he may have spent a few days checking his gr****rs?

The SDC 2300 only finds shallow fly shite.. (Oh Really!!) Signature2

"Aging seems to be the only available way to live a long life."
Nightjar
Nightjar

Back to top Go down

Post by CrazyPete Wed 25 May 2016, 5:34 pm

Nightjar wrote:Be careful there Pete, the latest GG&T has a story about a fella accidently swallowing three gold sovereign's and they didn't show up in an xray???
Do you think he may have spent a few days checking his gr****rs?

Geez Peter the Mrs just got the GG&T but i aint read it yet, i wonder where them Sovs went ??
Wondering if the fella checked the filter on his Carrot valve, could be in there lol!

BTW hows your season goin mate ?
bet your pullin a few ay Wink cheers
And that last email you sent left me in tears hahahahaha.

Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by wizman Thu 26 May 2016, 11:39 am

Way to go. That's one beautiful nug!!!

wizman

Back to top Go down

Post by CrazyPete Thu 26 May 2016, 1:55 pm

Cheers Wizman :)
She left my stash yesty to live in another blokes collection, very happy with the loungeroom sale :)

Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by NuggieDreamer Fri 27 May 2016, 2:55 am

KA-CHINGG!!!
NuggieDreamer
NuggieDreamer

Back to top Go down

Post by shorty Fri 27 May 2016, 6:38 am

Nice going Pete
shorty
shorty

Back to top Go down

Post by CrazyPete Fri 27 May 2016, 9:47 am

Cheers Shorty Very Happy think we'd all like to find a few more like that one.

Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Zap Tue 31 May 2016, 9:48 pm

Bloody goodonya Pete !
Zap
Zap

Back to top Go down

Post by Biggest Kev Wed 01 Jun 2016, 3:50 am

Good on you Pete thanks for sharing the story, your still the man.

Cheers Kev The SDC 2300 only finds shallow fly shite.. (Oh Really!!) 1214499189
Biggest Kev
Biggest Kev

Back to top Go down

Post by CrazyPete Wed 01 Jun 2016, 9:57 am

Zap! - Cheers mate, the old Parkerville Burgler strikes again Razz Razz

Kev - Thanks mate and i hope youve been getting a few ratlers in the can too cheers Very Happy

Hoping to head back to the new ground this weekend but there's this rain front meant to be pushin thru, solved that problem yesty, went and grabbed two new raincoats, glad the SDC is waterproof, definate bonus ;xs;sp

Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by NuggieDreamer Wed 01 Jun 2016, 10:34 am

Cliffy Young gonna roll in his grave, Pete's switched from rice to potato farming...
NuggieDreamer
NuggieDreamer

Back to top Go down

Post by CrazyPete Thu 02 Jun 2016, 2:18 pm

Could never write a story for a Minelab article coz of always in the past being under the employ of ML dealers etc etc, but i thought that i'd share this one with the Cosmos lol!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next