Detecting West Australian Gold
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12 inch nuggetfinder

3 posters

Go down

12   inch nuggetfinder Empty 12 inch nuggetfinder

Post by wilddog Sun 05 Apr 2015, 9:41 am

Got a loan of a 4000 and 12 inch nuggetfinder advantage, mono, heard good reports of coil, anyone here used it?

In normal mode is it noisy?

wilddog

Back to top Go down

12   inch nuggetfinder Empty Re: 12 inch nuggetfinder

Post by Guest Sun 05 Apr 2015, 3:36 pm

wilddog wrote:Got a loan of a 4000 and 12 inch nuggetfinder advantage, mono, heard good reports of coil, anyone here used it?

In normal mode is it noisy?

Have not used one on the 4000 but did use one on the 4500 in enhanced, I found it a touch too twitchy for my liking, overly sensitive maybe and found that I was scratching at a lot of iffy signals with it, I much prefer the minelab 11" commander mono and found it to be a lot more stable and less erratic and better suited to the 4500.

This may not be the case with it on the 4000 so its always worth a try, some coils work and react quite differently from one model machine to another so it might be very suitable, I guess its a case of suck and see.

au-fever

Back to top Go down

Post by Bignuggs Sun 05 Apr 2015, 7:21 pm

I've always liked the CT goldstalker 14x9 mono. Just personal choice. But I have also used the NF 14x9. Try different coils.
But I also have found the 16" CT round did well compared to some of the ML coils.
Trial and error. you have to try different coils.
Or as they say, one size doesn't fit all.
Happy hunting.

Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by toad Sun 05 Apr 2015, 7:50 pm

I have to run my 12" NFA down around 5Rx and 2 Stab in normal on my 4500 but it still finds gold. Susceptible to hotrocks on that setting though, but will pick up gold deeper than on Enhanced.
toad
toad

Back to top Go down

Post by wilddog Wed 08 Apr 2015, 6:52 pm

Tried today, too noisy in normal, but dead quiete in smooth Very Happy Very Happy
Dont know if it goes deep yet.

wilddog

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down