Detecting West Australian Gold
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NuggetFinder 24x12 V`s Coiltek 18x12

Go down

NuggetFinder 24x12  V`s Coiltek 18x12 Empty NuggetFinder 24x12 V`s Coiltek 18x12

Post by Guest Tue 20 Mar 2012, 11:07 am

Finally got to scuff up the new Coil on the weekend and here is what I thought of it:
The NuggetFinder 24x12 Advantage Eliptical Mono seemed less touch sensitive than my Coiltek 18x12 Goldstalker Eliptical Mono,but had about the same depth capacity.The Extra 6 inches just helps you cover all the area at a better pace.
Both Coils are about the same over ground noise,and i tested each over a real singer of a clay dome.
The NF was slightly heavier,and its a big job to use in Scrubby country with alot of rocks or downed timber.But then again,so is any coil over 14 inches in length.
Sensitivity on Gold had the CT in front,but only by a Bee`s Dick.First bit I got a 2.7grm in Quartz float below a couple of Shafts on a hill. The signal was clear and the Nugget was at 12 inches,sitting on top of Red Clay just under the Quartz. Not bad as the Ground was extra Buzzy.
Next Piece was a 1.2 grm red ironstone bit from 7 inches in Virgin dirt on the edge of an old Dozer cut. Buggered how I had missed that bit as I had flogged the spot a fair few times.
Overall,I reckon the NF is slightly less sensitive to tiny stuff than the CT,but the pluses are its less prone to falsing and covers more ground.Both Coils being 12 inch in width,seemed to me why they both had the same depth ability. Testing was on my GPX 4000 and I will update after this weekend at Hill End.

Back to top Go down

NuggetFinder 24x12  V`s Coiltek 18x12 Empty Re: NuggetFinder 24x12 V`s Coiltek 18x12

Post by Guest Tue 20 Mar 2012, 12:04 pm

Good Stuff Gus gpost

Back to top Go down

NuggetFinder 24x12  V`s Coiltek 18x12 Empty Re: NuggetFinder 24x12 V`s Coiltek 18x12

Post by Guest Wed 21 Mar 2012, 6:44 am

The NF is quite sensitive tosmall gold for such a large coil. It also has the advantage of a much longer warranty. hjjo gpost

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 27 Mar 2012, 8:51 am

Well,im back from Hill End,bitten and burned. My right arm is about 2inches longer and a few blisters to boot.
The NF ran well in the deep ground,abit noisy on some extra hot patches,
but was still punching deep. Fark there is some massive trash on this field.
Gullies that look virgin have been turned over and buggered if I know what was with all those big bits of Zinc plate. I can
Handle a fair bit of junk,but this was over the top.
The downfall of swinging a huge coil is where surface trash is close together,you can get a target on the heel and the toe of
the coil nearly at once.
Some of the Rusticles below the old shafts were so decomposed they wouldnt stick to a magnet,yet came in like a sweet deep
Nugget at 14 inches. Same for the #2 lead shot,easily heard at 6 inches. This lid wont miss much!
To top the weekend off,popped my GB button out on a branch and then had fark all
GB for the rest of the weekend Rolling Eyes
Had to resort to using the tracking switch manually.
Saved the day on Sunday by bailing back to some old creek diggings,chucking on the Coiltek 10 inch Joey mono and pinging a stack of flyshit.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 13 Apr 2012, 7:36 am

Hill End test Part 3.
The NF 24 x 12 is a pisser!
Tested her out on some real nasty Ironstone gravel patches and for a big coil,wasnt to bad. She barked abit over the real hot stuff,ground I reckon would even have a DD paniking,so depth loss was to be expected. Running around in Fixed had me rechecking aplenty,but I sniffed out a few deep lead shots off an old patch that I had missed before. Plenty of machines have been over this spot,so it says alot for this coil.
Changed up to a different spot with four Gullies leading off reef workings to a main gully. The ground is very choppy here,patches of virgin wash in between the test holes everywhere.
Got a screamer of a target and out came a piece of chain link. Rechecked the hole and got a murmur in the corner. Dug into the Quartz layer and I knew I was on. Out popped a little speci with about .6 grm hanging out the side. IMPRESSIVE!
Next bit was 10 ft away in amongst a tribe of lead shot,at 7 inches and .5, Nice work for a huge coil.
There was alot of fallen timber and small wattles on this spot,smacking the coil around abit,and it wouldnt false no matter how hard I jammed,rammed or belted the timber.
Picked up another golf ball sized speci at about 4 inches,but I reckon there would be lucky to be .3 in that,so either this coil is dynamite or my 4000 is a cracker.
This coil is great if your pushed for time,want to cover the ground quickly and miss bugger all with a fairly brisk swing speed. It would be an Ideal patch finder.
I still have to return to some pipeclay diggings at Mudgee and give her a run over some deep targets I left there,but I reckon she will get them no dramas.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 13 Apr 2012, 10:10 am

Nutha good report there CG, she certainly sounds like the goods Cool
Hows the shaft mount holding up ?

Pete

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 16 Apr 2012, 6:54 am

The shaft mount is still solid mate. I have never broken a standard mount on the Coiltek coils either,so I think those
that have either over tightened the nylon bolt or didnt make up their own plastic spacers if the lower shaft was too loose.
The NF does get hooked up with sticks easier than the CT,but I reckon that comes down to it having a narrower
Spoke than the CT. Have been using a Carbon Fibre upper and they are about 3 inches longer than the standard issue Minelab
upper shaft. Given that Im also using an extra long lower shaft,it can be awkward in tight spots if your backed up against a tree
and are trying to swing around your boots.
I have an old army waterbottle on my left side on the webbing of the harness. It shows how much punch this setup has as it picks up the steel mounts when I swing too far left.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 08 May 2012, 9:34 am

Mudgee test: Part 4.
Well,re-reading through my previous posts on this coil,I was sure it would go great in Mudgee. Wrong!
It was Kinda like the day before a big Fishing trip;if you say your going to get a boat full,you end up with hardly a bite Sad
The diggings are a mix of shallow and deep ground,some real mineralised purple/red clay patches,milder orange/ red clay and White Pipe Clay with some Noisy Slate patches thrown in to make life interesting.The patch had given up alot of deeper Gold,so I thought the 24 would be king..........
Headed straight up to where I had left 5 deep signals,that were faint but definite on the Coiltek 18 x 12.
Guess what? The NF couldnt even hear them! Switched back to the CT just to be sure,and dug out 4 buttons,a lead shot and a real deep,flat, 1.9 gramer. Shocked all from the 14-18 inch mark in Pipe Clay.
As a patch finder,the NF 24 will sniff out that first shallow target and cover the ground well. But if Coiltek get their act together and release a 18 x 12 Blitz that is anything like the 14 x 9 Blitz,they wont be beaten.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 08 May 2012, 10:11 am

Very interesting mate, the only thing i could think of is that the buttons
and the nugget may have been lying on edge and presenting to small a
target surface area for the 24x12NF and where just outside the detectable
window for that coil at those depths.
Was it the same group of settings used for both coils give or take.

Cheers
Pete

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 09 May 2012, 9:07 am

Its got me buggered Pete.
Same settings for both Coils.
Sensitive/smooth
Deep
Audio: Boost
Tracking: Fixed
The NF wouldnt give a responce that would pull you up in BOOST,where as the CT was still picking them up in NORMAL. The CT was getting them easy in BOOST.
It has got me scratching my head Bloke.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down