Detecting West Australian Gold
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Nuggetfinder 24 x 12 evolution

3 posters

Go down

Nuggetfinder 24 x 12 evolution Empty Nuggetfinder 24 x 12 evolution

Post by goldpan Thu 26 Jul 2018, 9:48 am

Has anyone here had experience with said coil? currently pulling out big specimens right next to old timers workings...think they missed a deep lead...was tossing up between a 19in evolution and the 24 x 12....absolutely amazed at the 17 x 13 evolution coil which pulled these ancient monsters from the depths,only producing a slight murmur...there was other prospectors scrapes within 2 metres of the patch lol trash everywhere...we swung a nuggetfinder advantage over the species and nothing Shocked not sure the 2 inch's extra on the 19 is worth it? , but round coils punch deeper right? surely you blokes have had experience with this before no doubt. best depth without bulldozer?

goldpan

Back to top Go down

Nuggetfinder 24 x 12 evolution Empty Re: Nuggetfinder 24 x 12 evolution

Post by martinjsto Thu 26 Jul 2018, 10:07 am

I haven't used the larger nugget finder but love the 17x13. Great coil as you said but from experience the 14 inch camo elite seems to me to be better on depth and sensitivity to smaller bits. My buddy uses the 19 inch elite finding same as me but punches down 24 inches plus on 1/2 oz bits so i would not dismiss them. Also I've Never missed a specie with it.
Hope this helps
Cheers

martinjsto
Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by goldpan Thu 26 Jul 2018, 10:13 am

wow, that 19 elite sounds effective mate, yeah i think i read somewhere that the round coils punch deeper than elliptical...hard choice really as i love the elliptical coils but need the best depth without buying a mini excavator haha
yeah 17x13 is a killer as i just found out yesterday, had been whinging about it for months because it's so dam sensitive...like a whiney wife.

goldpan

Back to top Go down

Post by Moneybox Thu 26 Jul 2018, 9:07 pm

Last season I went back to the 11" Commander because it's much lighter to swing. This year Sandra started to use the 4500 and needed the 11" Commander so I put the 14" Elite back on. What a fabulous coil it is. I pulled a few good nuggets from surprising depths as well as tiny ones as small as 0.05g.

I did buy her an 11" Detek Ultra mono but it's as useless as t*ts on a bull.

I have a 19" NF Evolution, it's a nice coil to swing, no heavier than the 14" Elite and feels lighter to swing. Unfortunately to date it's done nothing to help pay back the 600 bucks it cost. On several occasions I've swung the NF over ground where I've extracted deep nuggets with the Elite but it has never detected anything further.

Back to top Go down

Post by goldpan Thu 26 Jul 2018, 9:20 pm

hmm interesting Phil, I think I am going to buy the 19" Evo. Ill be keen to see if it can punch a bit deeper than the 17 x 13 evo.
There are deeper targets still in the ground for sure at this patch, should be interesting anyway...Not keen on the 600$ price tag though Shocked

goldpan

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 27 Jul 2018, 4:46 am

According to the information from nuggetfinder they reckon the 15" round evo coil has a very similar depth capability to that of the 19" round evo coil, if so the obvious
advantage would be that the 15" coil would be lighter to use for working deep ground (ground coverage like when patch hunting open areas is not so much a concern) as good detecting depth when cleaning out a patch or checking deeper ground, as normally you would do that more slowly and methodically anyway, if that makes sense?

A mate uses one and he likes it a lot, its paid for itself after a couple of trips, I have 18" coils anyway and was looking at the 19" evo round as well but then read about the 15" being similar depth so I guess I would probably go that way myself.

cheers

au-fever

Back to top Go down

Post by goldpan Fri 27 Jul 2018, 11:25 pm

yeah now you got me thinking Au-fever...dam you haha, I feel like the 19" would have better depth capability otherwise its existence is pointless, especially if you get the same depth with the 15" and its a lighter coil...its a no brainer.
I will get the 19" and report back, because these specimens were very deep and I actually walked over them 3-4 times before I realized what was under me, everyone else missed them too judging by all the shallow scrapes at all the trash Razz

goldpan

Back to top Go down

Post by martinjsto Sat 28 Jul 2018, 8:31 am

I recently detected an area covered by small shallow holes where there also was 2 deep holes in between the shallow ones. I figured someone got the small surface gold so i ran my 5k on 18 gain and 14 stab using the 14 inch elite and slowly searched. Ended up pinging 12 bits for 4.5 g all deep. This area is knows as the pentioner patch and has been flogged over many years but with the right setup still good gold to be won so go the bigger coil and wind her up.
Good luck
Cheers

martinjsto
Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum