Detecting West Australian Gold
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

diamond & Gold bowl--

Go down

diamond & Gold bowl-- Empty diamond & Gold bowl--

Post by Guest Sat 08 Nov 2014, 6:45 pm

A fella up our way spent a few bob building this piece of gear and now I have learnt that he has packed up and left Ktown with all his gear in storage..
diamond & Gold bowl-- IMG_1336_zps6ebbc499

he even went as far as importing all the drive motors from South Africa..maybe he hasn't heard of Aussie built motors that are water proof and heavy duty with full warrantee etc ... but each to there own..

diamond & Gold bowl-- IMG_1335_zps790e4bb0

its about 14' round and the idea is to fill it with material and the top ring has paddles attached to stir the gear up and eventually separate the gold and diamonds from the crap.
diamond & Gold bowl-- IMG_1325_zps5869ab4c

I must admit it takes a shed load of water to drive this piece of gear and would be limited in many places for the simple reason of a lack of water.
diamond & Gold bowl-- IMG_1329_zpsbd6f6e51

drive motors are hooked up to 2 tubed tyres and they in turn revolve the top drum.
diamond & Gold bowl-- IMG_1334_zpse0b2ed07

she is built not to move in a hurry.
diamond & Gold bowl-- IMG_1331_zps07d0a191

I am yet to see any videos of a working plant. They evolved out of South Africa and never really took of...maybe due to the expense of manufacturing.
There is a company in the States but he has given me the cold shoulder due to his personal feelings regarding Australians...shame but shite happens--move on...attitude is everything

regards
oneday

Back to top Go down

diamond & Gold bowl-- Empty Re: diamond & Gold bowl--

Post by AussieAU Sun 09 Nov 2014, 3:25 pm

Modern version of the old fashioned puddlers you see around the bush in VIC. They used real horses to get the thing turning, not electric ponys Laughing

---------------
Wouldn't it be nice!

AussieAU

Back to top Go down