Detecting West Australian Gold
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SDC 2300--

+17
aussie18
feverpitch
goldstrijk
Waypoint
toad
Digdog
Flying kiwi
Moneybox
Jonathan Porter
NuggieDreamer
Bignuggs
driller
pilbarachad
Nosralt
K town swinger
picknshovel
AussieAU
21 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

SDC 2300-- Empty SDC 2300--

Post by Guest Fri 20 Jun 2014, 6:07 pm

I have a couple of SDC 2300 coming within a week for anyone to have a go with--that's right u can try befor u buy or bag the machine..

I personally have seen and played with the machine last Nov and its not a bad machine irrespective of the asking price..

its an easy machine to pack up and store however u have to be careful with the assembly and the packing up of the machine.

rechargeable batteries are a must..

so I will keep u tuned if in Ktown if u want to have a go..

theres a couple of people with their name down already--u must b in ktown to pick it up.

regards
oneday

Last edited by oneday on Sun 06 Jul 2014, 4:30 pm; edited 3 times in total

Back to top Go down

SDC 2300-- Empty Re: SDC 2300--

Post by AussieAU Sat 21 Jun 2014, 6:27 pm

oneday wrote:I have a couple of SDX 2300 coming within a week for anyone to have a go with--that's right u can try befor u buy or bag the machine..
regards
oneday

SDX 2300 is that a new model that supersedes the soon to be released SDC 2300  Laughing  Laughing  Laughing  lol!  lol!  lol! 

---------------
Wouldn't it be nice!

AussieAU

Back to top Go down

Post by picknshovel Sun 22 Jun 2014, 7:06 am

Might be the Chinese version aussieau.... SDC 2300-- 3179412840 SDC 2300-- 3179412840 SDC 2300-- 3179412840 jhgigfif
picknshovel
picknshovel

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 22 Jun 2014, 2:48 pm

just keepin u blokes on yah toes --good to see

regards
oneday

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 24 Jun 2014, 9:30 am

i have earmarked an area not too far out of town for anyone to come and have a go--will camp out or leave sunday morning.

the area has been hammered so will see if the rest have left any small gold.

This patch has yielded a heap of small gold..and all within the range of the 2300.

regards
oneday

Back to top Go down

Post by K town swinger Tue 24 Jun 2014, 5:11 pm

Hi Ray I'm keen to have a look at the 2300, are you camping out on sunday night or going out for a run with the 2300 on sunday.I don't knock off work until sunday night can you pm the details of your trip out.
Cheers
K town.

K town swinger

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 24 Jun 2014, 6:15 pm

no problem mate--will let u know as soon as I receive them--not this weekend--

regards
oneday

Back to top Go down

Post by Nosralt Tue 24 Jun 2014, 6:52 pm

Lets us know when they come in Ray.. I'll come down for the weekend. Sounds like an interesting machine.

Terry
Nosralt
Nosralt

Back to top Go down

Post by pilbarachad Tue 24 Jun 2014, 7:35 pm

I reckon i might come have a look aswell Ray- might be a good machine for the missus. Let us know when your heading out with it.  Very Happy 
pilbarachad
pilbarachad

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 25 Jun 2014, 6:17 am

Just for anyone in the Perth metro area, Reeds Prospecting are having an sdc2300 Launch this weekend, Saturday 28/6 9am to 4pm
and Sunday 29/6 11am to 3pm, you can have a look and try one out, and also sausage sizzle etc

Not trying to hijack you thread Ray but K-Towns a bit far to go for a look.

au-fever

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 27 Jun 2014, 1:36 pm

WELL --ITS ARRIVED IN MY SHOP--YEP THE SDC2300--COMPACT -LIGHTWEIGHT AND READY TO GO

Cant ask for more than that--i have heard a bit of negative critism and i can tell u they dont know what the heck they have been talking about---lucky enough its not in our part of the world--

so come on down and ask nicely and u can take it for a play--dead easy to use---

regards
oneday

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 27 Jun 2014, 5:44 pm

ITS HEADING OUT to the nickol flats tomorrow Sat 27-6-14 about 9am so here goes..
couple of boys will check out the salt mode just to see how good that feature works--batteries all charged up--

will give the boys a video camera but theres no promise they will get it to work..but hoping..

regards
oneday

Back to top Go down

Post by driller Fri 27 Jun 2014, 7:55 pm

Very interested to hear how it goes on the salt flats

Driller

driller

Back to top Go down

Post by Bignuggs Fri 27 Jun 2014, 8:25 pm

Give them a camera that works. I wanna see this in action.
This could be very interesting. Pity ya haven't got an ATX going at the same time to see what happens with the response of both machines going over a target.
I gotta felling the ML will do better but thats just my opinion.

Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nosralt Fri 27 Jun 2014, 8:52 pm

Cliff
Ill let you all know how it goes as Im one of them going out with it in the morning.

Terry
Nosralt
Nosralt

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 28 Jun 2014, 7:57 am

from what i gather from a couple of people that have a Garret ATX and their comment was that they were of little use on the salt..

well this thing should work really well at the nickol and the real test will come when we take it out and try it on the CRAB HOLE country were every other machine has failed to date.

There are quiet a few patches that are surrounded with crab hole and there has been gold taken on the hard --snake root country..we r so lucky in the PILBRA--

Regards
Oneday

Back to top Go down

Post by pilbarachad Sat 28 Jun 2014, 5:06 pm

oneday wrote:ITS HEADING OUT to the nickol flats tomorrow Sat 27-6-14 about 9am so here goes..
couple of boys will check out the salt mode just to see how good that feature works--batteries all charged up--

will give the boys a video camera but theres no promise they will get it to work..but hoping..

regards
oneday

Spewin i didnt see this yesterday! Cant wait to hear how it went.
pilbarachad
pilbarachad

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 29 Jun 2014, 1:43 pm

I think the boys have done a runner--cant contact them or get my detector back--

good one--

regards
oneday

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 29 Jun 2014, 1:53 pm

at least we got a feed of red claw again but the numbers and size are thining due to the amount of people going out there..

but its still a good feed.

regards
oneday

Back to top Go down

Post by Nosralt Sun 29 Jun 2014, 2:24 pm

HAHA... dont worry Ray Im sure he will return it... maybe hes giving it another go today.

But anyways thanks for the trial yesterday.
I found it fairly stable on the salt, it even found me the only gold for the day, a .2 grammer just under the surface. then we moved to another area and was told, theres no trash around here.. then proceeded to pick up the tiniest specks of metal.
I also found it gets a little heavy after awhile.. but that could be because Im used to a bungystrap.
I also noted that the extension lead on the headphones is a little short as each time you set the machine down next to the hole, it would pull back at you.. so I ended up just having to shorten the shaft each time.
Also the detector should have better protection on the bottom to protect it, from being set on the ground when your checking a target.

In general though, i think it might be a great little detector for someone.
I liked how small it folded up for transport.. you could even put it in you bag for someone doing FIFO.

You should trial it out where you had the dryblower, as you know theres small good there to see how good it is.

Oh and the nugget that the other machines wouldnt detect.. this one did and was a good clear signal.

Cheers
Terry
Nosralt
Nosralt

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 29 Jun 2014, 4:59 pm

there u go Jase--that Kalgoolie nugget was nailed by the sdc2300 so by the sounds of it --shes a very good machine to definetly clean up a patch with..

and to find gold on a hammered patch like the salt flats well that speaks for itself.

easy to operate and fold away..

must admit the battery recharger is one of the best on the market since it will recharge all batteries from AA--through to 9v tongue ticklers..240v and 12v charger--

weight might be a factor for a women with wrist or arm problems however I think a simple bungy cord around the shaft will rectify that problem..

regards
oneday

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 30 Jun 2014, 1:28 am

good machine for the person who would also like to dabble and accompany someone who may have a GPX--wives-friends etc.

will get another one to test the working range of both detectors --that is 2 detectors within a few meters of each other..

also a belt clip with 4 spare batteries would b a necessity -- nothing worst than being a couple of ks away and the machine goes into limp mode..due to a lack of power.

regards
oneday

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 30 Jun 2014, 8:32 pm

a couple of issues that will be addressed by Minelab--

1) the head phone cable is far to short--u drag the machine everytime u go to dig a hole etc..

2) it needs a cover over the guts of the machine coz its getting scratched--very easily--

3) it finds gold very easily and u don't necessary have to be in salt mode by all accounts..

4) if weight is a factor then u can easily slip a bungy cord over the detector to the clip of your GPX harness--I have spare harnesses for sale if anyone wants them--

just a couple of pointers

regards
oneday

Back to top Go down

Post by Nosralt Mon 30 Jun 2014, 9:02 pm

It would be great if they do fix those couple issues Ray..

What really impressed me was it picking up signal on the nugget that the 4500 couldnt.

Terry
Nosralt
Nosralt

Back to top Go down

Post by K town swinger Mon 30 Jun 2014, 11:48 pm

Used the 2300 today on the salt absolutely awesome machine. Will put up a report tomorrow. Thanks to Ray for the test run.

K town swinger

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next