Detecting West Australian Gold
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Not a bad read on WA mining in general

2 posters

Go down

Not a bad read on WA mining in general Empty Not a bad read on WA mining in general

Post by Guest Fri 27 Sep 2013, 8:14 pm

Here's an interesting few pages on WA, gold, mining and aborigines. I found it only the others when I was looking for something else. The bit about indijs is so true - "Why dig it up, leave some for tommorah, bloke". It seems to be kosher as I know some of the names personally and that is the way they think. There's several pages to be read,,,,,,,at the bottom of each page.

http://griffithreview.com/edition-28-still-the-lucky-country/tears-of-the-sun

Cat

Back to top Go down

Not a bad read on WA mining in general Empty Re: Not a bad read on WA mining in general

Post by Bignuggs Mon 30 Sep 2013, 1:45 pm

That is very interesting reading and I reckon it supports my argument that governments and companies don't give a damn as long as they can keep digging bloody great holes.
Is WA nothing more than a mine for the world, I think so. And one day, Kalgoorlie/Boulder will be lost when the super pit moves west.

Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Not a bad read on WA mining in general Empty Re: Not a bad read on WA mining in general

Post by AnnieL Tue 01 Oct 2013, 1:30 pm

Agree - it was a good read.  Times changed for the old miners and it looks like it will change for the new big mines - forecasting the Super Pit to close in 2021.

Annie

AnnieL

Back to top Go down

Post by Bignuggs Tue 01 Oct 2013, 8:36 pm

For those who haven't seen this and a reminder to those who have seen it before.
This ground is now covered by the likes of Bunnings, other businesses and houses. The old timers did their digging to the 10 feet rule but can you imagine what is further down.
Apparently the Hill is a protected and sacred site for the local aboriginal people but how much longer will it stay that way. The owners of the Superpit have always wanted to push west.
Lets hope the people of Kal/Boulder stop them. Let's stop the greed.

http://www.detectingwestaustraliangold.com/t1339-imagine-being-1st-on-here-with-a-detector

Cheers
Cliff

Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 02 Oct 2013, 12:29 pm

Greed is good u just gotta know how to play the game..its not real hard.

U just might fall on ya feet--who knows.

regards
oneday

Back to top Go down

Post by Bignuggs Wed 02 Oct 2013, 7:07 pm

There's a big difference between building wealth and greed.
Everyone wants to be wealthy and we all have aspirations of reaching that goal. Only a select few attain that goal.
But when greed is introduced, it only creates animosity.
You only have to take a gander at a certain business man and a certain new political party or a certain woman and a mining empire.
I only admire people who did the hard yards to attain their wealth, not wheelers and dealers who went out of their way to screw people.

Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down