Detecting West Australian Gold
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

gettin fit befor headin out

+2
Nosralt
reg
6 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

gettin fit befor headin out - Page 2 Empty gettin fit befor headin out

Post by Guest Sun 24 Mar 2013, 5:53 pm

First topic message reminder :

Yep u heard right--how many of us go bush wearing a beer gut or two--
well heres a get fit video u will aspire to..
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vruJVx5CNvo
regards
oneday

Back to top Go down

gettin fit befor headin out - Page 2 Empty Re: gettin fit befor headin out

Post by Bignuggs Sat 30 Mar 2013, 4:58 pm

Yep, here's the guys exercising and getting ready for the detecting season and is that Doc Albo on the end with the miners hat on, not sure about the rest of them gettin fit befor headin out - Page 2 3179412840
Sorry albo, it had to be done lol!

Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by albo Sat 30 Mar 2013, 5:05 pm

Had to look close Cliff but hes wearing Colliwood colours , cant be me mate lol!
albo
albo

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 30 Mar 2013, 5:09 pm

Albo,

Your line of thought about the gym is exactly how I used to think - the gym is for pussies, posers and hairdressers! I smoked 40 a day, drank like a fish, my favourite food was a cheeseburger or a bacon sarnie.

THEN I had a heart attack. The quack said I recognised the signs unusually quickly and got to hospital with 20 minutes. Most people don't and they die. He told me that because of where the blockage was located. Such a blockage was called "The Widow Maker". They don't come in worse places apparently. I had another 20 minutes left on this Earth.

It put me out of business for nearly a year and after that I started at the gym. I was amazed at how unfit and weak I was. But I was even more amazed at how fantastic I felt after only three (rather painful) sessions at the gym. Once you get your fitness up there it doesn't take much to keep it up. I could do more at the gym but I have "a life" in which I get things done. The gym sessions twice or three times a week help me enjoy it more.

If I stopped going I really reckon I couldn't cope with the prospecting that I do now. That would all be over. So I stick with it and I reckon I've got another ten years at it now.

Cat

Back to top Go down

gettin fit befor headin out - Page 2 Empty gettin fit befor headin out

Post by albo Sat 30 Mar 2013, 5:29 pm

yea with ya cat , myself i work 12 hours a day atm on the floor as a fitter & keeping up with the young blokes pace keeps the fitness & mobility up , i do get what your saying , if youve been on the lounge for a bit then head out esp the pilbara hills straight off , you feel it , first week sore 2nd week better 3rd week hungover lol!
Well dont overdo it cat esp after a heart attack , knock it back a gear mate when you feel like it, some times iv got it in reverse with the handbrake on lol!
DOC ALBO
bachelor of stubbies

use plenty of krill oil capsuals also
albo
albo

Back to top Go down

Post by Bignuggs Sat 30 Mar 2013, 5:57 pm

Are we getting serious here ? thats ok. Genetics plays a big part of YOU the person. Life expectancy can always be gauged by looking at your great grand parents, your grand parents and your parents from both sides of your family. You don't have to take my word for it.
Exercise all you like if that's what you want to do, I got no complaint with it but if you have a fair idea of your life span, then live life to the full. We only got one chance at. Enjoy what you got coz that's it.
Me, I'll be lucky to see 80, it's the story of the family gene pool so enuff of this serious stuff. Enjoy life.
I've been in training for the September meet up. Smoking 50 a day and drinking lots of this.
Now I need another beer.

gettin fit befor headin out - Page 2 Img_0324

Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by albo Sat 30 Mar 2013, 6:28 pm

genetics & species you are right Cliff , in mamals , lets pick dogs, small dogs like foxies poodles can live happily to 13- 15 years where the larger of the species labradors , shepherds , rotties go 8-11 years -usall.

Being a white pigmee , our family lot hits the 90s & both grand dads smoked n drank & lived life to the fullest.

if the barstards can avoid Fukashima type pollution & war il be giving your dewag grandkids shite for another 40 years

DOC ALBO
bachelor of stubbies.
albo
albo

Back to top Go down

Post by Bignuggs Sat 30 Mar 2013, 6:30 pm

Okie Dokie Razz Now let's all exercise lol!

Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by albo Sat 30 Mar 2013, 6:49 pm

love it Cliff , when i was working u/ground & at the morning meeting muster , room full of 100 blokes or so , the gym fittnes chick would have us all do stretches ... one time it came to stand still & raise one knee slowly standing on one leg.... anyhow 2 blokes had a great fall ... p*ssed. bretho .2 & out , window seat , they forgot to hold onto a chair like me Wink
albo
albo

Back to top Go down

Post by Bignuggs Sat 30 Mar 2013, 6:58 pm

Now there's a new subject, dogs. I've been called one many times Razz and if it's true then I'm 420 years young (I think it's 7 to 1).
Pure bred dogs, forget them, they don't last coz it's been bred out of them. Get ya self a mongrel (I've been called that lotsa times also lol! ), they live longer.

Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 30 Mar 2013, 7:10 pm

Yeah, take the piss outta me all you like. I know that 8 years ago, I was gonna give prospecting away as I just couldn't put the hours in that are required to get any worthwile gold. I was too tired and just not up to it. In fact, it was only the missus and oddly enough, the heart attack that forced me to change the way I was living so that I could continue doing what I loved - prospecting. I'm not here to lecture anyone, I'm just telling you that I feel years younger than I did when I was 55 and I'm now 65. I still have at least three beers a day, every day, 7 days a week and I enjoy food like the supermarkets are gonna be closed for a year.

Years ago, I reckoned I could "carry" being a smoker, I could "carry" not being fit, I could "carry" a bit of weight. I'm still overweight but the ironic part now is that I'm fit enough to "carry" it!!! That takes some figuring out I know, a bit of a conundrum, but I feel that much better. Less tired, more energy and I can do a more in a prospecting day than I ever could since I was 45 years old. I'm even back to doing my own tyres! 8 years ago I was just hanging around getting bored as the Pink Floyd song goes, " Another day older and one day shorter of breath,,,,,,,, another day older and one day closer to death". The tune is called "Time". Good song that, very true and worth a listen.

Cat

Back to top Go down

gettin fit befor headin out - Page 2 Empty Re: How Secretive?

Post by albo Sat 30 Mar 2013, 7:32 pm

yep cat , been known to do a bit of crosspolination meself , all for it :afro:
albo
albo

Back to top Go down

Post by Bignuggs Sat 30 Mar 2013, 7:34 pm

Cat, we aren't taking the piss outa ya but it's called choice. Even I do some weight stuff now and again (got the gear at home) and I do enuff walking everyday so I reckon I get enuff exercise.
I work in an office but a step counter has told me I walk something like 5 k's a day inside a building not counting the walking outside and that's not taking into account the manual labour stuff ya gotta do at home.
I think what we are saying is, if you want to go to a gym, then go. But don't show us pics of you wearing lycra and singing YMCA gettin fit befor headin out - Page 2 3179412840
We are just having a bit of fun here Very Happy or maybe not Suspect lol!

Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by albo Sat 30 Mar 2013, 7:44 pm

Iv reread the posts , no ones takin the pis , only of ourselves Cat , 420 divided by 7 equals 60 .. happy birthday brother & its good to hear your posts , really , i m not flash on the pewter & if theres any info tech stuff like ,you are the man , so dont get sooky lala...... are no ive just cracked a rum can , so il put on my boxing gloves to inhibit any drunken posts , bye for now & have a great easter .albo
albo
albo

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 30 Mar 2013, 8:44 pm

try this one--
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XiOcW_YR1G8

hope i dont fall off the bloody perch befor i meet a couple of u--

regards
oneday

Back to top Go down

Post by Bignuggs Sat 30 Mar 2013, 8:58 pm

Bugger, I started to early on the bundy. I'll be silent now Evil or Very Mad NOT

but if you need to talk about a good dog, I'll join in Very Happy

Was thinkin of gettin a german shepherd when I retire, not sure about that now. Maybe crossed with a Rottweiller, now that would be a dog Twisted Evil

Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 30 Mar 2013, 9:03 pm

WHEN U retire u will be flat out feedin yaself let alone some big mungrel dog like a rotty..jack russel would suit ya..eat a sausage a day and happy.. lol!

regards
oneday

Back to top Go down

Post by Bignuggs Sat 30 Mar 2013, 9:10 pm

Ha Ha jack russell lol! I need somethin bigger than that in my area gettin fit befor headin out - Page 2 3179412840 I've had enuff of being broken into Twisted Evil

Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by albo Sat 30 Mar 2013, 9:31 pm

hi Ray , whats this fallin off the perch carry on , anyway iv got thoughts of heading your way to visit some itinerans up there as well, il go 2 up in the mates truck just for fun & give him a hand one of these breaks, kenworth triple just for joy & make a point of seeing you . Whitehurst TPT , Nigel , does 1-3 trips to KTown Headland per week ex Geraldton ,does Perth & up now & again . If you need any goods tpt either way pm me & il forward his number.

Cheers Albo
Minister of NW WA TPT lol!
albo
albo

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 30 Mar 2013, 9:45 pm

give me a call mate --always got a few coldies at the workshop--usually there till about 5.30 unless the Repco team come around and then its 6.30..

regards
oneday

Back to top Go down

Post by albo Sat 30 Mar 2013, 9:53 pm

Hi Cliff yep talking dogs , cant have one atm , moving about all the time , but id like to get hold of a nw dingo pup one day , smart ,quiet , dont bark , only howl now & then ........ um was this dogs or the perfect woman
albo
albo

Back to top Go down

Post by albo Sat 30 Mar 2013, 9:56 pm

Cheers Ray give you a call before i go
albo
albo

Back to top Go down

Post by Bignuggs Sat 30 Mar 2013, 10:37 pm

I've also lost track here a bit this arvo but I never call ladies dogs, NEVER. If it wasn't for the luvly ladies, we wouldn't be here. Treat them with respect, they deserve it (hard to get along with Suspect ) but never let them near ya detector.
They is good at finding gold Razz I'm gunna cop a heap of Cr*p for saying that gettin fit befor headin out - Page 2 3179412840

Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by albo Sat 30 Mar 2013, 11:02 pm

Sorry Cliff i had the resounding nagging of my ex still resignating in my ears like tinninus & it wasnt about females likeness to being a dog it was more of resposibilities if you have a missus , is the same as having a dog in regards to , meaning, you dont have complete freedom & go anywhere as situations change with no fuss, ...... are bugger it im digging a hole here , im sure the happy bachelors get it any way...having said that, um females are good if they live up the road & visit now n again.
albo
albo

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 30 Mar 2013, 11:13 pm

trust me --some of u blokes need to be batchelors --just like some women need to be splinters..something like that..

regards
oneday

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 30 Mar 2013, 11:16 pm

the thing we most desire--
a good night sleep, peace and quite.. whgirt

regards
oneday

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content