Detecting West Australian Gold
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Imagine Being 1st On Here With a Detector

+3
Flying kiwi
Bignuggs
Someday
7 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Imagine Being 1st On Here With  a Detector - Page 2 Empty Imagine Being 1st On Here With a Detector

Post by Guest Sun 29 Apr 2012, 5:18 pm

First topic message reminder :

Not sure just where abouts this was in WA but imagine being the 1st on here with a detector Very Happy eafgh Imagine Being 1st On Here With  a Detector - Page 2 3273188554 :.10: wegr
Could be Mount Charlotte in the background.

Imagine Being 1st On Here With  a Detector - Page 2 01903310

Back to top Go down

Imagine Being 1st On Here With  a Detector - Page 2 Empty Re: Imagine Being 1st On Here With a Detector

Post by Bignuggs Wed 25 Jul 2012, 8:34 pm

Sorry scratchin, but if you look in the middle of the photo is the post office spire on Hannan street. Mt Gledden is a bit further south down the bypass road.
That photo was taken a bit north of the top of Hannan st.
Bignuggs
Bignuggs
Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Imagine Being 1st On Here With  a Detector - Page 2 Empty Re: Imagine Being 1st On Here With a Detector

Post by scratchin Wed 25 Jul 2012, 8:56 pm

No worries Bignuggs just bought this book called "LIFE ON THE AUSTRALIAN GOLDFIELDS" by Derrick I. Stone Sue Mackinnon
and had a picture that look very similar

scratchin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 25 Jul 2012, 9:06 pm

Yeah i reckon that photo is taken from Mt Charlotte, thats the empty
block in front where all Cliffs girls wait for his return these days Razz

Pete

Back to top Go down

Post by Bignuggs Thu 26 Jul 2012, 6:31 pm

Leave my girls alone, stop pickin on em Razz at least they save a can for me on dole day :rolf:
Bignuggs
Bignuggs
Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 26 Jul 2012, 6:47 pm

Yeah but what ya gonna do with all the extra single thongs ya
stuck wif ay Razz
Just use the "Carrot/thong on a stick" method to get em movin. lol!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 27 Jul 2012, 10:17 am

Top work Cliff n Pete!
That Pic was stuck in the back of my head for a few months now.
Must have been a flukey guess by me that the gold was fairly deep.
Just goes to show I have stored something in that sludgey grey patch between me ears,over the past 10 years wandering the old workings Razz

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 27 Jul 2012, 11:11 am

Funny thing is, i can remember stuff and places that went on back in the 1800's but not whats for dinner 5 minutes after asking cooky lol!

Back to top Go down

Post by goldpan Fri 27 Jul 2012, 6:10 pm

Bignuggs wrote:it gets better all the time, yeah right. It has now been suggested it is what is called Maritana Hill/Nannygoat Hill but maybe called Mt Gledden. Where ever that photo was taken, that alluvial field extends underneath the town of Kalgoorlie.

Imagine Being 1st On Here With  a Detector - Page 2 Google10

Awesome followup guys! a good read indeed.

I can see my house from this sattelite image on Hanbury st......Think i might start that Backyard renovation..... Shocked

goldpan

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 27 Jul 2012, 6:23 pm

night vision goggles sounds better Razz

Back to top Go down

Post by Bignuggs Fri 09 Aug 2013, 9:14 pm

A lot of our new members would never have seen this.  It's all about research and we chased a  bloody hill  lol! 
I have never ending gratitude to the People from EGHS who put their time into this and video clip they supplied.

Cheers
Cliff
Bignuggs
Bignuggs
Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 10 Aug 2013, 9:59 am

I'm always mildly irritated when people talk about Paddy Hannan "finding Kalgoorlie". Paddy was travelling with two other prospectors out of Coolgardie. One of whom was Daniel O'Shea, the other I can't remember. It was O'Shea that found the first nugget just on the surface, near Mt Charlotte, where the "T" junction is today. However, they needed to "peg" the claim back in Southern Cross as that was the nearest place that had a Mining Warden and an office. As Hannan was the only one that could read & write, it was he that shot off to Southern Cross to register the claim and it was he that got the rewards of recognition and ultimately, an Australian pension just before he died.

Old Dan O'Shea & his mate back in Kalgoorlie got SFA.

Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Bignuggs Sat 10 Aug 2013, 10:41 am

Thomas Flanagan is the other man and ya right Cat but unfortunately people only remember Paddy.

http://www.wanowandthen.com/Patrick-Hannan.html

Bignuggs
Bignuggs
Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2