Detecting West Australian Gold
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

simple detectors

Go down

simple detectors Empty simple detectors

Post by big chop Wed 30 Nov 2011, 6:35 am

does anyone have or used some of the minelab ''simple'' detector like the eureka and e trac are they worth a look or not.
cheers lochie
big chop
big chop

Back to top Go down

simple detectors Empty Re: simple detectors

Post by Guest Wed 30 Nov 2011, 11:23 am

Lochie

Ive used the Eureka gold years ago while looking for small gold in quiet ground, they are a good machine
but being a VLF machine they suffer very badly from ground noise even more so here than anywhere in Aus,
WA is Pulse induction country or stay home Twisted Evil

The E Trac is a very good detector also it runs on FBS or "full band spectrum" which in laymans terms
means it runs many frequency's at the same time.
You can dial in the exact target "ie" $1 $2 or 20c coin you wish to find and they will knock out all other
targets based on their conductivity values, quiet simply the E Trac is the worlds best coin and relic detector
but not much cop on the goldfields, again due to the dreaded ironstone mineralisation effects on it

A couple of years ago at a Minelab Dealers Conference they had a demo for the dealers on how to dial
in a specific target on the E Trac and i was like Homer Simpson after 30 seconds, Razz i drifted off into la-la
land.. Razz

simple detectors Homers10

But I gotta say i would love an E Trac for my coin and relic hunting side line Very Happy

Pete Cool

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 30 Nov 2011, 3:19 pm

G'day Lochie, I was going to buy an etrac but when I looked inot it it got confusing, plugging it into the computer etc etc to program it. Shocked

I decided to go for the sovereign GT instead, glad I did!! simple dial settings not confustlamacated digital screens.
Goes not too bad on the goldfield in those trash area's (not dedicated gold machine of course), and fantastic in the park/beach as well. The sovgt also has the ability to knock out all targets (even gold) and cheery pick those $1 & $2 coins Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by big chop Wed 30 Nov 2011, 8:07 pm

is their a cheap gold detector?
big chop
big chop

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 02 Dec 2011, 6:52 am

big chop wrote:is their a cheap gold detector?

I think u may as well take ya dog for a walk in the bush as take an el cheapo detector for a walk. Both will give ya some exercise which is good.

get a good 1 before it's 2L8M8

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 02 Dec 2011, 9:10 am

big chop wrote:is their a cheap gold detector?

What do you call cheap?

Maybe look at the SD series detectors

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down