Detecting West Australian Gold
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

detectors

4 posters

Go down

detectors Empty detectors

Post by papoutsi Tue 09 Jul 2013, 5:01 pm

Hi guys just wondering is anyone using whites or garrett detectors ?
I understand minelab is the predominant one that people use but hoping to hear if anyone is trying other detectors , love to hear your views ? Thanks Pap

papoutsi

Back to top Go down

detectors Empty Re: detectors

Post by NuggieDreamer Sat 03 Aug 2013, 11:33 am

Only have used a Garret Pinpointer, keep battery fresh for best results.
Got the wifey a Fisher Gold Bug 2, reputation as deadly on shallow fine bits, light as hell and simple to use.
NuggieDreamer
NuggieDreamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 04 Aug 2013, 6:45 pm

I've just spent two weeks bulldozing on a patch that was all "species" and no nuggets. 50 odd ounces were found on this patch before I had the opportunity to peg it and push it. There was nothing at depth, it was all on top. But we did find about 8 biggish species that were missed and they were quite heavy with gold,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,only one of which gave any signal at all on 4500 or a 5000. We had to buy a Whites GM2 to get what we got. The species screamed on the Whites but absolutely, zilch, nothing, naff all, bugger all signal with a Minelab.

Pictures soon when I get a minute from mowing the weeds of 5 months away from the garden.

Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by K town swinger Mon 05 Aug 2013, 8:05 pm

Hi Cat very interesting in what your saying about the whites detector picking up species that the minelab won, t hear . That reef outcrop that I sent you the photos has been pushed and pushed wrong they went against the reef instead of with it.Still managed afew more off it after the push but the slithers of whatever blade they used drove me crazy.Found another outcrop a couple of weeks ago that gave up 7.5oz mostly species and am heading back out shortly with a mate who has a whites so hopefully will see what the 5k left behind if not your 15 tonnes of yelllow might be the go.Have fun with the weeds mate.tongue 

K town swinger

Back to top Go down

Post by pilbarachad Mon 05 Aug 2013, 8:29 pm

Caterpillar wrote:I've just spent two weeks bulldozing on a patch that was all "species" and no nuggets. 50 odd ounces were found on this patch before I had the opportunity to peg it and push it. There was nothing at depth, it was all on top. But we did find about 8 biggish species that were missed and they were quite heavy with gold,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,only one of which gave any signal at all on 4500 or a 5000. We had to buy a Whites GM2 to get what we got. The species screamed on the Whites but absolutely, zilch, nothing, naff all, bugger all signal with a Minelab.

Pictures soon when I get a minute from mowing the weeds of 5 months away from the garden.

Cat

Very interesting cat- im curious about how big these species are that the minelabs are missing, are we just talking sub gram gold content or bigger??? looking forward to the pics.
pilbarachad
pilbarachad

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum