Detecting West Australian Gold
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

old and new detectors.

2 posters

Go down

old and new detectors. Empty old and new detectors.

Post by TROT Thu 05 Nov 2020, 5:04 pm

As stated before i've only been doing the detecting thing for a few weeks. I have a GM1000 and an old whites gold master from the 90's. Fellow detector Trinket suggested I look at "pulse induction detectors " what ever they are? just the name sounds Expensive. Are there gold detectors old or new out there that won't break the bank or make your heart miss a beat when you see the price. Any advise and help would be appreciated.

Trot jkihyig

TROT

Back to top Go down

old and new detectors. Empty Re: old and new detectors.

Post by Flouro Fri 06 Nov 2020, 3:26 pm

Hi Trot,

Gee!!!!!!, where have you been for the last 30yrs...the Minelab revolution has come and just about gone and you wanna go prospecting

Well i wont burst your bubble BUT a GPX or better(later model) is reqd these days as every other machine dont really cut the mustard...the gold from old existing patches have been gleaned almost to the point of not worth doing them anymore

There is hope in that new patches can be still found out there with due dillagence and by that i meen a lot of hard work and equipment to allow you be out there for most of the season which to me is April to September

I wish you well in your endeavours but do your research and spend wisely

Ron

Flouro

Back to top Go down

Post by TROT Fri 06 Nov 2020, 3:43 pm

Thanks Flouro, If you just heard a big bang that was my bubble bursting. I will continue searching as I love the isolation in the bush and the odd things you see and find.

Trot

TROT

Back to top Go down

Post by Flouro Fri 06 Nov 2020, 7:02 pm

Hi Trot,

Nah, dont give up so easily, you have started on this adventure of ours that brings us all a lot of pleasure its just not as easy as it was , as new detectors brought out new gold to be found which has just about run its course

As i said there is plenty out there still to be found, my brother has found "several"ounces over the last couple of years and we have found a few to pay the bills

Research, good detectors and all the equipment to go with the lifestyle a bit of hard work and a bit of luck and you never know what you will walk into

Ron

Flouro

Back to top Go down

Post by TROT Sat 07 Nov 2020, 5:57 am

Hi Flouro,

I'm far from quitting. I guess frustration is part of the learning curve alone with the ups and downs of detecting. Having just spent Three weeks in the bush I learnt a lot about the ground, detecting where to detect and where not to detect. Prospecting is a bit like a rollercoaster ride, Up, down, turns and curves and in the end we want to stay on the ride and do it all again.

Thanks
Trot

TROT

Back to top Go down

Post by Flouro Sat 07 Nov 2020, 7:25 am

Hi Trot,

I recommend you get yourself a GPX 4500 or GPX 5000, some would say an SDC but the SDC is limited

The resale value is always there with these machines they are made by minelab and you would be glad you didnt buy anything else as they do not compete

You will need a small coil 8"-12" dia. for small shallow gold, some people never take off their small coil as that is all they chase and you will need a 14"-18" for anything bigger deeper or for patch finding

Me, i never take off my 14" Coiltek flat wound Camo coil and it never fails me, some i know will use the 18" full time, so it depends on what you expect to find

If your serious about this hobby Minelab is the way to go as others are locked out because of patents and will probably never get to their level

The cost of a GPX would start around $3500 up to $6500 and the models are the 4000, 4500 and 5000 with a new 6500 in the pipeline...the SDC $4500 #

There are counterfeits out there so do your homework and make sure the paperwork is there or you are damn sure its not a copy

There sre modded machines out there and i use one and wouldnt part with it for anything but i wouldnt recommend you go down that path as Minelab will not fix these machines, they have to be sent back to whom ever did it

Cheers,Ron

Flouro

Back to top Go down

Post by TROT Sat 07 Nov 2020, 2:30 pm

Thanks flouro.

Now I have some information I can work with. All the best and have a good christmas.

Trot

TROT

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down