Detecting West Australian Gold
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

First trip to the goldfields

3 posters

Go down

First trip to the goldfields Empty First trip to the goldfields

Post by gcause Mon 12 Mar 2012, 6:14 pm

Went for my first trip to the goldfields at Glendon Camping Grounds, Warwick.

I met Trevor and Helen the owners of the camping grounds, they were very friendly and helpful.

I then was introduced by Trevor to Bruce (Landy) and Mark (markvd) and arranged to go out with Bruce to his secret gold patch Shocked for a lesson in gold panning and a bit of detecting to try out my home made metal detector.

Bruce was a font of knowledge which he shared freely, he also gave me a small bottle with the gold he found in it while he was teaching me.

Both Bruce and Mark are great fellows and it was a great day out. I can highly recommend Bruce's training to anyone keen to learn how to prosepect for Gold. I know I will be going out there again. Very Happy
gcause
gcause

Back to top Go down

First trip to the goldfields Empty Re: First trip to the goldfields

Post by Bignuggs Mon 12 Mar 2012, 6:28 pm

Good stuff, it's all about sharing your knowledge. How did your detector perform ?
Bignuggs
Bignuggs
Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by gcause Mon 12 Mar 2012, 6:48 pm

Looks like it might be a good relic and coin hunting machine as it found plenty of junk but Bruce put a 1.5g piece of gold on an upside down gold plan and it had trouble picking that up initially, he later moved it away from the 4wd and then it picked it up just fine.

I thought I was onto a real target at one stage but it turned out to be highly mineralised ground. Interstingly my detector was going off on it but Bruce's bounty hunter didnt pick it up.
gcause
gcause

Back to top Go down

First trip to the goldfields Empty hey there

Post by madmav Mon 12 Mar 2012, 6:49 pm

hey there fellow Brisbanites, Bruce is indeed a great guy with a wealth of knowledge and a willing disposition to pass on that info,,, hope to catch up with you some time in the hinterland

happy hunting
Steve and Lea
madmav
madmav

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down