Detecting West Australian Gold
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Yalgoo trip

+4
NuggieDreamer
gold n beer
BIG GEM
martinjsto
8 posters

Go down

Yalgoo trip Empty Yalgoo trip

Post by martinjsto Sun 02 Apr 2017, 7:22 pm

Hi all.
Im off to Yalgoo Tomorrow or Tuesday till weekend, got 3 spots some on some interesting ground away from all the green i want to explore.
Anyone wanting to tag along let me know and we can meet up. Not sure if i will have reception out there.
Martin

martinjsto
Forum Admin

rustyhooks likes this post

Back to top Go down

Yalgoo trip Empty Re: Yalgoo trip

Post by BIG GEM Mon 03 Apr 2017, 10:17 am

Thanks for offer Martin, flat out at the moment but keep safe and find plenty of gold.

Bob & Joan

BIG GEM

Back to top Go down

Post by martinjsto Mon 03 Apr 2017, 11:01 am

no worries Bob and Joan, lots of trips this year so plenty of time to catch up. we will see you all soon anyway and plan the season out.
Martin and Kas.

martinjsto
Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by gold n beer Mon 03 Apr 2017, 3:21 pm

hey Martin
i was checking out some ground out that way a few days ago, i'm only available from Friday to Sunday but and sounds like you will be gone by then.
i had couple place's in mind so i might head the other way to SX and check out some pending if i can find someone to drag along.
all the best mate
jase
gold n beer
gold n beer

Back to top Go down

Post by martinjsto Mon 03 Apr 2017, 4:50 pm

hey Jase, i am flexible on time buddy so could meet you out there friday and come back sunday. your call buddy, I wouldnt mind hitting SX area but its too far for a few days for us. I will prob head off tomorrow but i got plenty of places to check out b4 hand if you come up. my number is 0433818948.
cheers Jase
martin

martinjsto
Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by martinjsto Sat 22 Apr 2017, 8:05 pm

well the yalgoo trip turned out not so good on the gold front. i had to return home after only 2 days due to rolling my ankle on rocky ground. luckily no real damage and all good again with a few days rest at home. we are currently in Cascade 100km N/E of esperance and have been staying with our daughter for the week but we are heading off tomorrow north towards Norseman then onto kal and wherever the tracks take us over the next 2 weeks so if anyone wants to catch up give me ahoy on 0433818948 or on here and we will arrange to meet up.
good hunting everyone.
Martin and Karen

martinjsto
Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by NuggieDreamer Sun 23 Apr 2017, 3:21 pm

Yalgoo was a bum out for Cliff and I too last week (should have camped on it for more time, but there's some lease holder who thinks they are allowed to lock gates and we lost lots of time finding a way in and decided to camp up in town.) I wish you better luck on your travels east, but just leave some for us at the muster please.
NuggieDreamer
NuggieDreamer

Back to top Go down

Post by gold n beer Mon 24 Apr 2017, 1:30 pm

the old locked gate trick ay!!
i had arranged for that mob to unlock the gate a year or so ago, but they were the mongrels that said no camping coz they are close to the van park.
as it was i didn't end up going due to a couple people pulling out.
if it's the same gate there excuse was there is a camp further up the track from a old exploration mob and some locals had been in their smashing it up.
did you pass the sign saying no camping prospecting or shooting
gold n beer
gold n beer

BoB likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Bignuggs Mon 24 Apr 2017, 5:22 pm

you mean this sign plus a few others.  And I didn't get a photo of the big sign back on the bitumen near the cattle grid.  Kalgoorlie DMP office are handling this now so maybe the idiot pastoral lease holder will get a boot for it.
and there's a dead dog at the gate.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by gold n beer Tue 25 Apr 2017, 5:57 am

that's the one Cliff
bloody bummer when you cannot get to where ya want to go because of the PLH not playing the game
gold n beer
gold n beer

Back to top Go down

Post by martinjsto Wed 26 Apr 2017, 3:30 pm

and they wonder why their gate locks are cut or their fences are pushed over. seems everywhere you go now is fenced and trying to find a way in is becoming a slippery path. we can only hope the DMP will act and maybe make an example of them. IMO if they cannot abide by the rules then they should be removed and the lease put into the hands of the ones doing the right thing.

martinjsto
Forum Admin

rustyhooks likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by mada Wed 26 Apr 2017, 7:40 pm

your right there martin it needs to be nipped in the butt before it turns into the extra wild west, with cowboys everywhere.

mada

Back to top Go down

Yalgoo trip Empty Reply with quoteYalgoo trip Empty Re: Yalgoo trip

Post by goldstrijk Mon 02 Mar 2020, 11:14 am

martinjsto wrote:and they wonder why their gate locks are cut or their fences are pushed over. seems everywhere you go now is fenced and trying to find a way in is becoming a slippery path. we can only hope the DMP will act and maybe make an example of them. IMO if they cannot abide by the rules then they should be removed and the lease put into the hands of the ones doing the right thing.

I'm 3 years late on seeing this post, haha
I was there about 5 months ago, obviously nothing had been done about it by DMP because the lock and signs are still the same as they have been for years
The Pastoral leaseholder is a tossa from what I have heard

Goldstrijk

goldstrijk

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrubby Mon 02 Mar 2020, 7:02 pm

If legal access is denied by a locked gate cut the wires of the fence.
Start by cutting the top wire first then third wire then the fifth and so on, cutting those wires in a reasonably vertical line then move a step or so along the fence and cut the remaining wires also in a vertical fashion. Temporary repairs to prevent stock from escaping is just a matter of crossing the wires and joining the long pieces together.

-------------/--1------------------------    
                                                         1 to 2        
       --------------------------2--/-----------      

------------/-3-------------------------
                                                          3 to 4
       --------------------------4--/-----------
                                                           etc ,

Wire cutters are cheap.

Scrubby.

Scrubby

Back to top Go down