Detecting West Australian Gold
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Panning in Perth

Go down

Panning in Perth Empty Panning in Perth

Post by danowner Sun 05 Dec 2021, 11:42 pm

I'm back, it's been a while since I've last been on this site, been busy for the past few years having to be an adult and work full time. I'm going to have a little more time on my hands starting next year, as I'll be studying full time.
I went on a small trip out to Coolgardie back in 2018, where I used my XT 18000 and a hired GPX 5000, from reeds prospecting, didn't have much luck being an ameture prospector, but had a lot of fun regardless, just getting out in the bush, red dirt all over. I also went panning once before, to an open tenement up in Toodyay. Hard to find spots On public land.

I'm curious, does anyone know if the Avon decent/ bells rapid area of the river class as any national Park etc? Or would it be possible and legal to pan for gold there at all? I'm wanting to get back into prospecting and save up for a 4WD + GPZ 7000, but wanting to get a little bit of physical experience. Also wanting to get some exercise in and drop some KG's with some hiking, and I thought what better landscape for hiking + gold panning than the bells rapids area. Up stream from the bells rapids looks like a perfect spot for panning, but is it legal to do so there? Cheers everyone!

danowner

Back to top Go down