Detecting West Australian Gold
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Panning in conjunction to Detecting.

+2
pilbarachad
Flying kiwi
6 posters

Go down

Panning in conjunction to Detecting. Empty Panning in conjunction to Detecting.

Post by Guest Thu 11 Apr 2013, 6:57 am

would be interesting to see how many detector operators actually carry and use a pan to give them the edge in finding gold.

Have been to a few areas that surrendered their gold in the form of nuggets and species yet when we panned the areas--mind u shallow samples--nothing showed up in the pan...

We have areas that are the complete opposite were the area was sampled via a pan and yes --good color--yet hardly any nuggets..this will be a dozer / dryblower area a bit latter on..

so it read to me that everyone who is on a long stay in the bush should always carry and use a pan, plus use a good screen between 2-4mm mesh..

So if u have an area of fine gold I would be interested in doin a deal on it depending on sampling results...so theres more than one way to find a few bucks...PM me

regards
oneday

Back to top Go down

Panning in conjunction to Detecting. Empty Re: Panning in conjunction to Detecting.

Post by Guest Thu 11 Apr 2013, 1:34 pm

Last edited by Yilgarn on Wed 24 Apr 2013, 8:10 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Panning in conjunction to Detecting. Empty Re: Panning in conjunction to Detecting.

Post by Flying kiwi Thu 11 Apr 2013, 3:28 pm

welcome aboard mate the pic in your avitar would suggest you know what you are talking about Cool

Flying kiwi

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 11 Apr 2013, 4:04 pm

Last edited by Yilgarn on Wed 24 Apr 2013, 8:10 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by pilbarachad Thu 11 Apr 2013, 5:44 pm

I occaisionally grab a bucket of dirt when im out detecting to pan off when i get home, im yet to find a single speck that way. I will generally grab it from where i know nuggets have been pulled aswell, youre definately right Ray about nuggets and fines not always being found together.
pilbarachad
pilbarachad

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 11 Apr 2013, 6:20 pm

Last edited by Yilgarn on Wed 24 Apr 2013, 8:09 pm; edited 2 times in total

Back to top Go down

Post by AnthonyV Thu 11 Apr 2013, 6:49 pm

Checked Wamex, downloaded something, hurt my brain, now back to watching this thread in amazement. lweg

Decent looking pan Yilgarn! How much is in it?

AnthonyV

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 11 Apr 2013, 6:51 pm

Last edited by Yilgarn on Wed 24 Apr 2013, 8:09 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 11 Apr 2013, 6:54 pm

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 11 Apr 2013, 6:56 pm

Back to top Go down

Post by AnthonyV Thu 11 Apr 2013, 9:47 pm

Nice work! It does look incredibly fine and uniform in size. I'm sure you put a hell of a lot of effort into getting it.

I did find some geo magnetic/geo physical data close to an area i am interested in. There seems to be quite a lot of info to sift through so thanks very much for the tip.

AnthonyV

Back to top Go down

Post by carms Fri 12 Apr 2013, 10:27 am

im one of those silly buggers that pans the dirt, people look at me when im staying in the van park like im a lunatic...why would you pan they ask? usually I get the wife to pan while im out and she gets plenty of weird looks and comments ..."you wont find anything in there love" etc etc etc . I generally take a soil sample from a few different places when im finding gold in that area bring it home and get the wife to check it, only a couple of times have we located fine gold in an amount that seems viable to either run a dryblower or recirculating sluice etc but one day I think it will pay off! here's hoping!
carms
carms
carms

Back to top Go down

Panning in conjunction to Detecting. Empty Panning in conjunction to Detecting.

Post by albo Fri 12 Apr 2013, 6:06 pm

Hi Ray , i worked once with an old slav bloke in Halls Creek & if we took to some back blocks he would carry 40 litres of extra water just for dishing creeks , as we would move along the side of a range he would test each one ,rake off the rubble in each creek crossing with his pic till he got down to the sticky grey clay & dish it ... no colour keep moving to the next , can save time & detecting for zilch , this method is probly only good for certain areas [high energy rainfall like east pilbara , halls ] as down south in latterite theres colour over large areas, thats why the old timers had bother with it , you see the test holes every where, albo.
Jacob was his name ,passed on now but he was still using a 1500 when the 2200 was out & finding gold ,top bloke .
albo
albo

Back to top Go down

Post by Topcat Fri 12 Apr 2013, 7:28 pm

Get a hold of a book by Sam Cash called 'Loaming For Gold'
It will give you an insight of how most of the major gold finds in
W.A. were found by this method & by him.
Just by using a pan & soil samples.

Ted

HAVE WHEELS WILL TRAVEL
Panning in conjunction to Detecting. Signature
Topcat
Topcat

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down