Detecting West Australian Gold
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Geoview/tablet

4 posters

Go down

Geoview/tablet Empty Geoview/tablet

Post by mada Wed 02 Nov 2016, 7:42 pm

Guys i have geo view on my tablet and the only way to acess it is with internet conection. So why does it have a GPS function on it if its not serviceable out in the field??
Or is there something i am missing??

Last edited by mada on Wed 02 Nov 2016, 10:15 pm; edited 1 time in total

mada

Back to top Go down

Geoview/tablet Empty Re: Geoview/tablet

Post by IsmaelJ Wed 02 Nov 2016, 8:34 pm

mada wrote:Guys i have geo view on my tablet and the only way to acess it is with internet conection. So why does it have a GPS function on it if its not serviceable out in the field??
Or is there something i am missing??

You are right it and others need internet, I use oziexplorer for android on my tablet and keep the tablet mounted on my quad.

IsmaelJ

Back to top Go down

Post by mada Wed 02 Nov 2016, 8:46 pm

Me to ozi with the inbuilt gps works amazingly well. I should this set up to a hema user and he was flabbergasted. The tablet is fast loading with a 10" screen and the maps was only $79. Love it, would love it even more if i could drop tenements on it.

mada

Back to top Go down

Post by Jack-Tar Wed 02 Nov 2016, 10:03 pm

You can achieve everything you need on Geomaps. It's free and once you get use to how clunky (not very intuitive) it is you will be happy with the info it provides. It doesn't need Internet in the field but you do need to download and update tenements on occasion. I must have setup 20 prospectors computers this season. I might have to start charging. Razz Razz . In fact I get back to Perth tomorrow and I have been asked to do another one.

Craig

Jack-Tar

Back to top Go down

Post by mada Wed 02 Nov 2016, 10:17 pm

Haha you can count me in Craig as I am hope to peg some ground so if it makes it easier then I am all for it. Very Happy

mada

Back to top Go down

Post by IsmaelJ Wed 02 Nov 2016, 10:46 pm

You can put the tenements on ozi using Google Earth and GPSBabel, I do this on my laptop when in the bush and transfer it across to the tablet. You download the tenements from the DMP download site into Google Earth then save the tenements you want as KML's then do a mass conversion with GPSbable and or you can even make them into one big plot file by just doing the complete tenement list and saving as one huge plot file. I did this also with minedex so I can see the different gold mines etc...

IsmaelJ

Back to top Go down

Post by mada Thu 03 Nov 2016, 8:24 pm

Thanks Ismael I have done this with my laptop but for some reason not all that keen to drag my laptop around. Have you tried it with a tablet?

mada

Back to top Go down

Post by IsmaelJ Thu 03 Nov 2016, 9:56 pm

mada wrote:Thanks Ismael I have done this with my laptop but for some reason not all that keen to drag my laptop around. Have you tried it with a tablet?

My tablet is android so can't run the GPSbabel program on it. I have done what I suggested in the post before, I first download the tenements in Google Earth format and the use Google to find the areas I wish to go generally at camp and before I go out on my PC/Laptop. I pick the tenements I have permission for and save them as KML files. I then use GPSBabel to convert them to OziExplorer plot files. After that I transfer them across to my Tablet in the OziExplorer directory and load them into the tablet on OziExplorer for Android. The android version of Ozi is pretty good and only costs around $30 works the same as the PC version with some limitations but overall is really good. As my tablet is an old Motorola Xoom it lasts easily more than a day so is always on my quad running so I can navigate to anywhere I want and with the tenement plot I can see the boundary so I don't stray... It also comes in handy as Ozi lays a track also of where I have been so has come in handy for a few things especially in retracing your steps if you accidently lost something on your travels Shocked  Embarassed

If you need any other info call me (0417947764). I hate typing out instructions... Very Happy

IsmaelJ

Back to top Go down

Post by mada Thu 03 Nov 2016, 10:53 pm

Awesome thats sounds like what I need to do. Thank you for that you're a legend. I know what you mean about typing, it gets tiresome..

Thanks again cheers

mada

Back to top Go down

Post by Dozer Fri 04 Nov 2016, 6:38 am

Have you tried using google voice to text for the instructions?
I am afive thumb keyboard stabber and have started using it more and more. Not here sadly as this was stabbed on a PC

Last edited by Dozer on Fri 04 Nov 2016, 6:40 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : addition)

Dozer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down