Detecting West Australian Gold
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Geoview wa

+2
Bignuggs
IFOne
6 posters

Go down

Geoview wa Empty Geoview wa

Post by IFOne Sun 15 Jun 2014, 1:37 pm

I use an ipad and cannot access Geoview wa from the Mines Dept website as Apple can not get The Silverlite app, has anyone had this problem and found a solution?

IFOne

Back to top Go down

Geoview wa Empty Re: Geoview wa

Post by Bignuggs Sun 15 Jun 2014, 2:38 pm

There's a lot on the internet about it but it appears the problem is with apple not allowing silverlight.
But there is more than one way to skin a cat so they say, so start with a youtube search and see what you can find.
Here's a start.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I-g5LZk213c

cheers
Cliff
Bignuggs
Bignuggs
Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by IFOne Sun 15 Jun 2014, 8:12 pm

Thanks for that Cliff, but unfortunately it didn't give me anything, probably because I am not very computer literate and it wouldn't go any further after I typed in www.foreveryonetech.tk just sat there doing nothing. Once again thanks for trying for me. Ian

IFOne

Back to top Go down

Post by Bignuggs Mon 16 Jun 2014, 5:39 pm

Try contacting this chap from DMP. He might be able to help.

Joel D'Antoine
Joel.D'Antoine@dmp.wa.gov.au
Spatial Database Analyst, GeoView.WA Administrator

Ph: +61 (08) 9222 3678
Fax: +61 (08) 9222 3633
Bignuggs
Bignuggs
Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Flying kiwi Mon 16 Jun 2014, 6:48 pm

Tried a while back don't think you can do it
Flying kiwi
Flying kiwi

Back to top Go down

Post by IFOne Tue 17 Jun 2014, 9:11 am

Again thanks for all the help I contacted tech dept of mines dept and they said nothing yet but they are working on it and hope to have something in 6 to 8 weeks
Ian

IFOne

Back to top Go down

Post by BIG GEM Wed 18 Jun 2014, 9:22 pm

Have encountered this problem and contacted DMP to no avail. Victoria DMP is a head of WA and one can access their data from ,y ipad but when contacting DMP WA, they did want to know, so sad, once again in WA the last to come on board. Little Gem

BIG GEM

Back to top Go down

Post by Moneybox Mon 23 Jun 2014, 2:48 pm

I tried to get Geomaps yesterday and ran into the same problem. I ended up downloading to Windows XP in Boot Camp on the MacBook Pro. Now I have to work out to get maps into it. At the moment I just have an empty page. I did download maps but they ended up in My Documents an I don't think that's right. Everything is a little more difficult when you're on the road.
Moneybox
Moneybox

Back to top Go down

Post by NuggieDreamer Mon 23 Jun 2014, 9:51 pm

Moneybox wrote: I just have an empty page. I did download maps but they ended up in My Documents an I don't think that's right.

Open GeoMap
Click 'Tools' on top Menu
Click 'Add Data'
Find the downloaded file you want
Click 'Open'
Bingo...

then just add more layers the same way.
There is a lot of how to's in Help and YouTube
NuggieDreamer
NuggieDreamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Moneybox Tue 24 Jun 2014, 9:15 pm

Thanks NuggieDreamer I'll give that a go in the morning. We're near Marble Bar tonight with very poor internet.

Phil
Moneybox
Moneybox

Back to top Go down

Post by Moneybox Tue 01 Jul 2014, 7:56 am

I got Geomaps up and running and found it quite useful getting around where our other maps didn't have enough detail. We also used it to get ourselves into a bit of bother getting back to the main road. The maps are way to old and not up to date with new mining roads and road closures. We planed a trip SW of Marble Bar that clearly had tracks leading back to the highway further south. Navigation is easy as you can pickup GPS waypoints along the way. The problem is that many of the old tracks no longer exist and we found ourselves taking a lot of dead ends before following unmarked graded roads until we met up with the other end of the original tracks. As it was it didn't matter because we were in no hurry and the extra forty kilometres of road was quite good.

I found the base map covering this area quite clear and easy to follow but when I swapped to the Meekatharra map it was a confusing mess. There's too much data on the base map to get a clear view. By the time you've overlaid a couple of features it's too difficult to read.

Does everybody have this problem or did I get the wrong map?

Phil
Moneybox
Moneybox

Back to top Go down

Post by NuggieDreamer Tue 01 Jul 2014, 10:49 am

I just use a good 100K or 250K local JP2 topo.
Add Google Earth ground shots for local tracks (not shown on topo),
Then overlay and make translucent geo, tenement and mine location shape files as needed for comparison.
Start file with gps plugged in for moving maps.

or just ask your mates, where are we going next?
NuggieDreamer
NuggieDreamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Moneybox Tue 01 Jul 2014, 2:20 pm

NuggieDreamer wrote:I just use a good 100K or 250K local JP2 topo.
Add Google Earth ground shots for local tracks (not shown on topo),
Then overlay and make translucent geo, tenement and mine location shape files as needed for comparison.
Start file with gps plugged in for moving maps.

or just ask your mates, where are we going next?  

Sounds like it might be easier to ask my mates, but than I don't think any of them stop work long enough to go looking for gold....
Moneybox
Moneybox

Back to top Go down

Post by NuggieDreamer Tue 01 Jul 2014, 2:49 pm

MB

Mate, It usually goes like this...
Find a big piece of gold 1st and you'll have plenty of mates who will all of a sudden have plenty of time to take off work and gladly want to go back to where you found it.

hang in there lwkgthgt
NuggieDreamer
NuggieDreamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Moneybox Tue 01 Jul 2014, 7:28 pm

NuggieDreamer wrote:MB

Mate, It usually goes like this...
Find a big piece of gold 1st and you'll have plenty of mates who will all of a sudden have plenty of time to take off work and gladly want to go back to where you found it.

hang in there lwkgthgt
I have to say the friendship displayed from all the people we met in the goldfields amazed us. First we met an elderly retired prospector on the Broome beach. He gave us advice and directions on where we should find gold. When we got there we met K town swinger, gut feeling and others. All eagerly showed off their gold and directed us to the best place to find it. We went on to Bernies Patch where we met others and then on down the road through the centre to home. Everywhere we met another prospector we obtained advice, exchanged contact details and we're made feel welcome to return any time.

We expected everybody to be secretive of their finds and prospecting fields but it was the total opposite.
Moneybox
Moneybox

Back to top Go down

Post by NuggieDreamer Tue 01 Jul 2014, 8:16 pm

Way to go,
Stay humble, as the saying goes... good things come to those that wait. Don't get too upset when you come across a nutter. So far your going in the right direction. Lets hope that detector comes back after an easy fix and your back for round 2 sooner than later and your luck turns.
 kwdf
NuggieDreamer
NuggieDreamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Moneybox Tue 01 Jul 2014, 9:59 pm

NuggieDreamer wrote:Way to go,
Stay humble, as the saying goes... good things come to those that wait. Don't get too upset when you come across a nutter. So far your going in the right direction. Lets hope that detector comes back after an easy fix and your back for round 2 sooner than later and your luck turns.
 kwdf

Got the detector back. They say that it's working perfectly and perhaps it is. We'll just have to keep swinging and keep an eye on what others are finding with the ATX. Reports so far are not encouraging.
Moneybox
Moneybox

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down