Detecting West Australian Gold
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

noisy detector and touch sensitive coils

+3
Panther
Bignuggs
fencejumper
7 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

noisy detector and touch sensitive coils - Page 2 Empty noisy detector and touch sensitive coils

Post by Guest Sun 03 Nov 2013, 11:57 am

First topic message reminder :

since we r broken down again I thought I would get a couple of days detecting in to break the monotony.

the bloody machine would not shut up so after tweaking the gain and stabilizer I decided to take it out of enhance and run in general, hit the auto tune and try again.

well this worked however the 16" and the 8x6 coils I was swinging are touch sensitive --hit a bit of snake root or a flower then the thing goes off..couldn't drag the coil on the ground as it would continually ping like a signal..

Is anyone else having this problem..not to mention that the end of the shaft fell out were it holds the coil socket.

using the advantage coils and aren't all that old.. I didn't have my 11" commander coil (back in the workshop) as I don't seem to get any problems with the commander coils.

After all the frustration did manage to get a 1.3 grammer.
Madmav who is also up with me pinged a couple of pieces to top off the day.

look forward to any ideas or remedies

regards
oneday

Back to top Go down

noisy detector and touch sensitive coils - Page 2 Empty Re: noisy detector and touch sensitive coils

Post by Guest Tue 05 Nov 2013, 11:16 am

mulgadansa wrote:Gday Ray
For what it's worth I discovered years ago that the direction you wind the coil cable up the shaft makes a huge difference to these squeals. I wind it so that the cable ends up on the far side of the handle and then enters the detector box. This stops the cable coming in contact with your body on the middle/left hand part of your swing. Makes a truckload of difference.
cheers
Brett
Brett,

That sounds about right. But just to be clear, any chance of a sketch?

Cat

Back to top Go down

noisy detector and touch sensitive coils - Page 2 Empty Re: noisy detector and touch sensitive coils

Post by Guest Wed 06 Nov 2013, 6:53 am

Wind the coil lead anti clockwise if your right handed,and clockwise if your a lefty.
Power leads can be funny critters sometimes. Loss of voltage,poor audio (or no audio),crackling in the audio,and general pops and whistles can be the symptoms.
I have stripped back a few leads and the problem is always cracking of the individual insulation on the wires.
Once they are perished,cut the ends off for spares and chuck em in the bin.

Back to top Go down

noisy detector and touch sensitive coils - Page 2 Empty Photo posting?

Post by mulgadansa Wed 06 Nov 2013, 8:10 am

What's going on with the site? trying to post some pics and the Host an Image box is coming up empty?
cheers
Brett
mulgadansa
mulgadansa

Back to top Go down

Post by martinjsto Wed 06 Nov 2013, 8:33 am

so it is ,not sure what is happening. we will look into it Brett, thanks

martinjsto
martinjsto
Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

noisy detector and touch sensitive coils - Page 2 Empty Coil Cable pics

Post by mulgadansa Thu 07 Nov 2013, 11:21 am

Here ya go Cat, Ray and All. With the cable on the far side of the handle you never get those "bump squeals" as the cable touches you. Use opposite config if you're a leftie I guess.
You can see Ismael Jones "Little Ripper" attached to the control box, they're brilliant. Cordless detecting. don't have any idea how many people use them.
The tecta is due for a clean, didn't realise how grotty it had gotten.
cheers
Brett
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
mulgadansa
mulgadansa

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 07 Nov 2013, 2:22 pm

MD,

Thanks for the photies. I do mine like that anway; it's just the way it always seems to work out. But a valuable lesson anyway.

Does the gadget from Ismael provide "bluetooth" connectivity to "Bluetooth Headphones'? Or is it something else?

Ta,

Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by grasshoppernt Thu 07 Nov 2013, 10:05 pm

went to the nuggetfinder factory and met Rohan as i had a noisy sadie coil. He replaced it for me on the spot, no questions asked. Once you have checked the lead connection and ruled that out, I would just send it on. He prides himself on his reputation, and would not hesitate to replace it!
grasshoppernt
grasshoppernt

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 14 Nov 2013, 5:48 pm

well pull my detector box apart mind u it helps to have the right tools to get the nuts undone thanks to steve..

there aint much in there

the wires near the coil plug seemed a bit ify and pushed one of them back into position  so when I get a chance next week I will crank her up and see if that makes a difference..

might open it up again and put a dob of silicone in there to see if that stops it happening again only after I have tested the rocket.

regards
oneday

Last edited by oneday monday on Fri 15 Nov 2013, 6:38 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : after thought)

Back to top Go down

Post by grasshoppernt Fri 15 Nov 2013, 6:21 am

Fingers crossed!
grasshoppernt
grasshoppernt

Back to top Go down

Post by Bignuggs Fri 15 Nov 2013, 10:08 pm

Ya dealing with fine wires and circuitry boards.
As we all know, solder can be a problem.  it gets old and needs to be renewed.
Example:  your TV only displays red/black or green/black - like a negative photo
It's the solder.  The heat dries it out and sooner or later, bingo, problems.  No picture.
Well I'm only guessing, maybe it's the solder.  Dab some new stuff on.
It took a TV repairman to let me into that little secret.
Ever wondered how they make their money with TV repairs  ??????
We are a wasteful lot, when the TV or Stereo sh#ts it self, we throw it out. makes ya wonder.
Bignuggs
Bignuggs
Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 16 Nov 2013, 11:06 am

Caterpillar wrote:

I made up a better method of securing those cables to stop 'em from moving in relation to each other and BINGO, BONGO, BANGO  -  that 2100 was a vastly different machine. I wish I still had it.

Cat
So Cat... what was this modification you made?

Robert

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 18 Nov 2013, 3:43 pm

all fixed--pushing the wires in on the inside of the detector box was the key--she runs as smooth as a --well u get the drift--don't want to offend any women--lol! 

just as an added advantage I have put on an xtra long shaft and run the coil lead up the shaft without winding around the lower shaft as suggested and yep the lead coming out of the box to the coil is now on the opposite side as an xtra incentive for the machine to behave itself..

and bugger me dead even found a piece of gold last night when me and Madmav went for a swing..

regards
oneday

if u r going to pull ya box apart u will need a special tool ( I reckon i'm up to it) and not an ordinary Phillips head screw driver.

Back to top Go down

Post by mulgadansa Mon 18 Nov 2013, 5:59 pm

Good to hear you've finally found a fix Ray.
cheers
Brett
mulgadansa
mulgadansa

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 22 Nov 2013, 6:45 pm

geez even put on the booster last night and went for a swing with Madmav and I managed to score a 1 grammer and steve got frustrated..

regards
oneday

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 25 Nov 2013, 7:01 am

geez Brett get a paint brush with soft bristles and clean yah detector--its bloody dirty..lol! 

regards
oneday

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2